ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

4,081 to 4,093 of 4,093 messages
05/04/2014 at 21:46

I would really like to attempt an ultra but I'm having difficulty getting chris to let me do another marathon....dont think i stand a chance with an ultra...yet! Fancy hadrian's wall so maybe if you do it next year....gives me a year to work on him!

glad to hear that your legs feel great. 

09/04/2014 at 21:22

Eeek not long until Sunday and I've just got one little run left. Getting excited!!!

11/04/2014 at 08:11

runs all done! I'm as ready as I'll ever be for London! An ultra was probably not the best prep, but I'll get around....just not very fast!

Stan I think we are trying to meet up at Blackheath church between 8.15 and 8.45 if you want to join us. Will be great to put some faces to names!

Good luck anyone reading who is also doing London or any other marathon this weekend!

11/04/2014 at 23:16
Hi Jenf, yes I am going to try and make it along. I met you briefly in the cafe at the boot camp but sat too far back in the lecture theatre to enjoy your flapjacks!

Good luck to you on Sunday and everyone else doing London. It is going to be amazing!
12/04/2014 at 06:28

I've got some of my granola bar to share at the church! !

13/04/2014 at 23:06
And it was fab too! How did you get on? 3:09:45 for me. My second best time ever. Not what I wanted but it was hard work today....
15/04/2014 at 21:54

Granola was yummy as ever! 

15/04/2014 at 21:57

Stan,   it was SO great to meet up with you and the other 2013 bootcampers pre race. Well done on your time

LMVM is definitely an experience! My race didn't go quite to plan, but I had a fab day!. We started with shady ady who was pacing 4.15 for the blue start. We were 8 miles into the race and going well... but my running buddy started struggling and feeling unwell. At mile 10 we made the decision to drop the pace and reset the goal at finishing. It became a different race then for me, I was running at a really easy pace and enjoying, but at the same time worrying about my buddy.

I learnt a lot during that race.

1.Runners are strong gutsy people.

2.Runners care about and respect each other.

3.I am really proud to be a runner

4. I think my heart actually lies in the lonely ultra miles....

WE FINISHED...and we got the same medal as MO

I have promised myself a weeks no running this week, ha ha ha ... as if that will happen!!

16/04/2014 at 19:28

3 days no running... going well so far!!

16/04/2014 at 22:59

I might try a swim tomorrow and maybe a light run on Friday. Am tempted to do the parkrun this weekend. Last time I did a marathon I smashed all my pb's in the following two months. Curious to see how it goes this time. Planning on doing a very flat 10K early May so I'll see what happens there.....

Glad to hear you enjoyed Sunday Jenf. It was great to meet you and once again thanks for the granola! I agree with your sentiments about runners but think you missed off number five. All runners are slightly mad! 

Let me know how you get on with the no running, Bet you're climbing the walls by Friday! Have you planned your next ultra yet?

17/04/2014 at 13:30

Haha Stan... yes number 5 is definately true!!

My next target is the TR24 in July. I'm in a team, but hope to get quite a few laps in. I'm writing my training plan to try and build a bit of speed back into my legs, without losing endurance. I'm going to try training twice a day

I'm currently researching another Ultra!!!  But I am going mountain treking in Nepal for a month in November, I think that almost counts!!

18/04/2014 at 21:12

5 days..... might give in tomorrow  

20/04/2014 at 08:10

Such a perfect running morning yesterday. Clear blue sky and no wind...just asking for an easy 4 miles! 

Feeling good!! 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4,081 to 4,093 of 4,093 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.