ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

2,061 to 2,080 of 4,103 messages
23/12/2012 at 08:32

Really sorry you didn't make it to forum 6 Malcs., you too Tenjiso.

Time for a rethink on plans for me....

Have a great Christmas everyone.

23/12/2012 at 08:52

Oh yes Ten, I'll be sticking around for sure. 

Jen - yes, gutted for you too. We were never all going to get in though. Paul missed out as well (unlucky Paul). Still, we can now focus on getting ourselves sorted for Llanelli now - really looking forward to that.

There's so much help around I already know what my plan will be. Mix in a bit of stalking of the Sarahs and Ady and I'll have all the info I need. I'm sure you've found the same Jen and if you haven't you will - just ask, people here are so helpful.

Right - time to hit the street

23/12/2012 at 12:57

Ten - yes TR24 is a 24hr 10K relay. Still space if you're interested?

23/12/2012 at 13:21

Malcs I may have a 'non forum bod' who may be interested if we want more people???

Bad luck everyone on the Forum 6 ( although if I'm honest I haven't really followed it!)

and should I not manage another post before tomorrow evening ( which with two small peeps is very possible!)  and also the fact I have just picked up my first road bike and am uber excited may a) be outside alot and b) unable to sit on the computer chair for too long!!

Merry Christmas to all, hope you all have a fabulous time, eat too much and of course drink to much!! Look forward to sharing 2013 running adventures with you all!!

Love from Tigger xx 

23/12/2012 at 22:09
Glad that Malcs and tenjiso will be hanging around....I need you guys to brighten up my thread!
24/12/2012 at 20:23
Enjoy the bike Tigger. We may need a couple if you want 8. I think Sarah said she had some people too. We can finalise everything after a the festive excitement is over.

Have a great one everyone!
25/12/2012 at 00:06
Hello everyone, sorry I've been away for a while, hasn't been the best of times but all is well now.
I'm not even going to try and catch up, it has moved so fastly. Unfortunately I can't make the tr24, it's the very same weekend I have a wedding I have attend (typical), gutted, but with so many great guys and girls going I'm sure it will be a success.

Merry Christmas and happy running everyone!!!

PS thank you Malcs for sending the mails and sorry I couldn't get back to you till now!!
25/12/2012 at 09:46
Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all have a fantastic day ( only 14 mins until I can wake everyone up!)
25/12/2012 at 16:35

Merry Xmas everyone- hope you all had a good day

Congrats to anyone who managed to get out- i did a short one whilst in laws sat with kids watch tv... nice to have some time to relax after 4.40am start

26/12/2012 at 17:03

I've just entered Thunder Run! ... As one of a pair! I suspect the 3 or 4 laps will be fun and the rest ... not so much! I'm really excited!!

Hoping to see you all there!

26/12/2012 at 22:07
How many laps do you hope to do Sarah?
26/12/2012 at 22:08
Clive....4:40 start....your joking....that's the time I sometimes get in after going out on Xmas eve!
27/12/2012 at 00:18

Clive - 4:30am start? Eek!! Glad you had a chance to chill ...!

Sarah - No idea... hoping to run - or shuffle - until I drop. Only got 4 in at Endure 24 last year as I was part of a large team of slower runners it was all there was time for. Such a great atmosphere though - like a music festival ... but a lot less alcohol. And more Deep Heat.

27/12/2012 at 10:53

Hmm - do they have a massage tent? 

27/12/2012 at 21:21

Hi guys, hope you all had a good christmas, back to work today for me

managed a few runs in last few days and it was SO nice having my daughter home to run with me. 

27/12/2012 at 22:43

Hi everybody. Apologies for not posting on here for a while. I hope everybody had a good Christmas. There's still plenty of leftovers to finish off, so the healthy eating might have to wait until next week 

Managed a few runs this week so far. I even got out Xmas day, like a few others here. Made the over-indulgence far less guilty afterwards! 

28/12/2012 at 12:17

Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas.

Just been on the Paris Marathon Website and it is now less than 100 days to go!

Good luck to the lucky five.

28/12/2012 at 16:13

Greetings one and all - been banned from electronic devices for most of the time we've been away so I'm sneaking in to see what's going on. Hope you all had a great time. I managed much more running than I thought I would this week so I am very happy. 

Shadester - well done on getting out on the big day, very impressive!

Clive, I feel for you. Know all too well what it's like dealing with the little fellas on Christmas day. Thankfully ours slept until 7am and since them have managed to be 8:30-9am most mornings - I've never had so much sleep!

RRR - great to hear you're signed up. We need to get organised with the bootcamp team. So we have 6: Sarah, Clive, Tigger, Steve, CarroT, Indy. We can enter a 6-8 team and decide on whether you want to bring in extras later. There's options of non-forum people from Tigger and Sarah. 

Now, regarding entering. I think I can do it for you unless anyone else would prefer to do this? I need to have a volunteer for team captain. If I enter the team I can either use my address or the team captain's address. I also need DOB and T-shirt size for all team members. If you can message me with those details a.s.a.p. I'll get the wheels set in motion.

28/12/2012 at 16:37

Hi all, I too have taken a back seat with the electronic gadgets this week. So much to do with family visiting from all over. Still managed over 40 miles for the week including a 16.5 and a 10 miler so really happy with that.

I would have loved to take part in the 24 hour thing but have checked dates and am on holiday that weekend so it is a nogo, I'm afraid.

Looks like you have a good team building there. Shame for some on the Forum 6 but there are many opportunities ahead of us in 2013. Good luck. I hope everyone achieves their respective goals - not least the 5 in Paris!

Anyhow, off to catch up on the other forums now!

29/12/2012 at 00:26

Exciting re TR24 the team!! Sounds like it's all moving along!! DS2 - Sorry you can't make it - would have been nice to have presented you with your socks ... I'm determined not to miss a training session now!

Sarah - they have a massage tent at Endure 24 last year but I'll be a first timer at TR24 so I'm not too sure. Malcs - ...?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.