ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

21 to 40 of 4,093 messages
mcs
07/11/2012 at 20:12

Sub four please ASICS I need your help.

07/11/2012 at 20:14
mcs - you'd get my vote. I think you'd be an excellent choice.
07/11/2012 at 23:30

Agree with you Minni, you'd be a good choice mcs!

I want to enter again!! (but obviously can't!), brings back many good memories. I loved the structure to it and the coaching/advice online - what a godsend that was.

08/11/2012 at 00:21

I've just entered too. Fingers crossed!

08/11/2012 at 13:50

Just to let you all know in advance, my votes can be bought:

http://justgivingtotenjiso.com

08/11/2012 at 15:02

Wow, this looks like a great opportunity for anyone lucky enough to get selected. I've just stuck in an entry as this really is the chance of a lifetime.

08/11/2012 at 19:22
Well I've entered, never done a road marathon before, having mostly concentrated on fell running for the past year or two. Would love the chance to have a crack at sub 3 with a bit of guidance.

See what happens though...
08/11/2012 at 20:53

I'm rooting for the "older" runner too!! Well, I'm 42! I've got 5 kids and managed to train for and run my first marathon in 4 hours 4 mins a month ago...but was gutted to miss sub 4. Here's hoping my application is looked on favourably!!

08/11/2012 at 22:30

I quite agree knight rider that the over 50's runners should get a chance. There's lots of us out there and we're all competing and enjoying our running. I'm completely addicted. Have finally sent in my entry after much agonising - it was like applying for my first job! Fingers crossed that I get to the bootcamp stage as I love bootcamps as well. Good luck everyone. I'll be following all of you whatever happens.

08/11/2012 at 22:54
With the entries ending tomorrow, how long are they expected to deliberate on who gets put forward to boot camp? I say that everyone on this thread should be a shoe in!
08/11/2012 at 23:59

BeckyS, most of the runners at my Club are vets and good. You only have to look at race results to see loads of Vets at the top or even winning. Sorry to dissappoint but Gary Balrow or Loius Walsh won't be at Bootcamp!

Yorkshire Rob, that fell running should put you in a good position for marathon running.

09/11/2012 at 00:16

The challenge of the marathon is getting to the start line.  For this competition, as fanatastic as it may be it's about catching the application window when it's not buggered!  It also closes when it suits itself despite the deadline?  Well done guys!!!

09/11/2012 at 10:32
I'm not sure Knight Rider. Endurance I have plenty of, but even 20odd mile fell races are very different to roads. With the constant change of pace and stopping to climb stiles/visit checkpoints etc. the intensity isn't the same. Fingers crossed though and we'll see what happens
09/11/2012 at 12:51

I entered today in the hope of achieving a London GFA (sub 3:10), so here's waiting....but doesn't seem so bad - I read the T&C afterwards which says they'll notify people by next Friday 16th Nov.

I also found in the small print they say we must own a Smartphone (iPhone or Android 2.2 and above). Surely that's not a factor in choosing people for the longlist? I answered 'Other' (Nokia Symbian phone) but could easily get hold of a handset to run the My ASCIS tool. Any info on this Knight Rider?

09/11/2012 at 13:10

I put my entry in last week. Fingers crossed!

09/11/2012 at 13:21

Yorkshire Rob, definitely a difference between fell running & marathons, but you should have good strength in your legs. Yes fingers crossed for everyone, applications closed today i think at midday?

michdrdm - I wouldn't be put off by the smartphone situation. I guess there are ways around it and like you say getting a handset to run it shpould be quick easy. I was tempted the other week to get a smartphone as Carphone warehouse have a good deal on a montlhy smartphone for £7.50 a month!

09/11/2012 at 14:14

My application is made, my fingers are crossed and my trainers primed (If the definition of primed is 'sitting ready and waiting by the front door' - whether they were placed there or walked there themselves is debatable - Reminder - MUST BUY NEW SHOES.)...I definitely won't be the only one to say that they don't just want this opportunity they NEED it.  Good Luck to all that entered and whoever makes it i'm sure the whole forum world will be behind them all the way (In a non stalkery way....unless you like that sort of thing).

09/11/2012 at 18:07

Oh dear I didn't read the bit about a smartphone either. Surely a smartphone doesn't make you run better maybe smarter though!

09/11/2012 at 22:01
Surely that wouldn't make a difference at this stage? I didn't even think about that being a problem!
09/11/2012 at 22:42

I reckon I'll lose a few unnecesary pounds this week waiting on the inital results for the bootcamp at the end of November. Hope I get there but if not I hope I've lost a few lbs! How's that for positive thinking? Good luck all you entrants!

21 to 40 of 4,093 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.