ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

2,081 to 2,100 of 4,103 messages
29/12/2012 at 18:28

Very many merry merries everyone! Been doing some nice chillaxing and eating and more chillaxing!

Cool pics of all of us at Boot Camp in the latest RW magazine if you haven't already seen them . Planning on starting my 16wk prep for the VLM on Monday... hoping my prep goes more or less to plan! We must meet up in the designated finish area those of you wanting to and planning to do the VLM

29/12/2012 at 20:28
I've just got my issue through the post but haven't opened it yet....will have a peak!
29/12/2012 at 22:53

Hi Carrots! I didn't realise the magazine was out yet!! Eeek! Will have to have a look tomorrow!!

30/12/2012 at 10:47

Hello everyone, just seen the RW Magazine, great pictures and great memories!!!

30/12/2012 at 11:25

Hi all........it was a nice surprise seeing the photos in the magazine. I didn't realise there was going to something in this month's edition. I'd actually flicked through the magazine and not seen the feature first time around! Very nice indeed!

A.W
30/12/2012 at 16:36

Is it in the shops yet or do you guys have a subscription and had it through the post? Did they get my good side?

A.W
30/12/2012 at 17:20

Hi A.W, yes I got my subscription mag in the post yesterday. I got a heads up from a friend otherwise I wouldn't have opened my mag for a few days I don't think  . Sorry I haven't been blogging on your page of late... Christmas R&R and break from internet as DS2 and others have said too. Could only spot you in the collage I think unless you were too quick and shot off the front of the group photo

RRR I've got such a cool pic of you in your pink socks and top from when we were waiting around for our photos at BC, it's probably the same one I took for you on your camera. It makes me smile & I feel so proud that I have a picture of my little RRR celebrity Such a nice smiley pic of you too Shady_Ady in the collage, Sarah O looking good in action running on the treadmill and DS2 and Tony getting their pacing right on the track 

seren nos    pirate
30/12/2012 at 18:07

go on tell me..do they mention at all that the runners will be following the asics training plan,......i just need to know

30/12/2012 at 19:55

do you mean that 'revised' asics training plan seren?

30/12/2012 at 21:29
I've only looked at the pictures, haven't had time to read the text as yet but when I do Seren I will let you know.

Fab picture of DS2 looking like he's having fun, smiling away.
30/12/2012 at 22:25

Hi everyone, sorry ive not been looking in too much as hectic week with xmas and work...

Great pics of BC- Sarah on treadmill, Tony and DS2 checking thier watches.. All the photos I'm in you can see everything except my face... think I know waht happened on the vote

Will be offline for a week now as off to Egypt for holiday with the kids- have to run round and round the hotel to get a couple of runs in- my wife told me that I HAD to take my running shoes as she couldn't face me getting twitchy

31/12/2012 at 18:58

Awww CarroTs ..! xx

31/12/2012 at 20:37
Popping on quickly to wish you all a happy new year, have a fantastic night, all the best for 2013
31/12/2012 at 20:38
Have a fabulous holiday Clive.
01/01/2013 at 08:07

Happy New Year everyone

01/01/2013 at 11:50

So...after much thought, I've reset my targets for this year. I'm not going to do a spring marathon, ( but don't worry Malcs, I will be there at GWM to cheer and hand out granola bars). I am going to work on speed, strength n power for the first half of the year, and try and do a 24:00 5k. Then translate all that into a marathon plan to  get me around Snowdonia marathon in the october

Any one alse setting new targets for 2013 ?

01/01/2013 at 16:06

Happy New Year! I hope I'm not the only one sleeping for most of the morning today and suddenly becoming allergic to sunlight!

Carol........thanks very much.......normally when I have a photo taken I manage to push my chin into my neck making me look like I have at least 5 double-chins. It's nice this one isn't as bad as normal!

Have a great holiday Clive......glad you're taking your running shoes with you 

Jen....that seems like a good plan. Apart from Paris, my only other target is to do an ultra later in the year, once I've recovered from the Spring Marathon. I also want to run the Parkruns regularly this year so I can slo work on getting my 5km time down somewhere towards 20 mins. It'll be nice to at least beat my current PB at some point 

01/01/2013 at 18:47

hey hey hey! happy new year to you all!!

After a brilliant night out with my family last night, we are being lazy and watching up!

I too have decided against a spring marathon this year, although i intend to train for my 20 mile race as if it were a marathon! well tis only 6.2 miles short! Like jenf I intend to work on getting my pb' s down and then do an autumn marathon! 

01/01/2013 at 20:16

Ady, i was in bed until 10am....which is pretty late for me. Managed an 8.45 mile run out doors though...was nice to blow the cobwebs off and I feel so much more better now for doing it

01/01/2013 at 21:49

Happy new year everyone Hope you all had a great one!

Ady's "only" target later in the year is to run an Ultra... oh, is that all then?? Nutcase

I've never run a parkrun - didn't know they existed until I started coming on here - definitely something I want to get in to.

Good luck with the autumn maras Jen and Tigs - you'll do great

Sarah, that's an impressive distance post NYE party!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.