ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

441 to 460 of 4,103 messages
30/11/2012 at 20:30

Echo that Sarah - just got home and I'm still buzzing! 

I wanted to post here before I conk out

Fantastic to meet you all today, particularly all those who have been posting here.

Sorry about the abrupt end at the station - we all seemed to get split up. Hope you all made it back safely.

Tigger - did you even manage to get on that train?

jenf - you really need to take those granola bars to market

RRR - some less flourescent socks next time please, my eyes are still hurting!

Annabel, Adrian and Mrs Adrian - thanks so much for the company on the way home. My last train was a bit of a struggle without you - by some miracle I woke up in just in time at Orps thus saving me from an embarrassing trip back from the South Coast

30/11/2012 at 20:44
Really amazing day! Very well organised and thoroughly enjoyable. Now to loosen up my stiff joints after the 2.5hr drive home!!!

Thank heavens for white wine

Nikki
30/11/2012 at 22:22

I agree with all said so far........an excellent day and thoroughly enjoyed....so much learnt and so much I realised I've been doing wrong. Can't wait to put the advice into practice.......starting tomorrow (not too early though ).

Still kicking myself about the 5km time trial and not going faster.........but I suppose to be only a few seconds away from my old pb and not having done any speed training this year, I shouldn't really complain....I now have an idea how much better I could possibly be.

Annabel & Malcs.....thanks for the company on the train back down to London too.....I think my wife was extremely happy that I could have someone else to talk constantly about running with and save her from feeling the force of it. Hopefully catch up with some of you again if any are taking part in races around London next year.

A.W
30/11/2012 at 22:30

Good to have met a few of you today.

I just wanted to echo everything thats already been said. Its been a really enjoyable and interesting day.

Thanks to everyone involved.

A.W
30/11/2012 at 22:51

Hey guys, 

I hope everyone enjoyed the  day and it was great to meet some of you! Had a bit of a nightmare getting back however...maybe my marathon pace might have got me home quicker!

It was fatntastic to get some nuggets of information from Steve, Sam and especially Sarah with regards to recovery and stretching, two aspects which are equally as important as running itself...but ones  which I always  tend to ignore!

So I guess everyone is going to be refreshing their computers and staying by their phones most of Monday and Tuesday?

01/12/2012 at 00:00
Traffic was pretty horrendous on the way home despite going for a coffee for an hour with some of the people I met today. The drive home gave me the opportunity to reflect on how awful I was on the one question interview. I was worse than a 5 year old, couldn't even string a sentence together let alone remember anyone's names (which I had know three seconds earlier and 2 mins later) - think the nerves got the better of me!
01/12/2012 at 00:38
Just wanted to say thanks for a great day to everyone involved, what an experience. Pity I had to go straight to work afterwards! Just got back home and am officially knakered. Here's hoping my little one will let me sleep in tomorrow! Good Luck to everyone for the final cut...
01/12/2012 at 00:51
Hiya!! A late post ... Just got in now!

Fantastic to meet everyone ... And put a face to some of the usernames! You were all so nice!! Really enjoyed today - got some great information and thankfully didn't disgrace myself at the track (by tripping over or going the wrong way or anything). Will have to start a thread for the bootcampers 2012 so we can stay in touch!

I'm looking forward to seeing who makes it through ... But in the meantime good luck everyone!!

P.s. no Jaffa cakes today!!
01/12/2012 at 00:56
Oi Malcs! Be nice about the socks! Or you'll get a pair for Christmas!!
01/12/2012 at 10:51
It was great meeting some of you yesterday (I don't think I met everyone)! I learned a lot, had to write it all down before I forgot everything. I can't wait to learn even more from those who make it through, good job everyone!
01/12/2012 at 10:51
Good morning all!! I am still buzzing and bouncing yesterday was totally brilliant! It was really great to put names, faces oh and forum names together!! The whole experience was amazing, I personally got a lot out of yesterday!

And yes malcs I did get on the train!! Shaun and I chatted all the way back!! Had to run straight out of the door for Christmas fayre, I dont think anyone noticed I was still in running kit :-/
01/12/2012 at 10:58

Hi everyone, a very big thank you for everyone from the organisers, coaches, photographers and all the runners I met.

Made it back to a misty Cornwall before midnight and have just come back from a steady mile in the light!! with my new training partner Ranger! (our 10 month old black lab)

I found the whole day encouraging and inspiring, it has re-energised my running and I am committed to get a qualifying time via good for age for the London 2014, I am just keeping everything crossed to get through to the next stage and a step closer to doing it in style at the Paris Marathon!!!

Of course now having met a lot of the competitors, everyone deserves the opportunity that the Asics Target 26.2 brings?

RunnyRunRun Great idea, a Bootcampers 2012 thread would be great to keep in touch

DS2 hope your journey was okay good luck in getting to your 3.15 target time

Again a big thank you for a great day

01/12/2012 at 10:58
RunnyRunRun wrote (see)
Oi Malcs! Be nice about the socks! Or you'll get a pair for Christmas!!

01/12/2012 at 11:12

A fantastic day and a great experience. I am sure all that attended agree !

Really enjoyed meeting a great bunch of people. Was good to chat about everyone's  goals and achievements and life in general. 

Was great to meet the highly respected Coaches and Asics team. I have taken away some useful tips and information from the day which i know will come in handy.

I will certainly get some track time during my training as this was the first time in using one. Can see why a track is highly recommended. 

Hope all arrived home safely. .

Good luck to everyone in getting through to the next stage !

01/12/2012 at 11:13
I loved the socks, there now on my Christmas list after some fabulous reviews I heard about them yesterday.
01/12/2012 at 11:57

To anyone who has a movecount account, or just wants to be abit nosey!

Follow my Moves at; 

http://www.movescount.com/members/dkashi1

Or follow me on twitter!

https://twitter.com/D_Kashi1

Edited: 01/12/2012 at 11:59
01/12/2012 at 12:01
sarah osborne 4 wrote (see)
The drive home gave me the opportunity to reflect on how awful I was on the one question interview. I was worse than a 5 year old, couldn't even string a sentence together

Sarah, I was exactly the same. I could see Katie slowly losing the will to live as I stuttered out a stream of mindless drivel.

Tigger - good to know you got on the train, it was a bit of a scrummage. If it hadn't been for two guys in front of me making a last ditch surge I wouldn't have made it on. Now the big question, di you manage to get that beer?

Tony - is Ranger the one that you took for that monster out and back? Must be the only dog in the country that runs and hides when you shout walkies!

DS2 - where are you hiding?

01/12/2012 at 12:08

Hey Daniel - great talking with you yesterday. Sorry to hear about your journey back. Still slighly sick after hearing how fast you ran Snowdon!

01/12/2012 at 12:23

Well, I was feeling pretty fragile after Snowdon also! I forgot to ask the target team experts about the run on empty approach! 

01/12/2012 at 12:40

- you might still get you chance!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.