ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

3,841 to 3,860 of 4,103 messages
26/11/2013 at 14:33

Jen - I'm in awe! How do the LSRs progress from now on and when do you go into uncharted territory?! 

Lost in the woods *again* eh? People will be starting to talk

Many thanks - it's looking good on the slime front. Did a nice brisk 3.5 miles at lunch and managed to clear the airways a bit. They will need to clear a bit more if I'm to survive Steve's 5K time trial!

26/11/2013 at 14:58

Thanks jenf! I'm really looking forward to friday

What marathon are you training for jenf? I assume you are training for one, but 19 miles on a saturday could just be your usual weekly little jog .

Malcs, Steve's 5k sounds real scary now...that might help curb my excitement level somewhat...

26/11/2013 at 16:18

Well done Mr P.  Fantastic racing.

26/11/2013 at 21:24

Thanks Minni, Jen .

Good luck on Friday everyone, I hope the cold goes Malcs, I have caught one after holding out for a long time, I expect my immune system is a bit low after Sunday. 

That's good mileage Jen.  That part of the coast has quite decent weather, it is far enough away from the proper mountains to not have typical mountain weather.

In coincidence news, there is a new VW ad on tv, and it is partly filmed in Llandudno of all places.

combination of recovery and cold means no session tonight, but I'll try to do something tomorrow night before thursday's club night.  

Next race is stockport ten, only done it once before, in 2008, so it will be interesting to see if I can beat my time then. it is the day after our work Christmas party so I might not even get there.

27/11/2013 at 08:42

Morning all. Nice little 'recovery' session on the weights last night. Back out for a 12miler this afternoon. I'm dabbling on the dark side Sticky, I want to do an ultra March next year, but I'm going to see how these old legs cope! I'm also in VLM.

Malcs uncharted territory isn't for a while yet, I've another 18 this Sat, followed by a 5 on the sunday, then a 14 + 10 ( a mini taper week) , then a few weeks of 20 +5, 22+ 5 and I've not really looked too hard at plan beyond that, but there are a lot of 26 numbers around!!

Don't panic about Steves 5k Sticky, they are far more interested in you being able to follow instructions than about speed. Listen, smile and do what you are told

27/11/2013 at 09:02

Jen - it all sounds very exciting! A friend of my brother-in-law runs ultras and he swears by the back-to-back runs for endurance building. Sounds like you're doing exactly that. 

Mr P - sorry to hear about the cold. There are loads of bugs going around at the moment. At least it isn't one of those vomiting ones. My cold is sorted now, I just need to clear the passage ways so I can breathe properly. I only really felt crap for 2 days - those are the kind of colds I like (in and out with minimal fuss). Hope yours is the same.

Sticky - echo what Jen said. There were a few in our group last year who completely destroyed us for speed. By us I mean myself, Sarah and Ady. I'm not saying the other guys didn't stick to the brief but it's not necessarily the fastest that make it through as only the 3 of us (plus Reg, who was slower again) got the nod.

Minni - always nice to see you!

27/11/2013 at 15:00

Thanks jenf and Malcs. I'll behave and do as I'm told this friday

Wow jenf, good luck with the ultra and VLM! I've been trying to go into VMLM for the past 3 years. I always wanted to do a marathon, and always assumed London would be my first... 3 marathons later, I'm still trying to get into London...

27/11/2013 at 20:24

Good luck on Friday everyone!

28/11/2013 at 08:34

Thank you DS2! We're on to counting the hours now...

28/11/2013 at 09:34

DS2 - good to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time, much appreciated!

Got any runs in this week? 

28/11/2013 at 17:54
Good luck for tomorrow everyone who is going. Hope you have your sound bites ready for the camera! Just make sure you enjoy every minute. Can't believe it's been a year since the last one.

I have a half marathon in Lancaster this weekend. I am going to use it as an indicator of how much work I need to do for London though I am trying to pretend I don't gave a cold at the moment. My usual cure of red wine, steam rooms and vigorous exercise seems to be working! Who on this thread is doing London. I think there are a few of you....
28/11/2013 at 18:02
Stan Trinket wrote (see)
Good luck for tomorrow everyone who is going. Hope you have your sound bites ready for the camera! Just make sure you enjoy every minute. Can't believe it's been a year since the last one.

Thank you Stan! And thanks for reminding me about the interview, I tried very hard to 'plan' what to say, but I can't seem to 'get going' with the planning!

28/11/2013 at 18:07

I've been thinking too Sticky but then you don't know for sure what question they'll ask. If I had to bet it would be something along the lines of why are you here and what you hope to get out of the day.

Stan - good luck with the half marathon! "red wine, steam rooms and vigorous exercise" ? Not all at once I presume?

DS2, Minni, Jen, Tigger, Angela and Mr P are all doing VLM I believe.

28/11/2013 at 18:13

Anyone that didn't get into this might have a go at the competition on RunLounge for coaching for and entry to Brighton Marathon and a week's warm weather training camp in the Algarve, entry open until next week - https://www.facebook.com/runlounge?v=app_194975693850063&rest=1

Edited: 28/11/2013 at 18:14
28/11/2013 at 20:12

I hope you're all out on the piss tonight and having a kebab on the way home?

28/11/2013 at 20:20

Feeling a bit nervous about tomorrow now, I think on one hand all will be fine then on the other, I don't really know what to expect and anything could happen 

Will give it my best. 

Looking forward yo having a cracking day though and meeting loads of like minded people. 

Tim

28/11/2013 at 20:20

Ha ha

I can do that 3 nights on the trot Mr P, tonight will have to be a rest night ready to start the cycle again on Saturday

Tom - thanks, looks very interesting!

28/11/2013 at 21:40

Enjoy every minute tomorrow. It's a great day and quite jealous 

Malcs - actually ran 2 days running for first time since May - and pain free to boot. Pretty happy. 

28/11/2013 at 21:49

Already posted on 2014 thread, but good luck to those going to BC- enjoy, and should be a great day.

Malcs- seems like you are almost the coordinator for everyone

Sorry for not being around much, busy t work, and sadly nothing new to report here....

Looks like everyone else doing well though- keep it up!!

28/11/2013 at 22:06

Clive - many thanks. I just wanted to pass on my insider knowledge - I feel I have a head start knowing what's to come.  

No need to apologise!

DS2 - cheers! Really great to hear you'e pain free. And two runs on the bounce is a great sign too!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.