ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

621 to 640 of 4,092 messages
03/12/2012 at 19:04
Well done to Sarah, JenF, Malcs and Ady! Have just got home to check emails and found out I'm through as well. Commiserations to all those that didn't get through, and certainly don't feel more deserving than anyone else who was there on Friday. As I said earlier, meeting you guys was one of the most inspiring bits if the day
03/12/2012 at 19:18

Hi all,

Sorry, I was out taking my daughter dancing and my bloody phone ran out of battery! Anyhow, I too made it through so absolutely delighted and for Sarah, JenF, Malcs, Ady and Clive. Well done one and all.

Equally, it was a bit of a dampener to hear about those not getting through.

Apologies for anyone I've missed out.

03/12/2012 at 19:26
it was a no for me too!

although I am a bit disappointed Friday was such a great day, got so much great advice and met some lovely people so I don't feel too bad.

Jen would love your recipe too as they were gorgeous.

a big well done to everyone that got through!!
03/12/2012 at 19:30
DS2 - I am so pleased for you. Well done!!!
03/12/2012 at 19:31
Hello to everyone, pleased to say I'm through, really really happy, I thought the Bootcamp was a prize in itself. I'm over the moon, well done done to everyone else! And a sorry to everyone who didn't get through!!!
03/12/2012 at 19:38

Hi Miini - thanks very much. I will do my best to get back to the Sub 3:15 thread tomorrow but I have a busy day. Unfortunately, it is my uncle's funeral in the afternoon and I need to take care of my Dad who is, naturally, going to be upset and not in great health himself so I may not make it on there sadly until Wednesday. I, also, have to write my election speech!!!

I'm very happy if you want to share the good news on there on my behalf though!

paulsamcymru - well done on getting through! Bad luck Lisa.

03/12/2012 at 20:02
DS2 - Well done and to the other successful bootcampers. Ps. Minni is chief cheerleader on the sub3:30 thread, sub 3:15 are the arch enemy lol.
03/12/2012 at 20:12

Hi all, I managed to get through to the final vote, not sure how. 

It was a cracking day Friday and took away so much. Met some great like minded people, Clive Kelty and paulsamcymru to name 2. 

As Clive said commiserations to those who didn't get through.

03/12/2012 at 20:20

Simon - thanks very much. Yes, I must be getting confused.  

Reginald - Well done. I think we're all wondering how we got through. I met some amazing people too and not sure how they chose us. It's very humbling!

03/12/2012 at 20:59

Looks that who ever it is that that makes the final 5 its going to be a cracking line up!!

seren nos    pirate
03/12/2012 at 21:04

well done to the successful ones.and bad luck to the others.

bno doubt we will have the catergories soon and the fun of voting will commence

remember what i said earlier on in the thread abiout there might well be some flak at so many new people getting picked.just don't let it get to you or take it personal........your every word will be analysed....just as it will be if you are one of the lucky final winners..and expect some tough qurestions so we get to know you a bit better....and most important don't set up lots of threads asking for votes.just do the one and then keep that active

good luck again/.......

03/12/2012 at 21:15

A little suprised to say that I too have made it through to the vote, really looking forward to the next week or so whilst the dream is still kept alive! Congrats to all those through and I know it's been said before but sorry to those who didn't get the good news, everyone still has a big part to play. 

DS2, how's that election speech going? I've never put so much thought into 150 words!

03/12/2012 at 21:17
Website shows there are 22 left in. Good luck! Luckily I met a lot of them on Friday so will enjoy following whoever whatever the outcome
03/12/2012 at 21:22
Sills - well done. Not many words is it to get everything in? Mine's written but might re-write in the morning!!!
03/12/2012 at 21:28

Hi everyone, just come in from taking my son swimming to find out it is a yes!!!

Very sorry for those who did not get through to the next stage, there is a lot more disappointment ahead but we all have our day at Bootcamp and as everyone is saying got to met lots of like minded runners

Malc - TR24 yes sounds like an idea

DS2 - very sorry you have such a day tomorrow and agree with you comment on being humbling to get to this stage

Well need to get details together ready for the vote

03/12/2012 at 21:31

Simon - yes I know DS2 from the sub 3:15 thread where he's a regular but of course my heart lies with the sub 3:30. 

03/12/2012 at 21:52

Just finished writing my election piece, like whats been said above, its so difficult to fit everything into approx 150 words. Ive read it out to both my parents to see if it sounds ok.

Thanks seren nos for the useful advice.

Minni im aiming for a sub 3:30 so fingers crossed!

Clive you may have to give bolsover a miss this year....you may be in London being kitted out!

03/12/2012 at 21:57
Tony - great stuff. I was wondering where you were. Great swapping stories on Friday. Just hope Sarah, Caroline and Runny run run weren't too bored!

Minni - I saw you had a fall on the ice. Are you ok? I won't tell anyone about your 3.30 secret....
03/12/2012 at 21:58
Oh good luck Sarah!

When can we vote?
03/12/2012 at 21:59
Sarah - x post.

Not easy is it finding the right words?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.