ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

3,021 to 3,040 of 4,103 messages
16/07/2013 at 07:24

Cyba-lite egg £19. 85 lumens.... And ethe website they post is ringautomotive.co.uk

so i guess its good for looking at car engines....

16/07/2013 at 23:27

Thankyou Angela and Malcs your complete stars ( will let you off Malcs with the comment above)...will order one tomorrow as ive run out of time again tonight.

enjoyable speed session tonight, so satisfying 

17/07/2013 at 08:20

Morning everyone!

sarah- I got one from Alpkit, the Gamma. £15, and really highly recommended by the forumites on here (the nutters who do ultras). Post it out same day too.

looking forward to tr24 now, especially as finished work in Doncaster!!! Last day yesterday, off to Chatsworth House in Peak District with kids and friends from. Sydney  before a week in Aberdeen at my parents. 

17/07/2013 at 22:36

Thankyou Clive. So glad that you have finished at Doncaster. Sounds like you have a nice few weeks coming up to celebrate to. Hope you have a fantastic time in the peaks and a wonderful week in Aberdeen. See you at TR

17/07/2013 at 23:47

Clive - weh hey! Finally finished! 

The Alpkit sounds like very good value. It's not as bright as some others but it's a fraction of the price. If I pass you at TR24 I'll make sure to dip my beam so I don't blind you 

(...pass you at TR24 - who am I kidding?)

Have a great week. See you at Catton Park 

19/07/2013 at 11:34

Hi all,

been following but still ridiculously busy at work and no running so not much to say. However, knee is now much better and expect to resume training on my return from holiday in a weeks time.

Just dropped in to wish all the TR24ers a fantastic weekend.

Will enjoy reading the updates!

19/07/2013 at 12:33

Great to hear the knee is on the mend DS2.

You can come back fresh fromholiday ready to start the build towards Abingdon. Have a great time!

Things had been going well for me but now my freakin' calf is playing up. Got pain down around the ankle. Reckon it's the peroneals again. Physio Monday. Hopefully all will be ok for a week tomorrow but I guess I will just have to wait and see.

19/07/2013 at 18:03

DS- good to hear from you- glad things improving. You'll be fresh and raring to go for Abingdon after your hols. Where you off too?

managed to get the weekend long run in early as out for dinner tonight and my brother coming up tomorrow so early starts likely off the menu! 15 miler from my folks house, interspersed with an enforced 10 min rest in the middle to help a fellow runner find her dog in the woods ????best bit was running where I used to when I was at school...

19/07/2013 at 22:21

After looking at the prices of the head torches I decided to go with the one that Clive recommended as ive been spending loads at the moment on the house....it looks like a good one so im sure I will be ok!

Thankyou DS2. glad to hear that the knee is better. You will be missed next weekend. Hope you have a fantastic holiday.

Noooo Malcs hope its nothing serious and it will settle with a few days rest.

Sounds like you had an enjoyable long run today Clive I always enjoy running back at my parents where I grew up. Hope you have a fab weekend and holiday.

Half marathon in the morning....going to try and do it at MP but even that sounds tough in the current heat!

21/07/2013 at 09:54

Helloooooo, any body about?

just looking at my marathon schedule....should I do my 22 miles 3 weeks or 4 weeks out? If I do it 4 weeks out then I would aim to do a 20 three weeks out instead?

21/07/2013 at 11:35

Sarah- don't know what is best- my schedule is 20 five weeks out, GNR four weeks out and 20/21 3 weeks out. The long run week after is 15, with last 8 at MP. Think I'd do longest 3 weeks out??? You're quicker than me and got much better base too so likely able to tolerate that mileage anyway 

hiw did half go? Was it a race?

22/07/2013 at 19:29

Sarah - reckon you made the right choice with the torch. Shame they didn't have one as the prize for your race, now that would have been spooky!

I'm planning the 21-22 miler for 4 weeks out and then a 20 3 weeks out. No idea what the best plan is though. Maybe DS2 or Minni would be able to advise.

Clive - nice 15 miler! I didn't think you could lose a dog that easily - was she just too quick for the poor hound? 

We once lost the kids in the woods. They went off piste, so to speak, while we took the path. After walking and chatting for a while we suddenly realised that they weren't in the trees alongside us. It was winter at the time and starting to get dark so after a bit of shouting with no luck panic began to set in.

We found them eventually. They had reached one edge of the wood and sensibly decided to stay put until we found them. They must have been listening when we gave them those lectures about what to do if you get lost!

My ankle is not good. Had some physio today and she reckons it's overuse. Great. She has told me to keep running though but take it gently and no big mileage. Got another session on Thursday and then we'll just have to see how much I can handle at the weekend. I know I'm good for at least two laps but after that I have no idea.

Edited: 22/07/2013 at 19:30
24/07/2013 at 05:59

hi everyone! I'm still in Cyprus n having a fab time.

just wanted to wish all TR24 teams goodluck . I'll be making the cheer app available soon!

catch up properly next week xx

24/07/2013 at 11:07

Hey Jen'ster - great to hear the holiday is going well. Thanks for the good luck wishes. I just hope we don't get washed away in a thunderstorm!

I'm sure that there will be more than a few sightings of the spirit of Jen in the woods at the weekend. Tales of how a heroic supporter in a pink jacket helped a struggling TR24'er to the finish line but then mysteriously vanished - were they ever there at all? Cue eerie ghost music...

The forums seem to be having major issues lately. I can't get on Sarah's thread at the moment - keep getting the 'oops...' message.

24/07/2013 at 15:13

Afternoon!

Just thought I'd nip on and say hello ... and hopefully see a few of you at TR24 this weekend!! Am woefully undertrained so if you could wave as you all whizz past me it'll boost my spirits!

24/07/2013 at 20:45

Holy guacomole, if it isnt Mrs RunRun! 

You will definitely see me at TR24. I'll not be doing any whizzing past anyone but I will certainly wave. 

When are you planning to arrive? I'll be there Saturday afternoon. 

25/07/2013 at 11:29

Morning Malcs!

Hoping to get there Friday evening and pitch up with Tigger and the Bootcampers I'm not very organised though so it'll probably be a case of pitch the tent in the dark like every single camping holiday I've ever had.

I think you probably will be whizzing! You're aiming for 30+ miles this year aren't you? You'll have to get a wiggle on!

Have a fab holiday Jen! Wish I was back in Cyprus!!

25/07/2013 at 12:25

I was indeed aiming for that but it all depends on my ankle problems. Will have to take it one lap at a time. 

With 3 teams of us this year it'll be nice to have some familiar faces on the course to help each other along. 

Putting a tent up in the dark is never fun but it sounds like you're well practiced

We'll save a space for you. Do you have a small, medium or mansion sized tent? You've probably already told Tigger this. She's already been giving me a ribbing for panicking about floor space

25/07/2013 at 14:55

How's the ankle feeling now?

Yeah it'll be fab to have so many familiar faces on the course ... and a lot of Twitter buddies are doing it too - it'll be lovely!

Yep ... seem to have the Pitching-Tent-In-The-Dark thing sorted. It's a 3 man with a porch so not too bad. Do you park your cars next to the tents? I'm going to need to charge headtorches and Garmins so better if I can as will need to leave engine running ...

So ... got a TR24 strategy?

25/07/2013 at 16:10

Yes, they ask that you put tents behind the cars (so that the cars can get in and out presumably). You'll be popular running your engine in the middle of a load of tents

Ankle is so-so. To be honest, I really won't know until I start running. It's not a specific injury as such just one of those funny inflammation things with no apparent cause. I am the biggest moaner in the world when I have a problem. Don't be surprised if it ends up being nothing come Saturday

Getting quite excited now. Tigger just spotted that the camp site opens at 12 and not 3! Good job she's on the ball as it does fill up quickly so getting there early is very important. 

Strategy? Start slow and stay slow

Last year in all the excitement I caned it round my first lap and regretted it for the whole 24 hours. There are some steep ups and downs so I won't be ashamed to walk a bit too.

Anyway, you're the endurance expert - how far did you go in Endure 24? You should be the one handing out tips!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.