ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

2,001 to 2,020 of 4,093 messages
19/12/2012 at 19:05

Not at all Jen, doesn't matter how fast or slow you are. No pressure though.

No problem seren, thanks for considering it. 

Shame on me btw. I forgot Tigger - I'm sure she said she was up for it. Also Paul, can't remember what you said?

19/12/2012 at 19:07
I've just noticed this thread's hit 2000 posts, impressive. Had a busy few days so I'm completely out of the loop again

Also the Physio's told me I've torn my meniscal cartilage in my knee and can't do any running which is a nice early Christmas present, also rules me out of going for the forum 6 place if anyone's got any experience with this I'd be grateful for any advice/tips.

Still at least I can keep myself busy with the 58 hours I'm scheduled to work over the next 5 days, hoorah for retail I suspect I shall be going dark till Christmas Day after this evening.
19/12/2012 at 20:06

Grinchy - Just seen your post!! Argh! That sucks! Hope it gets sorted and heals up quickly!!

19/12/2012 at 20:30
Thanks Sarah, having never had an injury before I couldn't train through (and that includes things like cracked ribs and broken noses through taekwondo!) I feel a bit lost, I may have to move my marathon dreams for next year into the autumn season. This is a bit gutting as even out of the Target 26.2 process I'd hoped to share the journey, plus I'm probably going to put on at least a stone over Christmas now! Still, on the positive side it's a great excuse for doing very little on Christmas Day and I can spend some quality time with my boy... and his new toys
19/12/2012 at 22:16
Just checked out the website for the Thunder Run, looks awesome, what a great idea. I would definitely be up for a crack at that.
seren nos    pirate
19/12/2012 at 22:24

grinchy... bad news.can you do swimming .. even if its with a pullbuoy to imobolise legs................and what about the belt things that let you aqua run........hope you heal quickly

19/12/2012 at 22:58
If were struggling on numbers I can always ask a few of my friends at maltby running club if you like?
19/12/2012 at 23:17

Grinchy - Def worth looking at Seren's idea - I've heard good things about aqua running for injured runners! We need you fit and well for TR!!

Sarah - I need to get my arse in gear and sign up. Have you signed up for it yet?

20/12/2012 at 07:24
No not yet sarah, wanting to make sure we have enough in our team first....don't wana turn up on the day and end up having to run for 24 hours, think it would kill me!
20/12/2012 at 10:48

Indy - really sorry to hear about your injury. How bad is the tear do you know? 

A friend of mine had a fairly minor meniscus tear earlier in the year. He recovered within a month but I know it can vary. His referral letter contained the classic quote:

"Mr Smith experiences approximately 20 minutes of morning stiffness."

Good to hear that you're up for TR24. You have plenty of time to get fit for that. 

20/12/2012 at 11:02

Hey guys,

Grinchy, that's awful right on top of Christmas! Let's hope it's not too serious and you're back out there soon!

I am 100% definite for TR24 - sounds like amazing fun

20/12/2012 at 11:21

Coolio.

So that's:

RRR - in a pair

Sarah
Clive
Indy
Steve 

Sarah, let's see how we go for numbers here though my general view on this is the more the merrier. Max team size is 8 though.

I think Tony and Tigger were both interested so that would be another too. Just waiting to hear from them.

Ady? Paul? Where are you on this?

20/12/2012 at 12:33

Grinchy, hope knee improves quickly, how gutting, but great timing for xmas playing!!

I had a rubbish run in the wind n rain last night  felt like I was going backwards!! But I still chalked up 5 miles!

20/12/2012 at 17:43

Malcs- are you already entered in a team?

Been for a swim today- thought the cross training would be worth it as legs a bit tight after tempo run yesterday. could have saved myself the admission fee and gone in the puddles outside instead

Grinchy- gutting to hear about the knee, means you'll have to rest up. I recommend alcohol as a pain killer/relaxant, or general way to pass the time over the Xmas period!!!

20/12/2012 at 17:54

Yeah, I entered back in November with the same guys I did it with last year so unfortunately I can't join the bootcamp team.

I'm happy to do the admin but I'm not sure what happens when it comes to entering - it may need someone to volunteer as team captain. I don't know if you can enter a team but not be part of it if you see what I mean.

20/12/2012 at 18:24

Evening all....it's been a few days since I last popped in on here. I thought I would post in the calm of this thread, before diving in head first to the individual forum pages. It looks like everyone's is going well 

Grinchy.....very sorry to hear about your injury. That's terrible news. How did you do it? Do you know how long you need to rest for? At least you have an excuse for being waited on hand and foot over the Xmas period!

I don't think I'll be able to participate in TR24 unfortunately. A little annoying as it sounds quite an experience! 

Did anyone go out running in the rain today? Very happy it's a cross-training day for me today!

20/12/2012 at 18:53

I was out in the rain - loved it! Nice easy 5 miles. Rain wasn't too heavy though so I think I got off lightly.

Ady - sorry that your thread seems to have been taken over by a training strategy debate. I genuinely believe that everyone means you well which is why they are having the discussion. Also, there seems to be alot of confusion as to the point of these myAsics plans. They do seem a bit strange. Clearly all of yours have had major tweaks thankfully.

Shame about TR24 - maybe next year?

20/12/2012 at 19:08

haha.....absolutely nothing wrong with a good old debate or discussion. I'm sure everyone will be all the more enlightened for it, especially someone in my position.

I'd definitely love to do TR24 one day.

Just seen the weather for Saturday. Lookins like I'll be doing my first long run of the training plan in a monsoon. 

20/12/2012 at 20:04

Cross training for me aswell this eve! involved lots squats

20/12/2012 at 21:30

I've got the pleasure of squats to look forward to on Sunday  They'll be one sore gluteus maximus come Monday morning!

Edited: 20/12/2012 at 21:31
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.