ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

241 to 260 of 4,103 messages
19/11/2012 at 21:13

Well, I guess I haven't got a place this year. At the end of the day. I entered this with an open mind, and nothing will deter me from trying my hardest and being the best that I can be. Congratulations to those who have won a place. I'll keep an eye on who to vite for when the time comes!

mcs
20/11/2012 at 10:53

Anybody had the call? They cant say I guess!! I haven't yet!!!

20/11/2012 at 21:01

I must admit, I was under the impression that those who were chosen would have been told last Friday, but when I look on that section on this website, it says to watch this space for updates.. Confused.. I am

21/11/2012 at 13:33

I'm in - just so excited now!

They did email on Friday. I was a bit worried about posting until I checked with RW that it was ok to do so - paranoid about being kicked out for breaching the rules 

Really sorry if you didn't get the call. To anyone else who did, I look forward to talking shop with you next Friday!

seren nos    pirate
21/11/2012 at 13:46

watch this space is just for their next feature on it......

everyone was told last week.

well done malcs

21/11/2012 at 14:03

Congratulations to whoever is through to the next round.

My votes can still be bought    20% discount before boot camp.

21/11/2012 at 14:07

Malcs - well done on getting through. I will be seeing you there! Have had confirmation that it is ok to broadcast as well. In fact I am even allowed to tweet it.

21/11/2012 at 14:17

Congratulations DS2 and thanks seren nos!

I suspect, many may have been a bit worried about posting as there were some suggestions around the forums that we might have to keep tight lipped. Quite rightly nobody wants to blow their chances.

Tenjiso - ha!  we're worried enough about whether posting here would jeopardise our chances never mind buying votes!    

seren nos    pirate
21/11/2012 at 14:30

i imagine they might talk more to you at bootcamp about posting on the forums.........they said they would last year and one of those picked at bootcamp hadn't posted at all and continued not to post at all when the vote was taking place so that noone could find out about them at all.................such a waste of a place......

21/11/2012 at 14:40

Well done Malcs and DS2. Will be looking out for you on the forums when the voting starts. Enjoy the bootcamp.

21/11/2012 at 14:55

@seren nos: I haven't been active at all myself until now - been more of a lurker - if that doesn't sound too insidious   Now I'm part of the process I intend to participate as fully as I can.

PS. you have 28 thousand+ posts! I just feel inferior now.

@BeckyS: thanks!  

seren nos    pirate
21/11/2012 at 15:01

malcs.i think its great that it brings in lurkers and new people .and great that you join in........

i wouldn't expect all the people to be selected to be already busy on the forum........but when you have been selected it makes sense to start to get used to posting on the forums.you will have your own busy thread and people like to see what kind of character you have.....

my problem was that one of the shortlisted did not make a single post........how on earth could they tink they could contribute to a thread if they couldn't even be bothered to do a hello post

seren nos    pirate
21/11/2012 at 15:02

PS the maority of my posts over the last 8  years had been crap

21/11/2012 at 15:03

The cynic in me says that the results of the voting will make little, if any difference.

Much like voting for Government, now I come to think of it 

21/11/2012 at 15:08

Hey hey hey!!  Such a relief to finally say........ I'M IN and bouncing!!

I too had been a lurker but have to say it is rather addictive now!!

Good Luck to everyone at bootcamp!

seren nos    pirate
21/11/2012 at 15:10

well done G&W

21/11/2012 at 15:39

Well done to all who got in! I'm just a tiny(read hugely!!) bit gutted I didn't get in!

21/11/2012 at 15:52

congratulations to all bootcampers!! I'll see you there, cos i'm in too

I've been lurking on this site, and posting on other unrelated sites... but I recognise a few names from other threads on here *waves*

Thank you for all the really useful advice from past bootcampers.

21/11/2012 at 16:00

Well done to all who have passed the 1st hurdle - lurkers or not, we want to hear how you get on.........so don't be shy. There is a thirst for knowledge on here as so many lesser mortals are in your footsteps if not quite in the spotlights!

21/11/2012 at 18:14

Well done jenf - great news. Wishing all the bootcampers a great day although I am green with envy!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.