ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

2,121 to 2,140 of 4,093 messages
06/01/2013 at 22:14

Lol Sarah.. I like it that off road is worth double points!

Shady, I always do some off road runs in any training plan, mainly because I enjoy it, I tend not to worry too much about pace, just run the distance I want to. I always feel really good after a trail run. Its def harder than roads, but my next road run then seems easy!!!!

08/01/2013 at 14:45

If anyone fancies an autumn marathon...theres a new one this year in york

http://www.theyorkshiremarathon.com/?utm_source=launch&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=YMlaunchdm

08/01/2013 at 15:49

sarah - I'm seriously thinking I might do this! Flat and fast and perfect time of year for me.

08/01/2013 at 19:57
http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/471967/gallery/2013.01.06.kflminnisbayxc.jpg?width=350

First swim of the year  on Sunday after a 6 mile cross country race through boggy marsh lands and at least 5 water filled ditches! I lost my shoe around mile 1... it just got sucked straight off my foot & I had to go searching for it in the deep muddy puddle I was trying to run through LOL!!! Everyone running past me must have laughed at the sight of the fight going on - the mud just didn't want to give me back my shoe for what seemed like an age  !!!

It was nice to "clean off" and get refreshed in the sea at Minnis Bay near Margate afterwards! (Me = the shocked face on the left!)

Been great to hear all your news, sorry about the neck & shoulder Tigger . After much thinking, I'm very sorry that I won't be able to make the Boot Camp TR24 team after all as already discussed with "poorly but recovering" Malcs . I'm sad I won't get to see y'all but who knows, I might manage to get a bunch of local friends together at the very last moment. Hopefully Tigger or Sarah O you'll be able to find people who'd be chomping at the bit to join the team? I'm going to concentrate more on my "first love" triathlons this year. I'll definitely still keep on running....... and swimming....... but maybe in warmer waters me thinks!! xox

Edited: 08/01/2013 at 19:58
08/01/2013 at 20:54

Good luck with the triathlons CaroT. What ' warmer waters' do you fancy?

DS2/ sarah, York marathon looks good, and a lovely city for a weekend break.

08/01/2013 at 21:26

Thanx Jen. I was kinda "wishing & a hoping" for warmer waters here this coming summer !!!

Last year my first two triathlons of the season (6 May & 3 June) turned into duathlons at the last minute on race day because the (open water) swims were cancelled due to the water being too cold even with wetsuits (less than 14 degrees C).

Maybe I'll stick to indoor pool tri's or start planning a nice relaxing tropical holiday instead . Good luck with your training xox

Edited: 08/01/2013 at 21:30
08/01/2013 at 23:01
Indoor pool tri sounds more like my cup of tea,x
09/01/2013 at 13:01

So with Caroline sadly dropping out the TR24 we're left with just 5. I have the details for all but Clive (on holiday) and Indy who unfortunately hasn't got his account set up to receive messages. Indy, if you're listening please message me with your DOB, full name and T-shirt size.

What do you want to do? With 5 that works out at roughly 4-5 laps each. Assuming there are no other takers from here do you want to bring in some people from outside the forums?

09/01/2013 at 13:33
sarah osborne wrote (see)

If anyone fancies an autumn marathon...theres a new one this year in york

http://www.theyorkshiremarathon.com/?utm_source=launch&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=YMlaunchdm

Thanks for the heads up on the Yorkshire Marathon Sarah. I'm giving that serious consideration at the moment.

09/01/2013 at 18:53
Malcs wrote (see)

What do you want to do? With 5 that works out at roughly 4-5 laps each. Assuming there are no other takers ...

I'm slightly sorry, but glad I now have a holiday booked over those dates, else in a moment of weakness I may have been tempted to join you!!!!!

09/01/2013 at 23:45
Hey guys,

Apologies for the long absence, had a lot going on over the last couple weeks and they've just disappeared, thanks to G&W Tigger for the nudge to get me back on.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and new year.

Hey Malcs, messaging is now set up! Details as follows;

Aaron Paul
15/11/1978
Large

I was thinking I could probably manage 3 laps, is that a poor show?!? I'd offer to recruit another member but I'm a bit of a soloist and no one else I knows runs
10/01/2013 at 13:56

Indy! Welcome back to the forums mate! Did you have a good Christmas and New Year?

10/01/2013 at 14:14

Jen - I don't suppose your holiday is in the Derbyshire dales?

Thanks for the info Indy though I didn't mean for you to post your DOB in public.

We need to have a bit of a discussion here about how to proceed. Unless one or more people are up for doing 5+ laps then you're going to either need more people or you'll have to finish early. Sarah and Tigger said they might know some takers. What do you want to do?

Edited: 10/01/2013 at 14:15
10/01/2013 at 15:24

Welcome back Indy.

Hi Jen - how is your training going?

Malcs  - are you feeling any better?

Steve - I'll catch up later on your thread! Nice going so far though!

CaroT - you are bloody brave ......or mad! How is your training going? I'll be doing a 15 miler past your club headquarters on Sunday!

Clive - are you back off holiday yet?

10/01/2013 at 16:18

Feeling a bit worse unfortunately. Had a bit of a relapse yesterday. Spent most of the evening clamped to the radiator (yes, I am that pathetic).

10/01/2013 at 17:28

Hey Indy though posting on your old thread was a good plan!!

Well guys and galls I though I would share that my shoulder is back to normal! 3 run of the week so far and I am loving it! 5.5 miles today! new soundtrack is AMAZING singing out loud because I love it not because the run was too hard!! Swimming lesson tomorrow and I am so buzzed about it!! after the trauma of watching 'The Impossible' yesterday and spending majority of the afternoon crying like a baby I am back to full hydration!!! Tigger is bouncing on a total high!!

Malcs  - That's rubbish! Hope your feeling better soon, I'm not going to suggest 'Man up wet pants' no not at all!! Didn't say that! no no no!!!

10/01/2013 at 17:52
Hi Tigger, good to see the bounce is back!

Malcs - not clever. I trust Mrs Malcs is taking good care of you?
10/01/2013 at 19:06

Hey DS2!!!  I was just going to message you!!! I'm unable to do Halstead as hubby is away for the whole of May  booooo

10/01/2013 at 19:42
DS2 wrote (see)

Welcome back Indy.

Steve loves bacon wrote (see)

Indy! Welcome back to the forums mate! Did you have a good Christmas and New Year?

Thanks! I see your training is going well, Had a great Christmas once I got out of work on Christmas Eve, but too tired to remember most of it! Oscar had a great time which was the important thing. I was working all through New Year so missed that too (managed to stay awake till 23:30!)

Malcs wrote (see)

Feeling a bit worse unfortunately. Had a bit of a relapse yesterday. Spent most of the evening clamped to the radiator (yes, I am that pathetic).

Malcs, completely missed that you were suffering, hope you make a swift recovery.

Green & White Tigger wrote (see)

Hey Indy though posting on your old thread was a good plan!!

Good Shout
10/01/2013 at 20:12

Hey, good to see people back on this thread,

Tigger, glad your bouncing again!

Malcs, the 'man flu' bug is particularly vicious this year

Hi DS2, good to see you back! my training is going well. I'm working on speed at mo, 8x2mins 1min recovery yesterday was a killer!

This eve I was back on the wts and did heavy sqats - max effort- more than my body weight!! I was well pleased

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.