ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

401 to 420 of 4,092 messages
28/11/2012 at 15:20

Malcs I get in at that time too!! and Heading for the cafe!!  I'm the blonde bobbed, grey jogging bottoms Bright Green hoody under black Northface coat with a Turkey Trot Green ruck sac on my back!! ....... oh I look too eager don't I!!

Oh Jonathan that's totally rubbish!! Hopefully RW will reconsider next year!!

When I ran my first marathon we were all stopping in a Hotel in Edinburgh, I shared with two of my friends and had the worst dream ever! when I did finally manage to get to sleep I dreamt that I woke in the morning to find I was back in my own bed in Derby, and I had ten minutes to get to the start line.  So I was filling my water bottle's, putting trainers on all the things I knew I had to do in the morning, whilst calling a taxi as I knew I could never run the 2 miles in ten minutes! that was when I woke up in a confused state! I was shattered!

28/11/2012 at 16:43

I'll look out for you. No idea what I'll be wearing yet but the intended layer count seems to be increasing as the week progresses!

I won't have anything on my head - and that includes hair! (all for aerodynamics of course)

28/11/2012 at 19:30
evening all. hope my phone behaves this eve. thank you Simon for comment re ?? sign. I don't feel such a numpty now!

Jonathan I'm so sorry you've had to withdraw

malcs, the granola bars are all packed ( strawberry n dark choc)

G&W I had a great dream night before my last marathon... I ran the whole race in a fab time. I was gutted when I woke up n realised I still had to run it!
28/11/2012 at 22:42

Hi everyone,  I am one of the lucky ones to have been invited to the Boot Camp this Friday and I wanted to just say thank you to everyone wishing us well

I am so looking forward to this amazing opportunity and look forward to meeting everyone on Friday

28/11/2012 at 23:30

Bad news for you Jonathan having to withdraw.

Hope the weather is kind to you guys on Friday the other year there was snow on the track which was interesting!

29/11/2012 at 00:32
RRR - Just to let you know, the cafe doesn't open til (8am I think). I got there last year really early to miss rush traffic and everything was closed. There were just some plastic chairs in the corridors. I wandered round for abit, read the notice boards in the corridors, and then when I got bored of that, went up and had a run round the track, but it was deserted when I got there about 7am.
Have a great time, and remember they don't expect you all to be Pb chasers, think of the categories.
29/11/2012 at 08:34

Simon62w - I'm expecting to get to the cafe about 8:30 so that should be ok. Thanks for the info.

Looking like a cold dry one - weather has changed considerably down here in the South East! Brrrrrr....

29/11/2012 at 10:56

Only a long day at work to get through followed by a late-night drive across to Birmingham. Now I'm excited!

If the temperature here is anything to go by, I think I'll be layering up in the morning - winter has definitely arrived!

29/11/2012 at 11:05

The day is dragging a bit! Doesn't help that I thought I'd take a rest day!

29/11/2012 at 11:09

I'm at work and just can't concentrate!!!

29/11/2012 at 11:23

Hi Jenf - I know what you mean. I have a 2 O'clock meeting and then I'm b*ggering off home. I've been at my desk since just after 7am and I don't think I've done anything that resembles work

29/11/2012 at 12:52

Good luck guys & gals.

29/11/2012 at 13:52

I'm in the same boat as everyone else, I'm just as nervous for tomorrow as I get for a race!  

29/11/2012 at 14:02

Good luck for tomorrow at 'boot camp', sad not to be shortlisted.  See you in Paris on the 7th April.  Keep the advice coming.  It will be my first marathon.

29/11/2012 at 14:25

Looks like the snow is holding out for another time - phewph!

Tomorrow's weather for Birmingham: 2 degrees in the morning & cloudy - afternoon 4 degrees and sunny. Fingers crossed for an afternoon track session then! 

Thanks to everyone for the good luck wishes. From reading the above it looks like we're all struggling to concentrate on anything this afternoon! 

Edited: 29/11/2012 at 14:25
29/11/2012 at 15:31

Malcs - I'm off home any minute soon. Been pointless being here really! Might as well have driven up this afternoon. That would have pleased Mrs DS2!

29/11/2012 at 15:32

Malcs - forgot to say, may as well just take vest and shorts then!

29/11/2012 at 15:54

Ha

Are you going up late tonight then? Good luck with the drive. I guess the later you leave it the better from a traffic point of view - and that'll at least keep you in the good books with Mrs DS2!

29/11/2012 at 15:55

Glad the weather is going to be ok tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone and putting names to the faces. I agree with everyone else about the pre-race nerves! Probably more nervous than most races I've done and we've still got just under a day to go! Luckily I have a parents evening tonight to take me mind off everything.

We just need to turn up with running stuff and a smile tomorrow, right?

Safe journey to all those making their way to Brum. See you at 9.30 if not before!

29/11/2012 at 16:10

Hi Stan - enjoy parents evening.

Safe journey's everyone! See you tomorrow!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.