ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

2,721 to 2,740 of 4,088 messages
03/05/2013 at 16:04

Congrats clive on being allowed to do the cologne marathon, I am actually quite jealous. What time will you be aiming for there, have you decided yet?

I was running in spain last year and had to do the same as you, by 9 am it was far too warm, although it did make running in england easier when I got back

Edited: 03/05/2013 at 16:05
03/05/2013 at 16:06

Good luck with your final longish run this weekend DS2.

I will sponsor you later today when I go on my ipad...dont trust this computer after it contracted a virus last year!

03/05/2013 at 16:09

Thanks Sarah. Much appreciated - and those that who have already sponsored me. I will PM to personally thank you all.

03/05/2013 at 22:51

Your more than welcome...a great challenge, especially the wee bike ride, I'm so jealous,x

03/05/2013 at 23:50
sarah osborne wrote (see)

It would be great if you did go for a sub 3:15...then we could run together. I was planning on 7:23 min/mls for york . Im thinking if I can get a sub 1:30 half then I should be capable of this all being well....are you in ??? 

It's a very nice thought but that could be a bit of a step too far at this stage. We'll see how training goes though. I would also like to get my HM down to 1:30 but that'll be tough. What's your current PB? I'm on 1:34 at the moment so knockig off 4 minutes will be difficult.

Mega snowed under busy at the moment. Been working past midnight every night so far. Just keep going until I start to drop off

DS2 - nice 'n' easy this weekend then it's all downhill to that GFA. 

Back to work... 

Edited: 03/05/2013 at 23:51
04/05/2013 at 15:18

Hey guys! Im not ignoring you all, My mum has been bad and had her operation so been slightly side tracked! I have been catching up just not had chance to post!

I ran my first Park run this morning! we dont half have some killer hills on our local park! It was good enjoyed it! Feeling quite positive for next weeks half at the minute!

I am seriously looking at Chester Marathon again this year, its on the 6th October so before the VLM ballot is revealed so I will still be focused on the 'MIGHT' thoughts of doing London!

04/05/2013 at 18:21

HI guys! sorry, I'm not posting much at the mo. Work stress . I will be back!!!

05/05/2013 at 08:01

Morning everyone,

You'll all be in bed or out running- I have the joys of two boys who woke up far too early... Also going to see if I can get out later as have the small issue of 'Lads v Dads' football against the under-8's team this morning. Is it wrong to want to beat them??

Tigger- is your Mum OK? Hopefully recovering from the surgery? Which park run did you do? I wondered about Chester too, but then decided for overseas trip to Cologne. Fancy that instead?

sarah osborne wrote (see)

Congrats clive on being allowed to do the cologne marathon, I am actually quite jealous. What time will you be aiming for there, have you decided yet?

In terms of time, I would love 3:15 but anything sub 3:20 would be great. It will depend on my training though. I should try to get my half time down (1:35) too.

DS- hope the last long run went well, and settling down for the run in

Edited: 05/05/2013 at 08:03
05/05/2013 at 08:54

Morning Malcs.. I hope you manage to get all your work done and you get to chill out for some of this bank holiday.

My best half so far was at barcelona which was 1;33 and about 30 secs, so not far infront of you, although I did walk for most of the day the day before and ran 0.12 miles too much. Im hoping that this will make knocking those 3.5 minutes off a little easier! 

Initially I was going to try to go for a PB at shef half next sunday but im not sure now whether to race it or just take it as a training run. I have a race on wednesday, but that is only 5 miles so hopefully it shouldnt tire the legs out too much, but im still not sure how they will feel running around 13 miles only 3 weeks after london (and in the warmer weather).

05/05/2013 at 08:58

Hi Tigger, i hope your mum is ok and recovering quickly.

I think Chester marathon sounds lovely, if I wasnt running York I would be tempted, either that or loch ness.

Whats your half next week?

Congrats on your first park run. It sounds like you enjoyed it despite the hills.

Ive been thinking about TR24 and have scheduled it in to my training plan for York marathon.....with that in mind im wondering if I can do 2 laps on the saturday and 2 laps on the sunday to make up my weekly milage...this is providing no one has any objections? Have you heard anything from Indy at all, or can we assume he isnt taking part any more?

05/05/2013 at 08:59

Morning jen, hope your still managing to fit some runs in and work gets better,x

05/05/2013 at 09:04

Clive Kelty wrote (see)

Morning everyone,

You'll all be in bed or out running- I have the joys of two boys who woke up far too early... Also going to see if I can get out later as have the small issue of 'Lads v Dads' football against the under-8's team this morning. Is it wrong to want to beat them??

In terms of time, I would love 3:15 but anything sub 3:20 would be great. It will depend on my training though. I should try to get my half time down (1:35) too.

Morning Clive. I dont even have children to blame for my early awakening. I got up at 7:45 despite having no reason to wake up early, not going to bed until 1am and spending all day yesterday either driving to and from the lakes or walking up/down a mountain!

Hahaha...its not wrong at all....will toughen them up and make them try harder, people have to get use to loosing, even if they are only kids 

Im trying to work on my half time too - think I need a sub 1:30, then I will be happy with trying to achieve a sub 3;15 in york. Do you have any halfs planned?

05/05/2013 at 21:17

Hey guys think my mum i doing ok.....well apart from feeling like her insides have been riped apart...oh yes sorry forgot she has!!!

Clive i would love to go abroad for a marathon but as we don't even go on holiday abroad because of the dogs I can only dream about a marathon!

Chester is looking very likely! As for the parkrun it was Darley Park, it has two shocking steep hills but fab never the less! I may not be the fastest but after a few weeks of training being all over the place I was more than pleased with 5th lady and 3rd in my age group!

As for TR24 I will do whatever is it better to go with a plan of who is doing what and when? Sadly no word from Indy!! as we can have up to 8 i will keep his name on the team but recon we could do with more member's! Any lurkers on here want to join us?

06/05/2013 at 14:09

Tigger - good to hear your mum is doing ok. I'm sure it's difficult to feel great when you've been through all that. Hope she's doing even better soon.

Great to hear your Chester option is looking more likely. It'll be so much better having a whole group of us training for races around the same time.

And well done on your placings btw. 5th lady and 3rd for age is mighty impressive!

I'm sure Indy will be back at some point. I just hope he comes back with a fixed knee.

Jen - I know the feeling. Look forward to your full return soon!

Sarah - thanks but it looks like it'll be like this for another 2 weeks. At least I'm getting some running in for sanity. Nice 8 miles through the nature reserve. Longest since race day. Starting to feel back to normal now.

I reckon you're faster than 1:33 now. It's a tough call for next week. You seem to recover well so you may be fine to race it. I think only you can know that one. 

4 Laps at TR24 is a nice number. Make sure everyone does one in the night, it is just brilliant - even at 3am, trust me you'll love it (unlesss of course you just did a lap at 2am of course )

Clive - lads vs dads footy? Sounds brilliant. And of course you go all out and smash them, what else were you thinking? There will come a day when you won't have a choice but to accept a good thumping so enjoy the superiority while you have the chance!

Might try that with our mini rugby. Once they reach Secondary school I reckon they are fair game. Touch obviously - don't want any broken bones or court cases

DS2 - hope the weekend's final long runs are done and you are ready for race week!

Reg - it's a bank holiday and you work for a bank so I assume you're making the most of it? 

Ady - did you get that Comrades long run in over the weekend? How did it go?

Edited: 06/05/2013 at 14:10
06/05/2013 at 21:54
Green & White Tigger wrote (see)

Hey guys think my mum i doing ok.....well apart from feeling like her insides have been riped apart...oh yes sorry forgot she has!!!

Chester is looking very likely! As for the parkrun it was Darley Park, it has two shocking steep hills but fab never the less! I may not be the fastest but after a few weeks of training being all over the place I was more than pleased with 5th lady and 3rd in my age group!

As for TR24 I will do whatever is it better to go with a plan of who is doing what and when? Sadly no word from Indy!! as we can have up to 8 i will keep his name on the team but recon we could do with more member's! Any lurkers on here want to join us?

Glad to hear that your mum is on the road to recovery.

I can asked some other people from my club if they fancy it...I should see them on wednesday. I tried to just stick to the people I knew well, but if we are struggling for numbers, I can ask some of the others. Do we need two more people?

A huge congrats, 3rd in your category is excellent, especially when your training hasnt been going quite to plan.

06/05/2013 at 21:58
Malcs wrote (see)

Sarah - thanks but it looks like it'll be like this for another 2 weeks. At least I'm getting some running in for sanity. Nice 8 miles through the nature reserve. Longest since race day. Starting to feel back to normal now.

I reckon you're faster than 1:33 now. It's a tough call for next week. You seem to recover well so you may be fine to race it. I think only you can know that one. 

4 Laps at TR24 is a nice number. Make sure everyone does one in the night, it is just brilliant - even at 3am, trust me you'll love it (unlesss of course you just did a lap at 2am of course )

Glad to hear that your starting to feel back to normal and you got what sounds like a lovely 8 miles in this weekend. Hope the busy 2 weeks flies by and you get plenty of runs in to keep you sane.

Thankyou...I do hope so...suppose next sunday will tell  feeling nervous now...think its because its in my home town!

I might be drunk at 3 am though!!

06/05/2013 at 22:04

Evening all........I've been away all weekend and only now having the chance to catch up on the forum.........I'll catch up properly tomorrow 

It was the 3 Forts Marathon yesterday and spent the Bank Holiday down on the South Coast with Mrs. Shady Ady. Marathons are getting more and more expensive now that Mrs. Shady Ady gets a weekend away out of it as well!

Definitely one of the hardest marathons I've done - plenty of tough hills and slightly longer than a marathon at 27.1 miles. The plan was to practice Comrades pacing at 10m/m, but managed to finish in 4hrs 24mins, so a little quicker than my target. Very happy with that, especially as I was still feeling good at the end and nowhere near as exhausted as I was after Paris. Whether I could have turned around and done exactly the same again is another story. It's definitely given me a bit more confidence.

Well, back to making lunch, ironing shirts and getting ready to deal with increased stress levels now..............early start for work tomorrow! 

07/05/2013 at 10:11

Been away and no internet access so sorry for not contributing!

Tigger - good to see your mum is on the mend. It is such a stressful time when parents are going through this kind of thing. Thank god for running!!!

Malcs/Sarah/Clive/Ady - I have indeed been taking things quite easy. I decided I didn't need to do 13 on Sunday considering that I'd run 17 at 7:43mm on Tuesday!!!! So just a couple of turbo trainier bike rides over the weekend and a tempo 6 miler yesterday. Chose the hiottest part of the day to do it and ran a very hilly route so a good last effort at 7:16mm average.

Legs felt the best they have felt all year so maybe the taper is working.

I wish I was in your collective shoes - all done and dusted. Trying not to think too much about the weather because I can't control that but it is looking like it may be pretty warm.

Just want it to be Sunday now!

07/05/2013 at 10:14

It's not that I'm obsessed or anything, but.........................just looked at the weather forecast .............again...........and now looking much more favourable.

Obviously it will change 10 times between now and Sunday but I'd take 11-12 degrees and a bit overcast!

07/05/2013 at 12:39

Hi All, as Malcs says as I work for a Bank I have been doing nothing! Well apart from Family time, 18 mile bike ride, short runs and bloody shopping!!!!

DS2 - Weather will be fine, you watch. The SLaMM is on September 7th Saturday. Is a good run, with a few hills chucked in for good.

Ady - Good running sir, but most worrying is the last sentence about something to do with an Iron. What is it and does it improve your running?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.