ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

781 to 800 of 4,093 messages
04/12/2012 at 22:28
CaroT - my daughter did work experience at that leisure centre last year and they offered her a job there as a lifeguard. I really do need to do the swimming lessons.

My cycling is reasonably good so I may do some duathlon first. Have you visited the cyclopark at Gravesend yet? There is a 10k series there second Wednesday of each month. Next one on 12 December. I think I may do it.7.45pm start.
04/12/2012 at 22:33
Hey everyone! So we find out tomorrow who's up for what - good luck everyone !
04/12/2012 at 22:34

Yes I've heard good reports about the floodlit cyclopark 5km / 10km series, hoping to make it there one Wednesday evening!

04/12/2012 at 22:50

Good luck to everyone too. I'm excited to see the profiles of all that made it through, and to see what groups everyone are in.

Sarah: I actually lost my job in 2009 and with the economy as it was, my wife and I decided to see the world before the tiny patter of feet came along. So we caught the train to China, taught English there in a small city for a year and then spent 6 months in Asia afterwards. North Korea was definitely the most unqiue place we went to.

When we got back we started our walk, spending a month to plan it day by day. We walked for Association for International Cancer Research (AICR) and raised just shy of £1600. Our target was £1 a mile walked, so we beat our target. Seems like a lifetime ago now though.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

04/12/2012 at 23:07
Shady ady - amazing story and accomplishment. Brilliant cause as well. I love hearing these stories. When I'm suffering on the saddle next year I will think of you walking and feel better.
04/12/2012 at 23:12

Seren- have you done lots of tris? I was thinking of doing some next year as have done a bit of open water swimming and bought a wetsuit recently. Where do you swim in the river in the winter??

04/12/2012 at 23:22
What an amazing experience, I love hearing stories like that shady_ady, so insipiring. Congratulations aswell on raising so much for charity. I try to do one charity event a year. Think next year it will be the national three peaks. Haven't decided on the charity yet though.

Good luck everyone with it going live tomorrow
05/12/2012 at 06:52
morning all. good luck going live!

where is everyone going to put their threads? stay in spring marathon? I hope my photo appears soon.
05/12/2012 at 06:57
Morning- hope not too cold with everyone!

Jen- I was wondering the same- here in Spring Marathon seems sensible but last time looking at example they sent it was in general threads... Shall we have a consensus?

My photo still not appeared here yet either
A.W
05/12/2012 at 07:11

Looking forward to seeing all the pages go live now, all be it with a bit of nervousness too!

Not long to wait now!

A.W
05/12/2012 at 07:24
won't be able to put my thread up till later today. busy work day n no access to www. everyone will see my story n pic before me!
05/12/2012 at 07:28
Me too Jen- in London for a long dull meeting will be back on this evening likely

Have a good day everyone!
05/12/2012 at 07:34

So here we go then. As Steve tucks into his bacon (and he does love bacon) we wait to be thrown into the colosseum (had to spell check that). Let's hope there aren't too many wild beasts waiting for us.

Best of luck to everyone! I think we should use this thread as a safe place to retreat for moral support if the inquisition gets's too much - there is only so much probing on salty, dark brown spreads that a person can handle! 

jenf - Spring Marathon seems the perfect place so unless RW suggest we go somewhere else that would get my vote.

Nerves are racing already!

05/12/2012 at 07:37

PS. just to add to the excitement here - the LF's (little fellas) have just come screaming to me - it's snowing!

05/12/2012 at 07:43
Morning guys, think mines going to be a busy one as well so I might not get to set a thread up until late tonight, fingers crossed I will get to have a few cheeky glances throughout the day though.

I love snow (although I don't like to drive in it). None down here yet but I do live in a valley!
05/12/2012 at 07:56
Morning all. Good luck to everyone today. I woke up all excited to snow this morning but after being stuck on my 10 min train jpurney for an hour now with power failure the excitement is slowly evaporating away

Thank goodness for Target 26.2 to keep the spirits up!

I did notice last year our individual pages were put in the general thread but if the general consensus is to keep them in Spring Marathons I'm happy to do that as well!
05/12/2012 at 08:07

Ding Ding....

Let the games begin...

Good luck everyone

seren nos    pirate
05/12/2012 at 08:09

Malcs .snow 

I have noticed a few people having problems with quoting......

Malcs wrote (see)

PS. just to add to the excitement here - the LF's (little fellas) have just come screaming to me - it's snowing!

If you go to the bit you want to quote and hover over it a blue button will appear with the word quote on.....click on that...........then go to where you are writing and then click on the " button on the far right of your box just past the spell check........the quote should appear on your post...................

this might not work on all smart phones etc...

05/12/2012 at 08:24

Thanks for looking after us Seren - you have become our second mum and counsellor

I mentioned to my wife about you swimming in the Taff and she fell off her chair in shock.

05/12/2012 at 08:25

Morning all - drover to the local park this morning in heavy snow. Was intending to run some long intervals but by the time I got there it was like a blizzard. Had to abort and back home now. Gutted

Roads are at a standstill everywhere so will have to miss work this morning

Hopefully, it won't hang about. Tempted to put my spikes on now and go for a run in the woods!

Malcs - has it stopped up there now?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.