ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

661 to 680 of 4,093 messages
04/12/2012 at 06:55
morning Ds2. yeh me too! those sheep get everywhere!
04/12/2012 at 07:22
Hahaha, I've always wondered about Sheep's legs getting cold......shocking pink knee high compression stockings could be the answer!

Hi Caroline, glad to hear that you had a fabulous weekend. So pretty up there. Was lovely to meet you on Friday as well, so glad we went for coffee so we could all get to know each other better and let that traffic die down.

I'm hoping my photo appears on here just like magic.....it would be nice if one of my first choice pics worked but I have a feeling its going to be the last full face photo that's going to work.....a bit of a close up if I do say! Just glad that they won't be using that one for the competition!

I've been so nervous all weekend about getting through and think I may have drove my husband mad.....thinks its all about to start up again now, was dreaming running last night, but no pink socks!

Hope you all have a good day,x
seren nos    pirate
04/12/2012 at 07:26

photos sometimes take a few days to get through the vetting system.but for you guys i'm sure they will prioritise them........

150 words.seems easy to me.........don't vote for the others as they are lazy and ugly and they run on a treadmill all day like a gym bunny...........

there easy

04/12/2012 at 07:32
Morning everyone,

Seren nos haha! I may have to use that...!
04/12/2012 at 07:38
Hahaha, but that's sometimes me seren nos when I have nobody to run with and its dark after work!

How do you get the faces up if your using your phone?
04/12/2012 at 07:39
"150 words.seems easy to me.........don't vote for the others as they are lazy and ugly and they run on a treadmill all day like a gym bunny..........."

This is brilliant seren nos.
04/12/2012 at 07:53
just pressed the send key on my speech...... now I must get off to work...I'm late! have a good day all.
04/12/2012 at 08:13

Morning fellow disrupted sleepers. Getting the 150 words done is just the start - wait until the grilling begins!

DS2 - best of luck today, hope it all goes well.

04/12/2012 at 08:21
Lol don't say that Malcs - the 150 words was bad enough!

Well done for getting yours sent Jenf, have a good day at work
mcs
04/12/2012 at 08:48

All the best team sounds like you had a good day. I live next door to Monsal Head and run on the trail to work every day CaroT...........look forward to reading your 150 words pleading for our votes.........

04/12/2012 at 08:54
I wonna vote...
04/12/2012 at 08:58

Some funny stuff on here today already, especially Seren nos.

Have sent my election manifesto in (15,000 words wasn't it???)

Looking forward to seeing everything on the website tomorrow.

Caroline - glad you had a great weekend. Coffee was fun and really enjoyed the company. Was looking at your club website over the weekend. It is the closest club to me and I'm very tempted so may see you soon on a club run. Just trying to see how to fit it into my rediculously busy lifestyle. I can run first thing or even anytime of day because I work for myself but the evenings are all taken with driving my daughters around.

A.W
04/12/2012 at 09:10

It wasnt easy putting the 150 words together! But its done now!

Really, this is the easy bit, the next 4 months of training is the real challange!!!!

A.W
04/12/2012 at 09:12

Agreed AW - as they say 'the hardest part about running a marathon is getting to the start line'!

04/12/2012 at 09:38

LOL Seren!

Am looking forward to seeing all the pics and reading your mini-essays!

04/12/2012 at 09:45

Indeed DS2 - and getting there without injuries too. I find I can do the training - it's knowing when to back off that is the difficult part.

Bracing now for the Seren inquisition. Do I get an easier ride if I have Welsh rellies?

BoDuke, mcs, Sleepy Bear (and anyone I missed) - how were you feeling this time last year? 

04/12/2012 at 09:54
Well it's in, I've give it the best go I could, I just couldn't think of anything to put down. I was up til the early hours trying to get my 150 words sorted, again good luck to all, can't wait to see how it all looks tomorrow!!!
04/12/2012 at 10:17

Glad I wasn't the only one not sleeping! Was thinking about revising it after being woken at 4 am by a grumpy 6 year old, but then realised that it was looking more like my video answer last week so left it alone...

does anyone know what category they are in? I can't remember

04/12/2012 at 10:34

Morning everyone. I have made it through to the next round. Agree that it's bitter sweet when reading those who didn't get through. It was great to get to meet everyone, and so inspiring.

Now the hard part - writing those 150 words..

04/12/2012 at 10:39

Morning!

DS2 - Really can't remember sorry - probably had mixed feelings like some of you seem to - excited at the prospect of all the goodies and the race itself but a little intimidated by the pressure of letting people make judgements about you!

Just found out my 150 word thingy was read out as a good example LOLOLOLOL - Wish I could remember what I'd put! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.