ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

4,101 to 4,103 of 4,103 messages
11/05/2014 at 17:17
So how did the three peaks go? Saw a great muddy picture of RRR on twitter. You enjoy it?

After nearly changing gender during a mid week collision with a bollard I had to really think about whether I was up for today's half marathon. Glad I did as it was a lovely course (or what have been if the wind had made it so challenging). Managed 1:30:18 which is a bit off pace but I don't mind as I knew it was never going to be good time after Tuesday.

Jenf how is your preparation for TR24 going? Are you getting up in the middle of the night to run so that your body is used to running at stupid o'clock? No more race plans for me at the moment. Just parkruns and speed work I think....
11/05/2014 at 17:19
Blimey forgot to say well done on your half marathon PB Sarah well done. Now you've gone through that barrier it makes it easy to go faster. Took me years to do it and my PB is now 1:23.
20/06/2014 at 17:01

Hi Stan, so sorry for the late reply, life's been going quicker than ive been able to keep up, just seems like there's one thing after another, and the jobs just keep on piling up!

the three peaks was fun until the final peak, then it became quite wet, cold and unpleasant and I just wanted it to end. It was a cold and wet day anyway and all the paths had flooded but at first it was quite good fun. By the time we reached the final peak however it was hail stoning and there was such a strong wind. There were waterfalls forming on the path we had to take up ingleborough. when we finally made it to the top I wasnt sure how I was going to get back down as my legs were so sore, but once we started running again I got into it. 

The satisfaction at the bottom was fantastic and im so glad ive done it. Was great to see RRR aswell. We walked round the waterfall walk the day after, thinking we had gotten away with any fatigue however the following day I felt like I had been hit by a bus. I hurt in places I didnt know existed, my whole body ached! 

Which half marathon did you do? 1:30:18 is fantastic. 

How are the park runs going? Jen has been out with her head torch On, practicing for tr!

i would love a 1:23 PB thats an amazing time. I'm still trying to get quicker than my parents...a 1:23 would be perfect 

Edited: 20/06/2014 at 17:02

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4,101 to 4,103 of 4,103 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.