ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

1,181 to 1,200 of 4,090 messages
08/12/2012 at 14:58

I'm in Burry port, malcs. I will def save you some granola bars if you do the GWM  and i'll come n cheer!

08/12/2012 at 16:38

Haha what a bootcamp video!! 

08/12/2012 at 16:39

I need a run to relieve some stress

A.W
08/12/2012 at 17:07

Get your self out running Clive NOW!!

I love how a run always makes you feel a bit better and a little less stressed!

A.W
08/12/2012 at 17:10
AW- I'd love to, but got another surgery to do... It has been a difficult, stressful and suitably depressing day. I will go before I go home tonight
08/12/2012 at 17:13

jen - do you know we nearly bought a house there when they built the new Westbury houses. A small matter of jobs got in the way unfortunately. 

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm in an episode of Lost and we're all connected somehow. First there was sills - who I had a business lunch with last year. Jen, you're probably going to tell me you bought the house we were looking at in Burry Port. We have the same loo that Reg is sitting on in his profile pic and Clive operated on my wife when her husband kindly broke it in two places

Still trying to work the rest of you out but I'm getting there slowly...

Tigger - you were awesome in the video. Make sure you sort out your rights to royalties. 

08/12/2012 at 17:24

Can't say I have ever heard of banana malt loaf, Jen.  Don't mess with the classics 

08/12/2012 at 17:32
Kinda weird Malcs, no sure where our connection comes in though
08/12/2012 at 17:35
Good banter on here as usual. Tough day Clive. Get that run in mate. You'll feel a whole lot better.

Saturdays are such hard work. Hardly anytime for forum play.

Glad to say my football team returned to winning ways. No doubt SO4 will be happy - blades won and Owls lost after leading with a few minutes to go
08/12/2012 at 17:45

Paul - there'll be something me lad. You don't carve Welsh love spoons by any chance?

DS2 - I know what you mean, though today has been less busy than usual. Got to see the Scarlets lose at home this afternoon then my 10 year old destroyed me at Halo. Who is your team? 

08/12/2012 at 17:58
You have me thinking now Malcs!

Haha, I'm going to be celebrating tonight....a Sheffield double! Who do you support DS2?

Hope the rest of your shift went ok Clive and you manage to unwind.
08/12/2012 at 18:08

This made me LOL today. I emailed an elderly relative to please vote for me and this was his reply...

"Caroline, at the age of 94 I have joined Runner's World  and was amused to be asked if I was a runner or a triathlon athlete. I would  love to be able to walk a few yards let alone run them!"

Happy Saturday night everyone, must go get ready to celebrate the past year with a great bunch of like-minded people at our Christmas Dinner tonight xox

08/12/2012 at 18:15
Malcs - Ha ha ha that could be the link

Anyone else an XFactor widow tonight, might be a good time to read that complete guide we had at Bootcamp!!!!!
Edited: 08/12/2012 at 18:18
08/12/2012 at 18:23

Hi Guys!!

Well dispite the opportunity to abuse the free bar I have taken the sensible option and thought about my race tomorrow!! I am now home after having only a few merry pints and am going to ensure that I thoroughly rehydrate myself ready fpr tomorrows santa run!! Things seem to be moving as fast as ever on here which is really positive and means that the buzz & excitement is still there!!!

A.W
08/12/2012 at 18:32
That's a fine level of restraint Andrew! Not sure I could have done the same!?
A.W
08/12/2012 at 18:37

Am impressed Andrew! I had a couple of drinks last night for my birthday today and decided in my hungover pre-parkrun state that sugar AND salt in my porridge might be the way forward ... Well that was a lesson not to be repeated!

Paulsamcymru - Might be an idea! I'm not much of an XFactor fan!

CaroT - That's fab! Tell her you'll keep her updated with your Asics training plan if you get to Paris - there's hope for her yet!

DS2 - Hope you get Sundays off if you have to work Saturdays! Eek! Need a chance to put your feet up and chill ... or go for a run!

paulsamcymru

08/12/2012 at 19:56
Shady_Ady wrote (see)
Will those mince pies be washed down with a tipple of Port? It is almost Xmas after all!

My nemesis the Mince Pie, as a bakery manager I can safely say I'd be happy never to see another mince pie, or hot cross bun for that matter which I'll be making from Dec 27th

I love a piece of malt loaf  but how do you toast it on the way round? Surely toasted and dripping with butter is the only way to go? Tenjiso, you'll be glad to here there's an apple flavour too!

I've found my Garmin invaluable to pace myself on any runs, haven't used the heart rate monitor for a while, but think I need to after looking at myself in the video, time for the fat burn zone. I believe the winners get a free Garmin at the store day (Apologies if this has already been said, I may be quilty of missing a few posts!)

Anyway, back to work, looking forward to finishing at 23:00, at which point I'll probably be way behind current events again. Not looking forward to being back in at 08:00 tomorrow though 

08/12/2012 at 20:22

IndyMcQueen . . . . .we have been having a mince pie tasting going since the 1st December and once I knew i was going to Bootcamp I had to withdraw my advice on which is best lost quarter of a stone in 3 weeks!! so no more mince pies for me and now on skimmed milk !! Hope you get through this evening

08/12/2012 at 20:53
Tony's onthebeach wrote (see)

IndyMcQueen . . . . .we have been having a mince pie tasting going since the 1st December and once I knew i was going to Bootcamp I had to withdraw my advice on which is best lost quarter of a stone in 3 weeks!! so no more mince pies for me and now on skimmed milk !! Hope you get through this evening

Cheers! I swear if I didn't work in a bakery I'd be a stone lighter, makes carb loading easy though

08/12/2012 at 22:37

Clive.......I use High 5 Gels myself with the caffeine (raspberry flavour). So far I have found these are the only ones I've used during races that haven't upset my stomach. I have always suspected this might be a psychological problem, as High 5 Gels are also the cheapest (it's my stingy side shining through!)

RRR...so basically what you're saying regarding mince pies, is that for a 1o mile run, you get to come home and eat 4 of them....that's the best maths I've see this week! Throw in your mars bar slices and I'm going to happily follow your training regime for your next marathon.........women's Boston qualifying time here I come!

Sarah........now you do have me all excited.......alcohol drinking before a race? I've always thought that was strictly off-limits. I've only ever done it once before a 10k several years ago, and I didnt enjoy it at all. Saying that though, it was a friends birthday and I did have more than 1! Is this a superstition for you now?

Malcs....how did the Xmas decorating go? Did you manage to go the whole day Port free?

Andrew......very impressed at your will power.

IndyMcQueen.....this must be a terrible time of the year for you with all those mince pies baking around you. If you have the will power of Andrew with a free bar at his disposal, then you are certainly a better man than me!

1,181 to 1,200 of 4,090 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.