ASICS Super Six: Matthew (Sub-5:00)

Follow the progress of Mustkeeptrying, our sub-5:00 hopeful

121 to 140 of 1,134 messages
12/01/2011 at 10:04
Hi MKT, just checked in to see how you're doing. It looks like it is going well.
We met at the Asics selection day in the differently fast group.

I'm doing the Llanelli Great Welsh Marathon on 10th April, so I'm keeping an eye on your schedule in my foolish but all-out attempt to run 4.30.

I'll be at the Merthr 20M on 20th March too.
12/01/2011 at 12:09

Hi mighty pudding! Good luck for the Llanelli marathon and i'll keep my fingers crossed for you that your training goes well and that at the finish line the time is what you are hoping for. 4:30 seems like lightening speed to me at the moment but it is pleasing to see the mile times dropping week after week.

Be great to see you at the Methyr 20 miler- i'll look out for you and take some pics to go on here too! I looked at my results from the last time i did it and it was an average pace of over 12min 30 secs but was just please to survive last time. I'm hoping to see a big difference with the amount of training this time around compared to my cobbled together effort for the Paris marathon in 2009.

12/01/2011 at 19:01

you are doing  just  great  Matt.

Nice and steady  all the time and be very positive.

no doubts  about your self.  some days will be hard  but  YOU know you are doing great so revel in that  and look forward to next challenge.

Stay  in touch  and get  those healthy snacks and plenty of fluid going

12/01/2011 at 20:10
Thanks bud- yeah the key seems to stay positive especially when out on the runs and to enjoy it above all else. I'm always trying to look forward to the next session instead of being daunted by it like I was last time I trained for a marathon. Snacks and drinks planned for tomorrow so looking for a good run.
12/01/2011 at 20:16
Forgot to say- my birthday today! 31! I had a nice day at work and then back to a surprise party which was sooooo lovely . We are going to watch inception with a glass of wine so probably not going to set any landspeed records with running tomorrow.
My ma and pa got me a ride on a Segway thing which sounds pretty cool
Edited: 12/01/2011 at 20:18
12/01/2011 at 20:48
Happy Birthday! Just a young thing
Edited: 12/01/2011 at 20:49
12/01/2011 at 20:50
Happy birthday MKT - you are doing really well
13/01/2011 at 14:29

Hi and thanks for the birthday messages . Did the session this morning...but...only had time for just over 5 miles as needed time to get showered before work (a point probably much appreciated by colleagues and students alike).

Did'nt worry particulary about time as was just taking it easy but really enjoyed it with my tunes playing and the miles dissapeared quickly (between 10 and 11 1/2min miles). Bottom of the left leg a little stiff this afternoon but i think its just adjustments to regular training.

I seem to be getting such a different perspective on distances as the weeks go by and suddenly 5 miles does not seem that far.

13/01/2011 at 18:26
It's when colleagues ask how far you ran and you say 'only' ten miles that you know you've been properly sucked into this
13/01/2011 at 21:10
Yeah your right USB I loved it last time round for training when I got used to the long distances and a 10 miler became the norm. I just kept thinking cool I can do that and survive!
14/01/2011 at 09:38
Went circuit training this morning  had a good time and worked my upper body for a change! How hard are push ups! Only did 10 before collapsing in a heap.
14/01/2011 at 16:20

10 is 10!  

next target  is 12 and 20 before end of Jan

14/01/2011 at 17:42

just popping in before I jet off on holiday to see how your doing- and the ansswer is BRILLIANTLY!!!

good going MKT- will look forward to catching up when I get back!!

Just back from an LSR of 14 which I did at average 11.25 m/m so feeling very chuffed with myself!!

Stay safe MKT and I'll check in soon

14/01/2011 at 18:30
Will do bud! I'm gonna do push ups before every run from now on puny arms be gone!
14/01/2011 at 18:36
Hi vik hope you have a lovely time on holiday- where you off to?
Well done on the Impressive running too especially over that long a distance. I hope to emulate you when I get to that stage. Nothing quite beats that feeling at the end of a long run when you feel so proud of what you've achieved. Like a sense of euphoria that stays with me all day.

Thanks for your comments it really does really help to keep me motivated and to keep pushing on.
14/01/2011 at 18:49

WE're off to sharm el sheik on monday night- one adavantage of working for an airline that I can get some winter sun- but rest assured the hotel has a gym so i can keep up with my plan!!

I've scoffed pizza this afternoon  and done some housework  but definitely feeling smug!!  got a double shift tomorrow at work but will do an easy 4miles or so on sunday before going out to lunch and then will try for something longish monday as we don't fly until 10pm!!

you're doing grand MKT!!  it'll be cool that i'm doing brighton the same day so we will be doing some of the race together come April!!

seren nos yn canu    pirate
14/01/2011 at 19:31
Bud Baldaro - Coach wrote (see)

10 is 10!  

next target  is 12 and 20 before end of Jan

for a moament I thought you meant miles for the long run......until I realsied you meant pushups......

Have a great tiem Vik.I'm jealous

14/01/2011 at 20:32

Sharm el Shiek- lush. I 'm with Seren on the jealousy front .  I used to work for airtours back in the day and was a rep in the dominican republic. I used to love jogging/plodding up and down the beach. Although i love living in Wales its just not quite the same

Yeah it is cool your doing Brighton the same day. I'll definately be thinking of you as i go round and i hope you have an awesome experience.

Your pizza's given me an idea....

<he creeps off to the freezer but finds it devoid of the delicious italian scoffing food and returns feeling slightly sad but healthier>

14/01/2011 at 20:36
i always have pizza as a treat after a long- if i order one in i do it online so it'll magically appear after shower/stretching and all that jazz- lazy i know but bloody beautiful after a 20miler
14/01/2011 at 20:46
Lovin your work Vik - that is some genius level thinking- will incorporate it in to my training regime!
121 to 140 of 1,134 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.