ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

2,181 to 2,200 of 4,093 messages
17/01/2013 at 22:14
Malcs wrote (see)

Sarah - thanks. Did 4.5 today SLOOOOWLY. Minus 8 and no gloves? Netball players are obviously all hard as nails! I'll stick to rugby.

Clive - great to see you back!

Indy - no problem. All for a bootcamp name comp - are you going to start the ball rolling? 

No gloves....and you ran slowly . My fingers were killing when I was driving with my gloves on in my car with the heaters on this morning!

DS2..it must be the week for being manic at work....ive had a horrendous few days. What cars do you have? do you want?

Glad its not just my car playing up....i thought I was going daft at first as the door kept springing open but I couldnt see anything in its way to stop it closing. It took 4 attempts at shutting it until I clicked that it was probably a frozen lock/handle....I can be blonde at times and yesterday was quite a busy and stressful day so I dont think I was thinking as clearly!

No snow yet for us....im hoping it stays away until next week...somehow I dont think I will get my wishes Tigger

You too Seren

17/01/2013 at 22:43
DS2 - yes first one will be spitfire. It's far enough off for me to get up to speed. I am tempted by a cheeky half in between. Tunbridge Wells is tempting. Ran again today so I think I can officially declare myself back...

...just as the freakin' snow hits, Yes Seren you hit the nail on the head. Perfect timing eh? Could be worse, I could be in Wales!

Sarah - the glove reference was to you and your netball. It's only around zero here and I definitely have gloves on!
17/01/2013 at 22:58

Malcs - Tunbridge Wells? Mmmm - enjoy the hills

17/01/2013 at 23:05

Yeah it's not a flat one. I've done it twice and I quite like the hills. I reckon I run faster over hills than on the flat!

Another one I looked at was Sutton 10K as I heard it was a good PB course

17/01/2013 at 23:13

Woo woo!! We're all entered for TR24 then!! It's going to be a blast!! I took my foam roller along to my 24 hr one last year - was TOTALLY worth it!

18/01/2013 at 08:08

RRR - do you get a priority pitch as you're in a pair? If not we should all try and pitch in the same place. You're allowed to get there early and 'reserve' a space by taping it off. 

DS2 - you got any races between now and March?

18/01/2013 at 08:35

I'm SO glad today is a rest day! blizzard conditions here!

18/01/2013 at 09:03

Jen - Mrs Malcs has banned her parents from leaving the house until Monday  Keep us up to date with the depth as it rises. Here it's only just started so there's just a dusting.

18/01/2013 at 14:59

No snow as yet

18/01/2013 at 15:17

Malcs - I'm doing the Canterbury 10 next Sunday. Last time I did it was 1994 when I ran 59:18 - would like to be under 70 this time but that will be a very good effort. I should be more disciplined really and run it as a MP effort so about 73 minutes but you know what it is like to get a number on your front!

It was absolutely freezing first thing for my 9 miler. Luckily I got out before the snow came. I just hope it doesn't put paid to the weekends planned runs. meant to be doing a 16 with 8 at MP on Sunday but that won't happen if there is snow on the ground. I will try to do 16 but at a slower speed though.

Has anyone heard from tonysonthebeach?

jenf - great day for a rest day!

RRR - stop going on about TR24. It's not my fault I'm on holiday that week!

18/01/2013 at 20:47

Not heard from Tony but he's a very busy chap. 

DS2 - yes, it's a nightmare trying not to race a race. 59:18 - blimey! Weekend is going to be tough for all of you hoping to put big miles in. Ady is already talking treadmills. Couldn't imagine doing 2hrs+ on a tread (more than 30 mins is bad enough). If there's a fresh layer overnight then it could be runnable. We can only wait and see.

Sarah - not sure you're getting any snow, lucky you! 

18/01/2013 at 20:59

I may have to don some XC spikes tomorrow and run round the farmers field behind my house. Luckily, I can walk straight out of my back gate onto the field so no tarmac and then woodland for 10 miles with trails through them so I could even do a long run that way, but 16 miles in XC spikes????

18/01/2013 at 21:55
Its arrived...only about an inch has settled before it stopped....I'm hoping that's it for the weekend!
19/01/2013 at 12:35

Just back from a nice 10miler, bit icey in places but good fun! Sun even peeped out for a bit! I love the crunchey snow, I felt like a big kid.  Anyone else manage a run this morning?

DS2 , do your spikes just clip over your normal trainers? or am I thinking of something else?

Malcs, I think the in laws can be allowed out... its not too bad here now!

19/01/2013 at 18:15
my race tomorrow has been cancelled : (
seren nos    pirate
19/01/2013 at 18:46

bad luck  but its understandable  

20/01/2013 at 10:14

Snow over in Birmingham is crazy, had some great fun out in it with Oscar though, treated him to his first sleigh, in the spirits of the old mastercard adverts; Plastic Sleigh £9.50, look on little boys face as he glides along the pavements, priceless!

20/01/2013 at 18:31

Great stuff Indy!

We hit the piste today too. My eldest is too old now to adopt the traditional, horizontal sledging positions. Once you hit double figures vertical (snow surfing) is the only way to go unless you want to make a serious dent in your street cred

Managed 10 miles in the snow today - fantastic stuff! Been coming down all day so the kids are praying for school to be off tomorrow. 

Jenf - good to know, I will release the in-laws 

20/01/2013 at 18:33

Hey Guys!! Well after 3 days of sledging I'v about had enough!!

In the last week I have ran a grand total of....... once and that was a 3 miler! I have swam 4 times and walked EVERYWHERE! is this helping the training??  humm

Best thing I brought this winter is clampons or what ever they are called, they are granny fabness! strap them on over your boots then never slip at all! Everyone MUST get a pair!

20/01/2013 at 22:13
wish work would be off tomorrow!

No proper hills in York for sledging : (

I reckon it counts tigger....still time on the feet!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.