ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

801 to 820 of 4,103 messages
05/12/2012 at 08:39
DS2 - I'd take the afternoon off work as well and go for that run in the woods!
05/12/2012 at 08:42

Ady - very tempted but my business partner has made it in and we've got one important meeting that I need to be at.

I am going for that run though - now!!!

05/12/2012 at 09:05

Yep - snow has stopped here. School run was fine. Don't think we got it as bad.

I was looking forward to a little jog in the white stuff but it's all but mush on the pavements now . Running in the snow is just the best!

05/12/2012 at 09:24

Hi All.

Just wanted to add my good wishes to all involved.

I followed the fortunate few last year, as I was running Paris, and I was lucky to bump into Craig and Emma in the pen on the Champs Elysee

I'm running Paris again next year, too.

If you need any advice about Paris, the race, the toilets - or any kind of random madness - then you could do worse than pop in to the long running Paris Marathon thread.

It is populated by the friendliest bunch of nutters you will ever meet - and I count myself amongst them .

They are incredibly supportive and the knowledgeable and always welcoming.

05/12/2012 at 09:29
Thanks Orbutt. Will certainly check it out win or lose. I've never really been active on these forums before but finding it extremely addictive. Talking to runners on here saves my wife from the running conversations every evening. I think she's the big winner out of this!
05/12/2012 at 09:36

I'll agree with Orbutt - Paris is a great marathon. I'm not doing it this year as I don't think it would match up to last years experience.

Frankfurt in OCtober anyone?

Mid sussex Tri at start of June!!!!!! Help!

M...eldy wrote (see)

Reel 'em in Seren  

Any good first timer Tri threds?

05/12/2012 at 10:04
Shady_Ady wrote (see)
Talking to runners on here saves my wife from the running conversations every evening. 

Ha! The amount you're posting she's saved from any conversation in the evening. When I met her she seemed like the kind of girl who had mastered the art of looking engaged and interested whilst letting it go in through one ear and out the other. I know that look well 

Good job her mum is here at the moment! 

05/12/2012 at 10:09

Oh and thanks too Orbutt and Minni. The Forum Six looks very interesting and so does Paris too. I'm sure alot of bootcampers will take a good look.

After the warnings about forum trolls it's nice to know there's some threads where we can seek out friendly faces when we escape from here to the big wide world 

05/12/2012 at 10:12

My wife has mastered that look as well Malcs/Ady! Actually, she doesn't even bother looking interested anymore!!!

Bagged 5 miles through the trails in the woods this morning afterall. It was magnificent in the snow. Best run of the winter so far. Thoroughly enjoyed it and ran pretty well into the bargain! had CC spikes on and was sliding everywhere in the mud - glorious! Think I may need longer spikes!

05/12/2012 at 10:20
http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/448713/gallery/spikes.jpg?width=350

Edited: 05/12/2012 at 10:20
05/12/2012 at 10:50
Malcs wrote (see)
http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/448713/gallery/spikes.jpg?width=350

These would have been good for the Full Monty Cute 10 last Sunday. Great Fun, but v muddy.

05/12/2012 at 10:57

Hey guys, just been reading all your intros on the Asics 26.2 page - great job!

The links for First Timer and On A Plateau are broken,  First Timer lets you read the intros but when you go to vote it comes up with an error page. On A Plateau is completely broken and redirects to last year's page saying the competition is closed. Is there anyone with the ear of RW Towers who can let them know so you aren't missing out on votes?

Good luck!

05/12/2012 at 10:59

Didn't know they were up!

Thanks for the prod xine267 - I'll email Katie, though I wouldn't be surprised if she knows already.

Sudden rush of nerves

05/12/2012 at 11:02

No worries Malcs! I thought I'd just click on the Asics link instead of heading straight to the Forums and was surprised to see they are up.

Good luck again

05/12/2012 at 11:04

Where's the link - I can't see any reference to it on the main page, must be missing something?

Oops x post - will try that. They must be just putting it up now then.

Edited: 05/12/2012 at 11:05
05/12/2012 at 11:06
I can't find it . The target 26.2 link on homepage hasn't been updated when I tried on my iPhone

CAn someone paste link?

Feel nervy!
05/12/2012 at 11:15

Its on the competitions link on the side on the main page.

Now to set up a forum thread.

05/12/2012 at 11:15

Pretty sure it's not officially live yet so I hope this isn't a disqualification offence

If you go here:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/competitions/

then click the links for the categories the info is there!

Ady, Reg - can't believe we're all together! Best of luck guys, whatever happens it's been a pleasure and if you make it through I'll be right behind you. 

05/12/2012 at 11:17

Reginald - didn't have a clue it was you hiding behind that persona! 

05/12/2012 at 11:29

Reginald or Reggie is a nickname as I am an identical twin it was easier to call us both the same name.

Can't believe we are all together, I would be really happy to see anyone of us get through.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.