ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

3,801 to 3,820 of 4,090 messages
20/11/2013 at 20:42

Oh Clive, what a pity! You would have been great especially after how your category was treated last year! Next year?

did anyone else on here get an invite?

have run twice this week and feeling good but so terribly unfit.  Struggled through a hilly 3.7 miles in just under 30 mins. Oh well - small steps, I guess!

20/11/2013 at 21:09

Clive you're a top guy and a complete gentleman. I know you struggled with what to do and it was very honourable of you to make the decision you made.

Its a complete tragedy that you picked this injury up when you did. You were running so well and had an amazing Cologne.

Everyone is being very nice because a few of you already know that out of Clive's kind decision I was very lucky and more than a little shocked to be offered his place. 

Obviously I'm very excited but I'm also gutted for Clive who really deserved the place. I really hope you get a shot again next year Clive.

DS2  - don't worry you'll be back to race pace in no time!

20/11/2013 at 22:07

Don't know which thread to wish you luck in Malcs so I will do both

20/11/2013 at 22:31

Malcs, I just realised this means you won't be coming to Manchester to cheer me on!  

clive, re you gonna come and do that? Keep OH company? Prepare him for the craziness that is tr24...

21/11/2013 at 07:46

Angela - don't jump the gun kid, I'd have to get through two more rounds and that will be very tough. Anyway, I'll be cheering you on from wherever I am!

booktrunk - many thanks indeed. I do feel very lucky to be getting another chance, particularly when there are people like yourself who missed out. I really do hope you get the opportunity next year. 

Did you stay up to watch the cricket? I was spent so had to give it a miss. Looks like they made a decent start. Nice to see Broad giving it to them

21/11/2013 at 09:21

Yawn, yes

21/11/2013 at 10:03

Ha ha

21/11/2013 at 12:37

well no one can ever say this thread is not exciting! Current events would be soap worthy.

Clive, you are a true gentleman, and I totally respect you.

Malcs, Go do us proud!

21/11/2013 at 13:45

I'll be there Angela, my gob (northern word?) is big enough for both of us.

21/11/2013 at 13:59

i know what gob means.... because I read Roald Dahl! And I remember gobstoppers....

21/11/2013 at 14:05

Thanks Jen, yes, soap opera indeed! But is Reg buried under the patio? And will we  wake up and find it was all a dream?

I will certainly do my best for the gang and of course for Clive!

Mr P - I know 'gob' but then I did go to school in the North. It's only in the 2nd half of my existence that I became a soft Southern jessie

21/11/2013 at 23:09

Roald Dahl..The Twits... "Puckered up mouth like a dog's bottom"  

Where did you go to school Malcs?

Evening Jen, they would reject this on a soap as being too far fetched!

I'm not a cricket fan but you wouldn't mind being in Chris Broad's shoes would you, he must be feeling quite comfortable.

club night tonight, the least interesting ofour nights, 2.25 mile jog, then a 1.5 mile effort which I managed in good form at 7mm pace, then briskly back at 7:30 for a mile and a half. Big improvements coming from these nights, time well spent.

21/11/2013 at 23:23

Mr P - sounds like another great session. Nice one!

I went to school in Saltaire, near Shipley in Yorkshire. Speaking of soaps I used to live a mile away from where they originally filmed Emmerdale Farm (before they dropped the Farm bit). 

22/11/2013 at 11:02

booktrunk - I hope you didn't sacrifice another early night for that disaster in Brisbane. Only one thing I would say is that you always expect one complete mess up from England. Better at the start than at the end. Terrible.

No running for me today - got a freakin' cold. I hate colds.

Anyone racing at the weekend?

22/11/2013 at 12:29

MrP, 'gob' is a common word used in south wales also!

No races Malcs, but I'm doing 18miles tomorrow. My new long run fuel is christmas cake. Best thing about ultra running is that they stop to eat!  I'm planning a nice little break on the beach. lol.  Get better quick before BC.

22/11/2013 at 12:29

btw where is Reg???

22/11/2013 at 12:34

18 miles! Well done you Jen. Thinking about it gives me the shakes (or that could be the cold, I suspect not though).

Reg is alive and well and contactable via the twittersphere. Seems like nobody bumped him off...yet

Hope the run goes well and enjoy that cake! Quite fancy some myself now...feed a cold and all that!

22/11/2013 at 13:14

I have Christmas cake.... the bottom tier of my practise wedding cake... do you reckon I can start eating it now??? It is 12 inches across.... 

22/11/2013 at 14:23

Mmmm....cake....

Just going to check our cupboards on the outside chance there is something resembling fruit cake hidden in there.

22/11/2013 at 18:42
Cake! I've been stuck under a cake and biscuit mountain post Ofsted. Everyone has been bringing cake into work and I have no self control around food. Think I will just be bouncing round the parkrun course tomorrow.

Well done Malcs on getting through to Bootcamp. What a horrible decision you had to make Clive. Something good is bound to happen because of it though....

No bootcamp for me but I had enough fun last year, someone else will probably benefit more than me. Aiming for a sub 3 at London. Now if I could just put the cake down....
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.