ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

2,481 to 2,500 of 4,103 messages
05/04/2013 at 13:23

Enjoy the holiday Clive. Thanks for the good wishes re: the race on Sunday (and sarah as well!)

05/04/2013 at 14:45

With all the Paris excitement I completely forgot you had Paddock Wood this weekend. Looks like it might be a little warmer than it's been for the last few days which will be nice for you.

Best of luck. What's your target for this one?

I missed your earlier post about Paris too. Strange but I had completely forgotten than we were all just one step away from the Paris adventure. At the time I remember feeling gutted for quite a while.

However, I'm sure you'll all agree that it would have been hard to put any more into it than the five they chose. They have all been amazing.

I now know for sure that I wouldn't have been able to match Ady. He has been outstanding both with the training and on his thread. 

I do feel a bit jealous of everyone going off to Paris this weekend, not just the Asics comp guys but everyone. I feel ready to race now and I don't want the weather to have too much time to warm up too much! Also, I am an emotional wreck at taper time so two weeks of mental torture is not something I'm looking forward to!

Clive - happy holidaying! Hope you have decent weather there, it's just Wales I want to stay cold (and London for Sarah of course)

Edited: 05/04/2013 at 14:46
05/04/2013 at 19:55

Well congratulations to all us hard core bootcampers who've stuck it out on this thread, DS2, Malcs, Clive, Sarah, Tigger, (and the others who drop in occasionally!) I think we all rock! we may not have made it to Paris, but I think we've all done ourselves proud.  

05/04/2013 at 21:31

Well said Jen!

Btw. my mother-in-law tells me the wind down there has been terrible this week. I'm praying it sorts itself out for two week's time. If it doesn't then make no mistake, I will be holding you to your riot shield offer!

06/04/2013 at 17:22

I'm sure I must have made some soppy comment at some point, but well we have all won, maybe not the competition but new friends!!

Gush Gush.... now wheres that pint??

06/04/2013 at 17:38
Hi All, totally agree with the comments. The 5 have done brilliantly and RRR in my category has been far more entertaining than I would have been. I hope they all smash their targets and Bacon Steve comes back and does himself proud later in the year.

Malcs - I'm setting off at 6:50mm which would bring me just inside 90 mins........ But.....that is a tall order keeping it going. I haven't run under 90 since 1994 when I set my PB of 75:30. Think those days are long gone!

I'm jealous of you lot making TR24 but can't do much about being on holiday. The best thing about the comp was meeting you lot and staying in touch. It has definitely helped me keep going at times.

Malcs - don't blame your madness on the taper!!!
06/04/2013 at 20:09

Ha! 

Whoa - 6:50 is quite a speed. Really hope you do it. 75:30! Well, you never know but at least it happened. I'll never be that quick.

Tigger - are you drunk yet?

06/04/2013 at 21:08
Malcs- some days I think 6:50 feels possible but most don't. The good thing is that it is a big field - 2500 - so will lots of company. I almost want this as much as I want a sub 3:15 marathon because it will make me think I' m getting some speed endurance back. Conditions and course probably couldn't be much better so if I don't do it it will be becausei'm not fit enough. Therefore no excuses!
07/04/2013 at 00:18
This thread is going all soppy, the tapering madness is spreading! Im sort of relieved that im not at paris this weekend....I dont think my legs are ready to run a marathon just yet...they feel slightly tired. After my drive to france two weekends ago aswell, I really dont think I could have done the mammoth journey again this weekend. Its been nice to follow the ones that got through and it has taken a bit of the pressure of my own marathon.

Ive met so many nice people at boot camp and on here and I have learnt more than I could have imagined, so as above, I think were all winners,x
07/04/2013 at 13:37

Well Malcs I felt it was only fitting as our famous 5 were unable to get sloshed that I should do it for them!! Haha taking one for the Team!!

They have all done so well! I will be entering again next year thats for sure!! Think possitive.... I will have to train like a demon if Im going to do DS2's Little Birthday Marathon bash as well

07/04/2013 at 13:54
Great results for Alex and Sarah so far. 2:53 and 3:25 so far.

Tigger- birthday bash will be on! I need to get my GFA to make sure I'm there and after today's half I'm not sure what I'm capable of. Never got going and a real struggle running just under 7mm but kept working hard. Every stride felt tough. I think the rubbish weather and lack of speed work is catching up with me. Anyhow came home in 1:30:43. Not sure if I'm pleased with that or not. Best half in 19 years though!

I would think the calculators would suggest touch and go for 3:15.
07/04/2013 at 17:29

Malcs - have you heard how Ady and Mel got on yet? Alex suggested on his thread that they all ran really well and another poster said she had looked and Ady had done well but I can't find his result?

07/04/2013 at 19:56

DS2 - bit late to post but as you've seen Ady did brilliantly coming in at 3:29:43, just what he wanted. Just Mel to hear from now for a clean sweep.

Great result in your race. Even if it was hard, to run your best race in 19 years is quite something. You say touch and go for 3:15 but you have a superb endurance base so whilst 7mm may have been tough you might find 7:25mm just takes the edge off and with your endurance you might be able to keep that up for much longer.

I'm such a hypocrite in saying this but you have to stay positive! 

I can't believe I just said that - I'm the world's biggest worrier

07/04/2013 at 21:11
DS- great result today . Calculators I use would have you under 3:15 no worries . Still few weeks till Halstead anyway

Great results for the guys- Alex 2:53, Sarah 3:25, Ady 3:29 (don't know mel's time but she had a medal in the pic on twitter so assume safely she got round)

Took /dragged a 6 & 8 year old up Haystacks in lakes today- beautiful today as no easterly wind in as long as I can remember and sunny. Almost felt like April! They are still bouncing around and I am regretting a wee 10k first thing this morning before we went out- legs not ached this much in ages...

Malcs- cant believe you're such a worrier
07/04/2013 at 21:24
Thanks Clive. How lucky you are to have the lakes within driving distance. Was that 10k a race? My legs are sore as well!

I had a look at the calculators as well and came to the same conclusion. I think I'm feeling quite positive. We shall see!

I believe Mel did well but don't know her time. It almost doesn't matter - it's such an achievement the way she has got on with things following Martins death. I don't know her but feel so proud of her for what she has achieved.
08/04/2013 at 14:52

Clive - I'm terrible. The missus is dreading the next two weeks. Her only relief is that I'm not yet carrying an injury, or at least I don't yet believe that I am

DS2 - glad to hear you're feeling positive, would be fantastic for you to make London for your birthday. 

Did a little speed run today with 3 miles at HM pace and the foot was fine all the way through for the first time in weeks. I was wearing older socks - surely that couldn't be significant? Taper madness starting maybe

08/04/2013 at 15:59

You are looking well set Malcs. The niggles are going just at the right time!

I reckon 3 pairs of old socks might do the trick!

08/04/2013 at 21:26
Hi DS2, congratulations on what I feel is an amazing HM time, dont be disheartened, at the end of the day you been putting alot of miles in recently and the weather had turned acutely mild in 48 hours not giving you much time to adjust. I think you will get your sub 3:15. To get your best HM time in the last 19 years aswell...think I would be celebrating!
08/04/2013 at 21:28
Malcs, you sound worse than me!
08/04/2013 at 21:29
Sounds like your having a fantastic holiday Clive, hope the rest of your weeks just as nice, if not better.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.