ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

2,561 to 2,580 of 4,103 messages
18/04/2013 at 17:13

Reg Nottingham are having a weekend of bike racing, in june, on the sunday they are doing a 25, 50 or 100 mile ride/race I'm still new to my road bike but am loving it!

18/04/2013 at 19:05
Hi tigger, so glad that you have put your name down for York....fingers crossed now that you will get one of those 600 places.

Hope your daughters ok?

Thankyou for your good luck.
18/04/2013 at 19:08
Haha DS2, glad to hear that your fighting fit and dont have any of the above ailments! Did you make your track session tonight? I cant get over the wind, its dreadful, but on a positive note you will get more out of your training tonight if you did make it.

Did you put your name down on the waiting list for York? I hope you did and you get one of the 600 places thats come available.

It will be nice to follow your last few weeks before your marathon once VLM is out of the way on sunday....will help prevent any post marathon blues!

Thankyou for your good luck.
18/04/2013 at 19:14
Malcs...harsh but the right thing to do...dont take any prisoners! Chris was supposed to be going up some ladders yesterday to repair our guttering, I did tell him that if he fell off I would still be going down to london and that he had better understand....been 16 weeks of tough training! Luckily a friend who is use to climbing ladders did it instead.

Im with you on that one....biking and swimming are not my strong points at the moment!

Hope this wind dies down by sunday.
18/04/2013 at 19:15
Thankyou clive. Hope you have a safe journey back home....do you fancy York? need to register by Monday????
18/04/2013 at 19:19
Reg they have released another 600 places for the york marathon in October - you just need to register before monday to stand a chance of getting a place if you fancy it? You can also do it for a charity that supports homeless children - their only asking you to raise ??350 sponsorship which I didnt think was bad (as its normally about ??3,500)
19/04/2013 at 06:37
I have registered for York. I already have a place at Abingdon for same day but would prefer to join up with you guys. I can easily sell on my Abo place.

It was rediculously windy here last night and since my left knee has been sore I did intervals on my bike in my garage. Tough session so gives similar benefit without the pounding. Have had an easy week running and knee feels much better now. Last 20 miler tomorrow.

Then off to spectate at VLM on Sunday. When people start talking about picking their numbers up I get that tingly feeling.
19/04/2013 at 08:26

DS2 - great to hear you're on the list for York. Will have my fingers crossed that you and Tigger can get in. Glad to hear the knees are recovering too. Enjoy that last 20 miler. 

I am the same re. the race number talk. Going to the expo with the music playing and all the race anticipation in the air - you just can't beat it.

Right - school run!

19/04/2013 at 12:05

Why, oh why are Americans so bloody useless at dealing with anything. They always have to go in all guns blazing and it invariably goes wrong!

The most worrying thing is that we are supposed to view them as guardians of world peace!

In they go and make things worse - as if things weren't bad enough!

They never show any sign of remorse or embarassment - they just always point the finger of blame at everyone else!

19/04/2013 at 13:02

I didn't even know anything was happening. Just catching up now. Wow, most of Boston locked down.

19/04/2013 at 13:19

Sarah - Love to do York but cannot as orgainsing a charity bike ride for that weekend.

Green & White Tigger - 100 mile, go on you know you want to!!!

DS2 - Surely you will be hearing chants of USA, USA, USA soon. Normal behviour for the Americans.

19/04/2013 at 14:39

Reg - shame about York, would have been great to see you. 

Currently I look 6 months pregnant with a carb baby 

19/04/2013 at 17:34
still having probs with computer so resorted to phone. little keys/fat fingers not a good combination!
Reg, good to see you back!
DS2, I saw a fabulous car no plate today. DS2 GYM
good luck sarah. I'm looking forward to reading your race report. your prep has been brilliant. you deserve a great time.
same to Malcs, but I'll be there to see your race! its pertect out there this eve.cold sunny and a v light breeze from the land.
tigger - you n I need a big catch up sometime soon xxx
19/04/2013 at 18:52

Top no.plate Jen.

Just about to leave for the West - will be in touch over the weekend!

20/04/2013 at 11:32

GOOD MORNING PEEPS!!  The sun is out and its a glorious day here in derby!! No running for me as hubby is away until the end of may, can only train when the kids are at school! But hey ho, hope everyone gets to enjoy the sun!

Not sure if any of the bootcampers are interested but RRR, bacon and possibly Sarah are coming over to mine on the 10th may, If anyone fancies it just shout up!

Jen yep defo catch up soon xx

20/04/2013 at 16:08

Great plate Jen. Been looking for something like that for a while!

Because I am so good to people on here I went out and tested conditions over 21 miles this morning. Ran at 10am and wore a vest and shorts. Light breeze was really nice and it was pretty much ideal conditions for a marathon.

I covered them at 8:10mm and they were very hilly. That's my last long run (well over 20 miles) completed and legs felt very strong although I was pretty thirsty in the last 5 or 6 miles after a very long climb of 3 miles. I ran without water!!!

If you get conditions like these tomorrow Malcs/Sarah you will be fine. I sweated a lot because it felt a lot warmer than I've been used to but just a drink every now and then would have made all the difference.

Sarah - the wind should be at your back for the last 7 or 8 miles pretty much - all the way back along the embankment at least.

Go crack it!!!!

20/04/2013 at 18:08
Tigger - would love to but it's my daughters birthday that weekend. Have a great time with the guys.

DS2 - cheers Dave and well done on that long run. I'm still a bit unsure how much I should drink but I think it'll be cooling here and may even rain so your experiment with no water is very reassuring. Thanks for taking one for the team

Currently I feel sick. Legs are all weak and shaky. Hopefully it's just nerves. I've never felt this bad before a race but then again I've never been fully fit before either! Pressure is on and I think I'm feeling it. Breathe in .... and out.... in....
20/04/2013 at 18:17
I'm feeling nervous as well. Luckily Steve Marathon Coach reckons I can do a two week taper since I haD an easy week this week.

I had so many doubts running today. Have to be positive.

Go get em Malcs. Make sure you text me your result.
21/04/2013 at 07:19
Cheers DS2!

Weather is good here. Ready for action!
21/04/2013 at 12:48

sarah is doing well on target for 3.24!! how exciting!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.