ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

2,141 to 2,160 of 4,103 messages
10/01/2013 at 20:48

Indy im only hoping to do about 3 laps too... i will ask some of my friends and get back to you all

10/01/2013 at 22:53

any rules on us all doing the last lap together??

and I was thinking maybe team hoodies for the occasion?

I recon a big pub lunch after!!

10/01/2013 at 22:58
Green & White Tigger wrote (see)

Malcs  - That's rubbish! Hope your feeling better soon, I'm not going to suggest 'Man up wet pants' no not at all!! Didn't say that! no no no!!! 

DS2 - no, all sympathy from Mrs Malcs ran out days ago, I'm on my own!

Not sure about the last lap Tigger. I don't think anyone did this last year. What did happen was many of the teams joined their last lap runner for the last 100m and crossed the line together.

Sarah - you just need one more and I can put a team of 6-8 in. Runners can be added later, we just need to get the place secured.

11/01/2013 at 15:00
Malcs wrote (see)

Malcs  - That's rubbish! Hope your feeling better soon, I'm not going to suggest 'Man up wet pants' no not at all!! Didn't say that! no no no!!! 

DS2 - no, all sympathy from Mrs Malcs ran out days ago, I'm on my own!

Not sure about the last lap Tigger. I don't think anyone did this last year. What did happen was many of the teams joined their last lap runner for the last 100m and crossed the line together.

Sarah - you just need one more and I can put a team of 6-8 in. Runners can be added later, we just need to get the place secured.

How are you feeling today Malcs? Ive sent some recruitment messages

Tigger have you a design in mind?

11/01/2013 at 16:15

Slowly improving thanks Sarah but still not 100%. Not ready to run again yet. As such I have a weekend of moaning and sighing planned

11/01/2013 at 16:30

Well Sarah just thought

THUNDER RUN 24 ( Team Name...RW Bootcampers 2013 or something not really thought too much about that bit) then underneath all of our names. Open to suggestions, just thought it would be an extra nice touch!

12/01/2013 at 08:02
Morning Malcs.....think that would be my exact plan if I was unwell! Least your doing the right thing and not starting back on your training too soon, I did that last year and kept putting myself back, resulting in me needing even longer off. Fingers crossed by mon you will be pounding those streets!

Have you thought about a colour tigger?
12/01/2013 at 11:39

Morning, hope you all not too cold this morn!

I've just done my first ever parkrun  It was good fun!  It was a trial run, but hopefully it will lead to a regular thing. There's not been a parkrun in my area before, so I really hope it takes off.

Hope you feeling better soon Malcs.. if you feel you need any coaching with the moaning n sighing, my OH is an expert!!!

12/01/2013 at 12:53
lol jen

glad you had an enjoyable first park run. Ive still only done the one. With me doing my long runs on a friday it means I cant do alot of them.
12/01/2013 at 20:33

Well done Jen thats brilliant.... kinda got parkrun envy!!

Sarah not really thought about colours.... any suggestions??

12/01/2013 at 22:20

Argh CaroT! In the sea?? It's January, crazy lady!!!

Sarah - you'll DEF want to do more laps ... trust me!! I did Run 24 last year in a large team and was having such a blast I wanted to do more than the 4 I was allowed!! (sulks!)

It will be fab seeing you guys on the course and the in the campsite!! Woo woo!! Feel free to prod me with a stick or something on the course when you see me as I may well need some distraction after the first few laps!!

13/01/2013 at 15:46
do you think sarah? is it not exhausting, 4 laps is about 19 miles isnt it....not sure I could do that many...but never say never and I guess it depends on if we have to or not!

do we have to provide our own tent?
13/01/2013 at 17:32

Right - I've enetered the Surrey Spitfire 20 on 3 March. Thought I'd better make sure I got in after missing out on the York Marathon. Who else is in for the Spitfire?

I have a cunning plan re: York. I will buy a charity entry. Shouldn't be more than a few hundred quid to raise and hopefully the charity I'm cycling for next year will see fit to offer me one of their places. It will just increase the target fundraising a bit!!

13/01/2013 at 18:24

Evening all!! DS2 would love to..... but maybe not already have a 20miler on the 17th!

Buzzing tonight just hoping the snow stays away for a bit!

Sarah i was thinking the same! do we just take a team tent? i have one with 3 pods short of that have a club top up tent! i recon we will be buzzing and not notice the amount of laps!! did i say i recon......i think i meant i hope!!! any colour suggestions?

13/01/2013 at 20:38

DS2, spitfire sounds good! but I'm already entered Llanelli half same date .Like the cunning plan for York, that filled up quickly didn't it!

Sarah of course you can do 19miles.. you'll have done a marathon by then! (but thats easy for me to say when I'm not doing it )

Hi Tigger * wave*

13/01/2013 at 20:56
Yes Sarah, you need your own tent - assuming you plan to sleep of course, it isn't compulsory! I only slept about an hour but the kids and Mrs Malcs managed a decent kip.

I agree with RRR, I would never have wanted to do 3 laps - I did 6 in the end, which was hard but I screwed up by a) running my first lap way too fast and b) doing a double lap. Knowing you even for only this brief time Sarah you're going to want to do more. Remember it's 24hrs so you could do 3 laps on day 1 and 3 on day 2 - doesn't sound too bad when you think like that

I still haven't entered the team because we only have 5. I think it would be wise to get the place secured now.

To get a 6-8 team we could enter one of your OHs as the 6th member. They can then be swapped later down the line. I just need to stick 6 names on the form. What do you think?

DS2 - I'm now entered for the Spitfire too - woo hoo! Just need to get back to freakin' running now (improving slowly). Like your York strategy too!
14/01/2013 at 07:31
Ds2 I can't believe that you missed out on a place at York marathon, I will keep a look out for more places or someone dropping out for you.

I really didnt look at it like that, running so many laps on one day and so many on the next...would just be like a normal weekend! Do they have showers there?

Hi tigger...hmmm I like green or blue, what do you think? I don't have a tent, so any tent that anyone else has got is a bonus.

I've asked a few of my friends but about joining us but alot didn't know with it being on a sat and having to work- they were going to look into it. What time does it start at? Do you think we should just enter a team of 5 or like Malcs said enter a OH as the 6th member?

Thanks Jen, I guess your right 19 miles in between two marathons should hopefully be a walk in the park!!!
Edited: 14/01/2013 at 07:33
14/01/2013 at 10:39
sarah osborne wrote (see)

Indy im only hoping to do about 3 laps too... i will ask some of my friends and get back to you all

Great to hear I'm not the only one, although Malcs does paint a compelling picture for doing more

jenf wrote (see)

I've just done my first ever parkrun  It was good fun!  It was a trial run, but hopefully it will lead to a regular thing. There's not been a parkrun in my area before, so I really hope it takes off.

I'm definitely thinking a park run is the way to go when I'm back in training, they sound great, fingers crossed the Physio will be able to give me an idea of when I can get back on the road today

RunnyRunRun wrote (see)

Argh CaroT! In the sea?? It's January, crazy lady!!!

I second that! Hat's off to you though CaroT, I used to go surfing where I grew up on the IOW and Winter always gave the best waves, I can genuinely say that I don't think I could do that again now!

Well done Jen thats brilliant.... kinda got parkrun envy!!

Sarah not really thought about colours.... any suggestions??

I vote blue! maybe we could go two tone?

14/01/2013 at 23:34
im happy with blue....my favourite colour to wear!
15/01/2013 at 10:38

Yes Sarah they do have showers. There can be a bit of a queue but it's worth the wait. I had one last time and it was very nice. Had to queue for about 5-10 mins. 

The race starts at noon on Saturday. I think registration is from 11am and I'm pretty sure everyone needs to be there to sign in. 

So what about the entry? Team of 5 or 6-8? If the latter I need a name for team member 6 even if it's just a holding name. 

Btw. I haven't heard back from Clive yet but he may still be on hols.

Edited: 15/01/2013 at 10:38
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.