ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

81 to 100 of 4,103 messages
13/11/2012 at 20:42
Had to look BoDerek up. Pleased I did now

Carl, I might just follow what this years crew are doing. Worked for me last year.
13/11/2012 at 21:02

Like everyone else I am waiting (im)patiently to hear back about boot camp, like everyone else I am super excited about the opportunity and somewhat surprisingly been following this forum a lot more than ever I thought I would.

I do have a question for everybody, while waiting I have realised I never received a confirmation email that my application went in, I seem to remember (fingers crossed) that a screen came up after I submitted my application saying "...application successful..." is this all everyone else received or was there a technology glitch when I applied and I was supposed to get an email and therefore I am not entered? (please noooooooo!)  

13/11/2012 at 21:47

Good luck everyone!

I got my application in about 20 minutes before it closed (lastminute Kate). I did it from my Smartphone, but it wouldn't let me upload a photo. Probably preferable anyway! No doubt I'll be disqualified, but thought it was worth a go. I've applied for the last couple of years, but not heard anything

Kent, I didn't get any email confirmation either. Hopefully the reception on my phone was working from within the hospital where I was on Friday.

Fingers crossed for all!

13/11/2012 at 22:18
Tenjiso wrote (see)

Carl - you made me laugh twice.

Once because of the repeated mentions of "My Asics"  ,  and the other for "Bo Derek" 

Tenjiso, glad that I made you laugh. Might explain why up to now I tended to read these forums and not participate but in for a penny in for a pound and all that.

BoD, apols for getting your name wrong.   Technical glitch at my end where brain and fingers were not communicating. Thanks for the advice.

13/11/2012 at 22:30

Seren - I think you have earned your place just by the amount of posts you have done. Maybe that should be a new category?

A perfect 10 for you Craig for looking that one up - did you google image search by any chance?

Good luck with your training Lee - have you started already for VLM2013?

Pawel - I remember you too from last year at bootcamp, superfast! - good luck again if you have reapplied - and to all those that have gone for it again. Never say never is one of my mottos! (Not to be confused with the Moto motorway service station, where Fish & chips are overpriced - never eat there again!).

CarlD - as far as trainig goes you can't beat the advice & support of the forums on this website, whether it is for this ASICS competition or not.

13/11/2012 at 22:34

Does anyone know what would happen if they called you and you weren't in? Would you just lose the opportunity? Must. Stop. Obsessing.....

13/11/2012 at 22:41

Runningrachal, I think they email for bootcamp.

FH

13/11/2012 at 22:49

Seren - is that your real name? Only asking because my granddaughter is called Seren and she loves a cartoon show with Seren the Bat. I hadn't heard of the name before she was born.

FH - very glad to hear they email for bootcamp. Friday couldn't arrive quicker, just to know.

13/11/2012 at 22:53

According to terms and conditions:

"If you are longlisted, you will be contacted by telephone shortly after the closing date."

but what if you can't answer the phone? (get me thinking I might get a call!!)

13/11/2012 at 23:13
I found out its by email from someone who got through last year.

If they did phone, could they leave you a message ? It's email so don't worry, what will be will be.

FH
13/11/2012 at 23:46

In the interest of research only, I've looked up Bo Derek and Daisy Duke.  Several times.

14/11/2012 at 08:00

Morning all

Has anyone got any nails left? Only 3 days to go before the wait is over. Forget the Lottery this would be a dream come true.

seren nos yn canu    pirate
14/11/2012 at 08:35
BeckyS wrote (see)

Seren - is that your real name? Only asking because my granddaughter is called Seren and she loves a cartoon show with Seren the Bat. I hadn't heard of the name before she was born.

FH - very glad to hear they email for bootcamp. Friday couldn't arrive quicker, just to know.

BeckyS..........I wish it was my real name.mine is very very boring.........Seren is a popular name in parts of wales....as it means star and is a beautiful name............seren nos is night star and I got it from a christmas song...seren nos yn canu........

Tenjiso........I can imagine what your dreams were like last night with those pair on your mind

KR........writing loads of rubbish on the forums does not qualify for a place in its own right .unlike the 5 rejections and in rule

14/11/2012 at 09:25

Thanks Knight Rider A bit nervous waiting for results now.

14/11/2012 at 09:28
You lot can stop thinking about Daisy. She's all mine... Hold on she's my cousin...
seren nos yn canu    pirate
14/11/2012 at 09:39

thats allowed in those parts Bo 

Bo derek might be a little older now...off to google how she has aged

14/11/2012 at 09:51

Oooh just found this thread as I chewed the last of my fingernails off and wondered if I missed out on bootcamp! Do they email if you're unsuccessful too?You know, just for our sanity

Good luck everyone! xxx

14/11/2012 at 10:00
Seren, that's made my week!! I think she's aged very well personally, like a fine, fine wine... Ok that's enough now... I'll just sit here and daydream... Need to work... Need to work... Must not get fired.... *slapping ownface*
mcs
14/11/2012 at 10:07

Stop all this talk of Bo Derek please I am trying to work here, honest guv!!

14/11/2012 at 12:24

Just discovered this forum and thought best to follow and tag along !!! I to have entered and like all are eagerly awaiting news of whether i have been chosen to go to boot camp.... So we find out this Friday do we ???  It's all so exciting ! If any of the peps on here get a place there will be soooo lucky ! It's also good to read posts of people that have already been to boot camp and those even more fortunate to have been selected as the lucky 5 ! So as others have said GOOD LUCK to all and i will be sure to follow to see who is fortunate enough.

81 to 100 of 4,103 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.