the 

18/05/2013 at 13:39

computer

18/05/2013 at 13:39

now?

18/05/2013 at 17:27

Very amusing Malcs!

18/05/2013 at 18:06

lol Malcs!! I can manage a few lines before it whites out!!!!

18/05/2013 at 18:10

Brilliant parkrun this morning, my daughters first and she took over a min off her PB. I was so pleased! I felt a great sense of achievement. I think my strength is definitely in the motivational speeches I deliver.

19/05/2013 at 16:58

Continuing with my support role, I watched/supported a friend in her first triathlon this morning. Malcs- I've renamed that hill Jens hill, I ran up it with her today!

Just a steady 10miles for me this afternoon. Needed my sunglasses, and my legs got their first airing ,

Hope you've all had a good weekend.

Tigger, hope your daughter is doing ok xxx

19/05/2013 at 19:39

Jen - I have decided you should be thread coach

Well done to daughter Jen!

My eldest daughters 17th birthday today. First driving lesson. I feel old!

did a steady progressive hilly 6 miler this morning. Hilly course. Felt amazingly good considering marathon only a week ago. Average 7:21mm with last mile in 6:55. Going to concentrate on shorter faster stuff for a few weeks.

Edited: 19/05/2013 at 19:40
20/05/2013 at 16:30

Hey!!

Well done Jen on the 6 lines of typing! I'm with DS2 on the coach! If you can plan training schedules and paces, I'll be your first guinea pig anytime!

You wont be surprised to hear that actually not running isn't a biggie at the minute! So one of the boys slide tackled her after she said she was NOT playing bring down bulldog! and the result a banana break in her forearm, OMG I have never seen anything that nasty with the bones still in the skin! the good news is that they managed to manipulate the bones once she had been put to sleep. We had to stop in over night and in the middle of the night the pain got too much and she was starting to lose the feeling in her fingers, the decision was taken to cut through the cast all the way and yes it helped a bit but the painkillers they gave her left her wired! 1 in the morning we are playing eye spy listening to the next door bed snoring!! Friday morning we were sent home! YAY!!

Saturday afternoon back in hospital BOO! lost all feeling and her fingers had swollen to about 4 times the size of normal! this time the bandage inside the cast was cut open and this worked!!  We were sent away with the consultant patting me on the head, as if it had been left any longer the nerves could have been damaged!

Monday morning back in hospital! this time for more x rays! the first set showed that the bones had slipped and may need it operating on, so after her arm was put into a new cast (BIG OUCH) and more X rays are taken we have avoided surgery for now!! Just need to keep everything fixed for next week when she has more x rays!

and just to top it all off the brakes and hand brake died in my car on the way home...Very Scary!!

so yeah not really got much time for training at the minute!

20/05/2013 at 16:57

Bloody hell, Tigger!

Not sure what to say other than I hope she recovers quickly! take care!

20/05/2013 at 21:21

Tigger sounds like your having a nightmare of a week. Hope your daughters ok and doesnt need any surgery. That must have been so scary with your car...what happended and how fast were you going at the time when your brakes failed?

Jen my socks are just a boring shade of black.....might be adventerous and get some coloured ones though. Ive neve run in them yet, I just wear them after a long or difficult run.

Reg hope your bike ride went well this weekend. Cant wait to hear all about it.

Malcs did you manage to get a long run in this weekend?

DS2 Happy birthday to your daughter and good luck with the driving lessons. My dad refused to take me . Sounds like your legs have made a full recovery from your marathon last week

20/05/2013 at 21:24

Had a fantastic weekend in wales, im so impressed with the place. It has such gorgeous scenery and the weather was perfect.

I managed a 14.5 mile LSR on friday before we left, then walked up snowdon on saturday. Yesterday I just ran 5.5 miles on the beach (which I think is my most favourite training run this year...or maybe even since I started running 2.5 years ago).

Snowdon was amazing, although there was far more climbing than I thought there would be, and the low clouds meant we didnt really see much after half way.

Drove back today and had a rest day from running/walking!

20/05/2013 at 21:45

thread coach, hmmm DS not sure I have enough knowledge n experience for that!  lol, see myself more as a cheerleader

Glad you loved Wales Sarah, so do I!!!

Hugs to you tigger n to your daughter

20/05/2013 at 22:06

thankyou ever so much for sponsoring me jen, II really appreciate it and im so grateful.

My knee didnt feel to bad after snowdon yesterday, nothing like after scafell, although I am tempted to take walking sticks with me at the end of June, just incase.

i think you would make a fantastic cheerleader 

Edited: 20/05/2013 at 22:06
21/05/2013 at 13:04

Oh my goodness Tigger!! You mentioned a bit about it but that sounds so scary!! Hope she gets better soon.

Hi Jen! I think all compression socks should be in pink ... although I DO have a pair in black from Asics that leave a reverse Asics print on my leg. Shows they're compressing things, I guess I reckon you need some pompoms.

Malcs - hooray!! So I dont actually have to tell you about any of my training at all, ever? The freedom! Although ... I have got a new schedule that I'm following I AM resisting the urge!!

Afternoon DS2! Gosh 2:44? That's amazingly quick! I think all PBs are re-set once you become a vet though So DEF a new PB!! I'm doing New Forest marathon in September. Thik it's a bit hilly so maybe not a PB course!!

Afternoon Reg! *waves*

21/05/2013 at 13:05

' Bootcampers - we are the best,

we've had more fun than all the rest,

we've nailed our races

held our paces

moving on to the next great test'

21/05/2013 at 13:09

RRR - pink pompoms of course!

21/05/2013 at 13:17

Hooray!! Do we have to do a cheerleader pyramid?

21/05/2013 at 17:59

Brilliant Jen!

RRR - I agree about re-setting as a vet. It took me a while to realise it was unrealistic to think I could still run that fast but there now and thoroughly enjoying getting faster again!

What are your goals now?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.