ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

2,041 to 2,060 of 4,103 messages
21/12/2012 at 14:55

Hey Sorry Yep All over the TR24!! Count me in for what I'm worth! haha feel sorry for everyone else If I'm running with a head torch! can be somewhat..... vocal in the dark!!

21/12/2012 at 15:02

I recon jen and her bars should come along and be ....... Head of support,  haha cheer leader!! 

21/12/2012 at 15:19

Excellent Tigger!

Sod supporting, she should come and run  

....but only if you want to Jen, no pressure here.

Btw. you're getting close to the 500 too! Watch out though SO4 is hot on your tail!

21/12/2012 at 17:48
thanks tigger. . I'm sure I'll look really cool in a rara skirt waving Pom poms . lol

lovely rest day today...no work till next Thursday..and a nice sports massage booked this eve at wine o clock. things look good
seren nos    pirate
21/12/2012 at 18:49

Malcs.don't worry about post counts.the more you have just means the more crap you talk

21/12/2012 at 19:17
Right, having been off the radar for a bit I'm going to make this a power post!
seren nos yn canu wrote (see)

grinchy... bad news.can you do swimming .. even if its with a pullbuoy to imobolise legs................and what about the belt things that let you aqua run........hope you heal quickly

Thanks, Seren, at the moment I can't do much of anything, but I'm thinking swimming is the way forward, I'm going to give it a go after Christmas.

ChristMalcs Cracker wrote (see)

Indy - really sorry to hear about your injury. How bad is the tear do you know? 

Good to hear that you're up for TR24. You have plenty of time to get fit for that. 

jinglebellsjen wrote (see)

Grinchy, hope knee improves quickly, how gutting, but great timing for xmas playing!!

Shady_Ady wrote (see)

Grinchy.....very sorry to hear about your injury. That's terrible news. How did you do it? Do you know how long you need to rest for? At least you have an excuse for being waited on hand and foot over the Xmas period!

sarah tinsel toes osborne wrote (see)
Sorry to hear about your knee grinchy I would def say rest up, can take anything between a month to needing surgery depending on how bad it is. What symptoms do you have and have you had an MRI?

I did it initially a couple of months ago on a ten miler training for the Birmingham half marathon, about two weeks before the event. Foolishly I decided that failure wasn't an option and did it anyway which basically completely knackered it. Naively I thought it was just a bit of overuse and decided to rest it for a few weeks but upon running again for bootcamp, I then twisted it and it's got progressively worse. Prompting a trip to the physio.

I'm not sure how bad it is as such, Physio said to rest it completely then ease back in to training a little at a time, unfortunately my job involves a lot of lifting, bending and being constantly on my feet, coupled with 12 hour days because of Christmas so it's hindering it I think. But then I guess it can't be really serious if I can walk on it all day, albeit with some discomfort.

Not had a MRI yet, I'm going to give it a month then head back to the physio, I'm hoping with complete rest I'll be able to start training in a month or two, fingers crossed it's not bad enough to require surgery  Come what may I will be ready for the Thunder Run!

Santa's little tigger wrote (see)

I recon jen and her bars should come along and be ....... Head of support,  haha cheer leader!! 

I Concur!
Edited: 21/12/2012 at 19:18
21/12/2012 at 19:46

Malcs.don't worry about post counts.the more you have just means the more crap you talk

Hmm...am I to be offended or is that a bit of self deprecation?

21/12/2012 at 19:50

Indy - does sound like you need to give it some time. If you're looking for silver linings, it's not a bad time of year to take a short break

21/12/2012 at 19:54
GrinchyMcQueen wrote (see)
 Come what may I will be ready for the Thunder Run!
Make sure you are! Take it as easy as the job allows and listen to your body...
Will be great to all meet up - should be a fantastic weekend
21/12/2012 at 21:00
Grinchy, it does sound promising if you are able to be that active on it at work, but it does sound like a long rest is warranted especially if it flared back up at BC after a few weeks rest. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Would def recommend an MRI if its still the same in a month

Haha Malcs, I didn't even realise that you could count the number of posts you've made....are you celebrating tonight?

Ady- you got it in one......guilt free eating and drinking for the rest of my bday!

Just wondering, what would people recommend, did 14 miles today and fancied doing a park run in the morning- would people advise not to and rest or go for it?
21/12/2012 at 21:31

Oh yes Sarah - I will have a cup of tea and a mince pie, I know how to celebrate!

Can't help you on your dilemma, sorry - I'm bound to give you the wrong advice. 

So for the TR24 we currently have:

Clive, Sarah O, Steve, Indy and Tigger. 

I've given Paul and Carol a nudge.

21/12/2012 at 21:45
Sarah. I'd do it..but for enjoyment not a PB.
21/12/2012 at 22:37

I'm here I'm here... just catching up!! So many celebrations... Happy Birthday today SarahTTO! There are so many reasons for you to have a great night tonight including your running which is going to come on even "greater guns" in 2013 !! Hope you take it easy in the Park Run tomorrow. Happy 500+ postings Malcs! Sorry to hear about the injury Grinchy

I'd love to do the TR24 if there's still space on a team?? Have the Forum 6's been announced yet? May pop over to check quickly! Aw, I've missed you guys!

21/12/2012 at 22:57
I will see what they say on forum 6 sub 3:30......would be nice to do one as I've had the barcodes on the side for the last3 months but haven't had the chance to use them....know what I'm like though- I will go flat out and probably sulk when I don't do aswell due to tired legs today.....although that is a good excuse for a rubbish time!

Glad to hear that you can join us carrot for the TR 24! Rumour has it we find out on Christmas Eve regarding the forum 6 places!x
21/12/2012 at 23:15

Excellent CarroT!  Just leave that tiger at home it looks a bit bitey!

So Team update:

Clive, Sarah O, Steve, Indy, Tigger, CarroT

Waiting to hear from Paul. Sadly DS2 and Tony can't make it, though I reckon DS2 is in secret nogitiations

Jen I reckon is planning to turn up on the day just to surprise us

If you had 6 at roughly and hour a lap that would be 4 laps each. Team of 8 is around 3 laps each. So depending on Paul and how you're all feeling the questions is whether you want 1 or 2 more.

Btw. now we have 6 we can enter a team of 6-8 and modify the numbers at a later date. I will have to check whether I can do that myself if I'm not running in that team - unless someone wants to pick up the ball from here?

Edited: 21/12/2012 at 23:15
22/12/2012 at 14:28

Both! 

seren nos    pirate
22/12/2012 at 15:00

I believe I have made a few more than 500 posts but probably no more than 500 sensible ones in amongst the crap

22/12/2012 at 22:28

Tenjiso - Ha! Thanks!

LOL seren, I'm sure that's not true.

22/12/2012 at 22:31

Massive congrats to Sarah for making the Forum 6 

Tenjiso - commiserations, sorry you didn't make it. If it was judged on humour you'd win hands down. 

23/12/2012 at 08:24

Thanks Malcs.  I'll still be around, and I suspect you will be too.  The latter will be seen as a good thing.

Good luck with that TR24 everyone.  I've no idea what it is, but good luck anyway   (24 hour race/relay?)

....and have a great Christmas! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.