ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

2,441 to 2,460 of 4,090 messages
20/03/2013 at 23:03
Thats a shame about Sheffield Clive....but fingers crossed you might be able to make it.....you will have to resign so you leave the day before!!

Your week sounds like mine Malcs...a nice easy one, before a final 20-22 next week!

Are you feeling any better Tigger?

Thankyou DS2. Did you enjoy being back in the game? I did my last two netball matches last week for the season...ive got to admit, I was relieved that its finished!
What a way to celebrate your 50th!

Hi Jen...when is SNOD?
21/03/2013 at 14:35

Hey Sarah Yep I'm good thanks! Back to bouncing fit!!  only just realised I said I was going to have a few weeks off running.... well screwed that one already! felt fab being out this morning, heading back to the pool tomorrow and cant wait!

Jen isn't snowdon in October time.... hey lets all do it!!!

21/03/2013 at 20:45

Sarah/Tigger, SNOD is 26th October, but I'm afraid the places are all sold! I am really looking forward to it, but at the moment I am still on my quest for speed! I did a really good ladder interval session yesterday, and this eve did all my favourite Olympic power moves at gym .  Going to try 5k parkrun on sat and a 5mile race on Sunday. I WILL get faster!!!!

23/03/2013 at 16:00

First part of weekend went to plan, knocked some more seconds of my 5k PB  

24/03/2013 at 13:16

...And so did today!  did 5mile in sub 42mins (that's really fast for me!!) and came 3rd woman. I realised at turnaround point I was in 4th woman position, and for the first time in my life I felt a competitive streak come out. I finished in 3rd  lol

Hope you are all staying safe if you have snow, last thing I want to read about is injuries caused by falls.

26/03/2013 at 09:27

Well done Jen! Those power squats are starting to pay off

Been trying to do a bit of speed work here too but it's so damn cold it feels like the legs never warm up!

26/03/2013 at 16:53

Well done Jen - there is a competitive streak waiting within everyone I reckon. It just needs bringing out. The harder we train the more competitive we tend to get - with ourselves if nothing else.

One of the best things about meeting you all at bootcamp has been checking on here and making sure everyone is keeping at it - it's kept me going at times.

This bloody weather is really annoying me! Should we not be in shorts and t-shirts by now. I know what you are saying Malcs - during my 3 mile warmup for my intervals this morning my legs and lungs felt like I was running flat out, I thought they would never cope at 6;30mm pace. Strangely, they were ok once the intervals started.

26/03/2013 at 18:20

I'm sure it will warm up before marathon month.

Malcs, I will be in touch re meeting up with Mrs Malcs to have coffee n cake while you race, oops I mean to support you.

Ok, question for you. If I run mile intervals at my dream 5k race pace, what rest between should I do?

26/03/2013 at 18:58
Jen- I have always used half the time of the reps so if you run the miles at 8mm then take 4 minute recoveries. As you progress you will naturally shorten the recoveries at the same time so you get double the benefit.

Hope this helps.

Also, make sure you stay warm on the recoveries by jogging rather than standing still.
26/03/2013 at 22:54
Hi jen...whats a ladder interval session? Congratulations on some new PBs and for coming third, you must be on cloud 9. Whens your next race?

Glad that your feeling better tigger and still addicted to running!

Thanks for that DS2...that makes lots of sense for the intervals and its easy to work out.

I had a 15k race in france this weekend. My legs didnt feel their best after the 12 hour journey but I managed to come 2nd lady and averaged 6:53 m/m so I cant complain too much...alot better than what I was doing 6 months go.
27/03/2013 at 08:16

Jen - yes, I hope you are working on your supoort banners Cake is fine as long as you're not eating it as I go by - I will be too tempted to stop and joing you!

Glad that DS2 replied to your recoveries question - I usually just wait until I have my breath back

DS2 - good to hear from you. I know from reading elsewhere that you've been very busy lately. Looks a bit warmer today. Comes to something when 2 degrees is considered warmer! The long range forecast is for improvements next week too so fingers crossed.

Sarah - that's an amazing result. And sub 7 too! Sure you won't be gunning for 3:15 in London?

Tigger - good to hear that you've got your running mojo back. Only 4 months to TR24

27/03/2013 at 09:15

Hey guys,

Great to see you back out running Tigs - didn't kep that up for long, did you?

Sarah - sub 7m/m for 15k?? That's super quick! Have you run a 5k recently? It'd be really interesting to see how fast you could go now...

Malcs - yes, the weather has been ridiculous!! Hopefully it'll thaw out slightly before all of our forthcoming races... Don't fancy running in my thermals. Not a good look.

In other news... I'm now an uncle! So proud of my sister and love my new niece to bits. She's called Emily. Here's a pic of her at 5 hours old:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGPB9Z5CcAA29Ae.jpg

What a beautiful little girl!

27/03/2013 at 11:16

Congratulations uncle Bacon!

Nice to have some good news given all the trouble you've had with that knee of yours. 

27/03/2013 at 11:55

Ahh! A little piglet!!! As Malcs said - nice to have some good news! Steve - I've commented on your thread. I'm sure you will understand the manner in which it is meant. I truly hope your knee settles down enough over the next couple of weeks.

Sarah - great performance. That's almost bang on 3 hour marathon pace. Next year................

27/03/2013 at 18:12

Lovely photo Uncle Bacon!

Thanks DS, I've used that formula for short intervals, it makes sense to use for miles also, but yes, jog the 3-4 mins recovery 

Brilliant running Sarah! you must be on a real high now!

with a ladder interval session you run a chosen time, then rest for 10secs less after each interval, I found it quite fun!

no major races for a while now, concentrating on 5k parkruns

29/03/2013 at 21:48
Haha Malcs...not just yet....but you never know, maybe in october....you fancy joining me?

Congratulations Steve. She looks so little and angelic, you must be so proud.

I havent done a 5k now since december...im so eager to do a park run though, want to see if I could now get under 20 mins!

Ha DS2....I think I would die keeping up that pace for 26.2 miles...how do you do it!

Thanks jen...will have to try that one next, i never thought that there would be so many ways to do speed training, definitely stops you from getting bored.
30/03/2013 at 17:04

Happy Easter weekend everyone!

We've been really lucky here and have had sun for the last 2days, so I've been out for one lovely long beach run yesterday, and intervals today. Hope you've all seen a bit of sunshine.

Happy holiday running

30/03/2013 at 19:42

Sarah - of course I fancy joining you but whether I can or not is a completely different matter. Sub 3:15 is serious hardcore. I would love to be able to get that fast but I really don't know if I have it in me. Remember my marathon PB is 3:58! I'll be over the moon to have something close to 3:30.

Jen - how has the wind been? I'd be grateful if you could start setting up wind breakers along the whole of the marathon route. It's a double lap course so you only have half the work to do.

Will you be making granola bar easter eggs? I'm thinking like creme eggs but with your patented granola bar recipe as a filling

Not as much sun here so I'm quite jealous!

31/03/2013 at 23:12

Hi Jen, happy easter. Sounds like you have been very productive with your running this weekend

I guess I shouldnt get ahead of myself either Malcs....I havent concored the sub 3:30 either yet

01/04/2013 at 08:46

Happy Easter everyone! Hope its been a good one, with some running to burn off the excess calories

Managed a couple of runs, including an 8 1/2 miler at 10pm when still on call , before I went home. Did a route near work which is 'challenging' in the dark with no headtorch. Had to make it a bit like a fartlek session as had to run quicker past some of the pubs in less salubrious parts of Doncaster....

Malcs- sure you'll be able to smash that marathon pb with the running you've been doing?

Jen- Always very jealous of your beach runs

DS- I agree that this weather is getting beyond a joke. I can't remember the last time I went out for a run without gloves or tights Hows the preparation for Halstead?

Sarah- How was trip to liverpool?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.