ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

381 to 400 of 4,103 messages
28/11/2012 at 07:45

jenf - I presume you're on an iphone, for some reason apple doesn't like the £ (pound) sign on it's mobile devices, not sure about ipad. You must be getting excited now?

28/11/2012 at 09:24

Only 2 days to go peeps!!!

28/11/2012 at 11:02

Malcs, I am from the States, so it's not so far when you are there.   Did I read that you are taking the train up as well?  I get in to New Street at 9:17, I'll be cutting it close to get to there by 9:30, but it was either that or an even earlier departure and arrival.  

Seren, you are full of great advice, so helpful!

DS2, jenf, Runny, Adrian, jonathan and others - can't wait to meet you!

28/11/2012 at 11:10

I ran 15km this morning to make sure my legs still work ahead of Friday (and to break in a new pair of trainers). Thankfully they just about did!

Gremlin, your running history sounds very familiar. I remember entering my first 10km and standing at the start line feeling like I was an imposter, but an hour later I was hooked!

Hope everyone stays fit and healthy for the next couple of days 

28/11/2012 at 11:12

I'm really sorry to have to say I have been forced to withdraw.  .

My job involves flood warning and defence, and due to the ongoing flooding incident in North Wales. I cannot have the time off work. I am devastated, but have let RW know and I'm hoping they can find a reserve. This is the first time in 12 years anything like this has happened and I can't believe the timing.

I'll be keeping track on here and definitely voting. All the best to everyone, and I hope to meet you soon. Maybe at next years bootcamp?

Malcs - I noticed that the Llanelli 1/2 now starts from Parc Y Scarlets, I'd like to run it wearing my Ospreys shirt, but unfortunately can't run quick enough!

28/11/2012 at 11:17

No jonathan! I really feel for you, that is the worst luck. Maybe they can keep your place for next year?  

28/11/2012 at 11:18

jonathon  - that's a nightmare.  Let's hope you get your chance next year.

28/11/2012 at 11:18

Gremlin - yes indeedy, I'm risking the good old British rail system too. However, I'm booked on the 7:03 from Euston which gets in at 8:27. At least that's the plan. Somebody told me today that there were rumours of snow! 

9:30? Thought it was 10:00 - that's just sent my adrenaline into overdrive!  

Can't tell you how many times I read the info and still managed to miss the 9:30 start bit. Just relieved that I booked an early train! Breath in...and out...in...

28/11/2012 at 11:21

Steve, that's exactly how I felt - an impostor!

jonthan, I hope you get a go at it next year, what a bummer.

Malcs, I hope it doesn't snow!  I imagine I'd certainly miss it then.  Now I'm wishing I booked the earlier train..

28/11/2012 at 11:30

Really gutted for you, Jonathan, and I hope you give it another go next year. Sounds like you do very valuable work.

I'm now torn between driving over very late tomorrow night or very, very early on Friday morning. Snow might push me towards the former!

28/11/2012 at 11:35

I can't see it snowing in the capital. There's a chance of a flurry on Saturday, just a question of whether that moves forward to Friday. I think the midlands should be fine. 

I think we'll be fine but if there is disruption then no earlier train will save any of us.

28/11/2012 at 11:35
jonathan scott 12 wrote (see)

Malcs - I noticed that the Llanelli 1/2 now starts from Parc Y Scarlets, I'd like to run it wearing my Ospreys shirt, but unfortunately can't run quick enough!

28/11/2012 at 11:37

Oh no Jonathan - that must be so disappointing. Hopefully you'll get a chance next year - you've obviously got something that they're looking for!

Ha Gremlin - yes! Will be good to put faces to everyone's user names! (Although you can all see what I look like from my profile pic, but I'm not planning on wearing a medal on Friday

Malcs - I think the timing was 9.30 for 10am. There's a cafe there so I'm planning on getting there as early as possible and camping out int he cafe with coffee and cookies! If anyone is there early - please come and say hi if you see me - I'll be the nervous looking one with a pink top on!

28/11/2012 at 11:42

RRR - I'm staying up there the night before and hate being late anywhere so will be in that nice warm cafe early doors as well. I shall look out for you! I shan't be wearing a carnation!!!

28/11/2012 at 11:45

Coffee & cookies? If jenf turns up with her granola bars I may not leave the cafe!

Steve - it's a tough one. Please don't make your decision based on my paper thin weather forecast though, I hope I'm not starting a panic!

I wrestled with the same options - drive Thurday or drive Friday and ended up with neither  

To be honest, if it wasn't for cost I would have driven up Thursday and booked somewhere overnight like DS2. I only ruled out driving Friday because I couldn't bear the thought of a Friday night rush hour trip home.

28/11/2012 at 11:59

I probably won't make it early enough to meet you all beforehand, but I will look for you when I do arrive!  (no idea what I'm wearing yet)

Fingers crossed for decent weather!

28/11/2012 at 13:15

I think there were name badges (sticky ones) last time so we'll have to put our real - and usernames on! No carnations or secret handshakes required!

Definitely fingers crossed for decent weather! We've got snow forecast for Monday here so I hope it doesn't appear sooner!

seren nos    pirate
28/11/2012 at 14:11

Jonathon.really sorry to hear about your bad luck.hopefully they will be able to reconsider you for next year as the flooding in north wales is definitely a one off.............not the regular flooding that some places seem to get.

the sun has been out here so hopefully will be similar for you all on Friday

getting closer...........these couple of days might see some pre marathon type nerves coming in.....you  might start to feel niggles in places you have never had niggles as you get paranoid of getting injured or ill before Friday 

28/11/2012 at 14:23

I hope so Seren ... everything always seems slightly easier when the sun is shining I

'm expecting the niggles to kick in any day now ... just like before the marathon! Every little sneeze or twinge might be the start of bubonic plague or LegFallOffitis.

28/11/2012 at 14:33

Seren, you're so right – I spent a good ten minutes weighing up whether to going to get a sandwich at lunch just in case I pulled something going down the stairs! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.