ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

1,461 to 1,480 of 4,103 messages
11/12/2012 at 13:09

Ha ha Sarah very good this could be true It does feel a lot better today if im honest so think i will be ok...

I have not done a thing at work! I hope that #target262 are able offer me employment as i think I'm possibly looking at getting the sack!!

11/12/2012 at 13:43
Hello all, another interesting thread, I've had a little verbal abuse 'run forest run' seems a to be popular one. I've only bit once, but that's another story!
I tend to ignore them, way I think is if I respond they may take it out on the next runner they see. So it's not worth it.
9 times out of 10 it's always someone who looks like they could do with a bit of running.
I put it down jealousy
11/12/2012 at 13:45
Shady_Ady wrote (see)

Has anyone else been abused by random people while out running? 

Not while running but after our end of season dinner the other year I decided it would be good training to walk the 6 miles home. It was about 2am. A car went past and then I felt a huge pain in my chest. I looked down and saw the offending projectile. I'd been hit by a carrot! Who throws a carrot? Who even carries one? Plastic bottles are two a penny but raw vegetables? I ask you, this country...

11/12/2012 at 13:50

DS2 - committed to the cause as ever, you are a brave man indeed

Reg - like it

11/12/2012 at 14:00

Malcs - to what are you referring my good man?

It's normally projectile carrots the following morning!

Off out to London now for a few drinkypoo's. Well, I'm on a self-imposed drinking ban so will be chauffering! Have a good natter this afternoon. This time tomorrow voting will be over. To be honest I doubt anyone on here who hasn't voted by now is going to.

I'm up to 48,000 responses on my marketing campaign. (Cost me a fortune employing all of those telesales people. They were happy to do it though - said it made a change from PPI). Even RRR will struggle to beat that! (Unless you know differently Sarah???)

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 14:01
11/12/2012 at 14:20

I haven't had abuse but I get people sarcastically clapping sometimes when I go past ... so I just pretend I'm in the Olympics!

Malc - Carrot throwing? Maybe it was a snowman sneezing ....

DS2 - Hee hee! It's ok DS2 - I've bribed your team with mince pies - they're secretly telling people "Vote Sarah!" when you're out of the room!

11/12/2012 at 14:27

RunnyRunRun wrote (see)

Malc - Carrot throwing? Maybe it was a snowman sneezing ....

Careful with the jokes RRR!

11/12/2012 at 14:33
Malcs wrote (see)
A car went past and then I felt a huge pain in my chest. I looked down and saw the offending projectile. I'd been hit by a carrot! Who throws a carrot? Who even carries one?

Brilliant, made me think of Austin Powers "That really hurt! I'm gonna have a lump there, you idiot! Who throws a shoe? Honestly! You fight like a woman!" lol

11/12/2012 at 14:40

Malcs........I thnk you win on amusing object thrown.

I just hope all those random shoes you see at the side of the road aren't there because they'd earlier been thrown at a runner. Every time I go out and see one, I expect to feel the force of a Timberland striking my cheek.

When I first started to run, I must have ran in a hunched up position, as one day I timed my run at the same time the local college finshed. I wasn't very fast either at this point, and a group of lanky teenagers copied my runing style and ran behind me for a good mile before breaking off in laughter.

I was more embarrassed that I didn't have the speed to run away from them, than the fact my run technique was atrocious!

11/12/2012 at 14:41
RRR - yes be careful. People might retract their votes. Actually, it made me chuckle, but then I am very sad and easily amused.
11/12/2012 at 14:49

Ady -  LOL, that is just awful my friend! It's a classic error though - never, ever run between 3pm and 4pm on a week day. 

Indy - funny you mention a lump. In the morning I had a red, carrot shaped mark on my chest. I'm not joking either - it struck me length ways on. Hell of a shot. Took 2 days to go away. Mrs Malcs was in hysterics - one of the benefits of marriage, there's always someone who will happily laugh their ass off at you when you're most in need.

DS2 - I was referring to Chatham, two men in lycra holding hands etc.

Reg - fine refereeing sir. RRR, you're lucky SB isn't around or you'd for it!

Edited: 11/12/2012 at 14:50
11/12/2012 at 14:49

Shady_Ady - Love it! I've always wondered why there are random shoes at the sides of the road! I always assumed there was a confused, drunk tramp walking around in circles ...

A.W
11/12/2012 at 15:01

I love it, a carrot!!

I've had a few occasions when kids think they're being funny by hurling a bit of abuse at you and then start to run with you, the jokes on them really though as when I crank the pace up they soon have to stop gasping for breath!

A.W
11/12/2012 at 15:08

A.W - I like your style! I dream of one day leaving small children in my dust. Preferably my own children but to be honest, any will do! 

(note - first use of the devil smilie. Aiming to get through them all by D-Day)

11/12/2012 at 15:10

While I'm sat in a room trying to contact customers, is there anyone here who would like to know about RDR?

11/12/2012 at 15:44

RDR stands for Retail Distribution Review. and I'm getting quite bored of it now. Passing time writing on here. I'm sure this could be classed a gross misconduct!

11/12/2012 at 15:50

No ones ever said anything to me whilst I have been running. Once a group of kids threw a stone at my car...ive got to say they (and my OH) were shocked when I stopped, jumped out and chased them all.

11/12/2012 at 15:57

I've had the usual sniggers and smart arse comments, usually from teenagers, but never been on the end of organic missiles...

Most amusing was whilst doing an early morning long run through sheffield at 5.30am and coming across a couple of lads on their way home from clubbing- they started running with me, and due to the consumed drugs, managed to keep up with me for 3 miles whilst talking constantly. I did think that maybe there is something in doping after all

11/12/2012 at 15:57

Ha ha! Go Sarah! - I once chased down a group of blokes who had picked up and were attempting to carry off my motorbike down the road! Little gits!

11/12/2012 at 15:58

Anyone else worn out from the last week?? Looking forward to the end of the vote tomorrow

1,461 to 1,480 of 4,103 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.