ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

1,601 to 1,620 of 4,091 messages
12/12/2012 at 15:59

I have thought this a few times but thought I had just missed their posts!? What a wasted opportunity. Such a shame...

12/12/2012 at 16:52
DS2 wrote (see)

knight rider - it looks like only 18 have posted. That means three haven't bothered. What a waste of a place!

I'm sure there were three from bootcamp who would have jumped at the chance to get through and would have contributed fully to the forum experience.

DS- couldn't have said it better myself. It is a shame for those who didn't get through

12/12/2012 at 18:06

Whose not posted a thread? I agree, what a waist of three places, unless they have a genuine reason for it

Sorry Malcs I just couldnt resist!

Ive got to say Shady I wasnt thinking engineering!

20 minutes until the start of clinic 3....been abit of a long day!!

12/12/2012 at 18:10

Joining a well populated Forum like RW did seem daunting, and I did lurk without posting a fair bit before making the shortlist.

But if I learn nothing else from this experience, at least I now know my pre-conceived ideas were completely false. It's a shame for those that didn't post, as they have missed out on a great opportunity.

12/12/2012 at 18:47
sarah osborne 4 wrote (see)

20 minutes until the start of clinic 3....been abit of a long day!!

Sarah, hats off to you- 3 clinics in a day- ooh that hurts. I have double maths (ie 2 clinics, all day) on a Thursday and it is only bearable 'cos I go for a run on my way back in the middle of the day

12/12/2012 at 19:04
DS2 wrote (see)

knight rider - it looks like only 18 have posted. That means three haven't bothered. What a waste of a place!

I'm sure there were three from bootcamp who would have jumped at the chance to get through and would have contributed fully to the forum experience.

Pity the three weren't in my category - I could have celebrated victory!!!

I too think it's a pity, although going into this I really had no experience of the forums or what a great community they represented and how integral they might be to this process. Perhaps the other guys just have a different view of the process and want to do it on their own terms.

Of course this is pure speculation, we may never know!

12/12/2012 at 19:15

evening all. Just back from lovely run (well I have showered aswell) I 've no idea how far or fast I ran this eve. I ran just because I could...and I enjoyed it!

I've got some serious reading  catch up to do on posts now..

12/12/2012 at 19:44
Ditto Jenf, been off here for a few hours and it seems an age has past!!!!!!

I'd second a few opinions on here, I was daunted by the thought of joining forums and held back a little, but I shouldn't have bothered everyone has been fantastic.........but the people in the sub 2:15 group think I'm taking the.....
Edited: 12/12/2012 at 19:46
12/12/2012 at 19:49

Shady_Ady wrote (see)

past 3 hours talking about nipples, clamps and flanges (answers on a postcard to what industry I work in!)

I would have said you were a budding Christian Grey in the training especially with the Forum name of Shady Ady '50 shady ady greys'

Not that I have read the books or have any clue what they are on about!!!

As for those who have not been on the forums, more fool them! yes some of us who were unlucky and didn't get through would have embraced a thread with open arms! haha although you can't get rid of me that easily!!

12/12/2012 at 19:56

Jen - showering before posting? only goes to show what a true lady you are! I sometimes don't even shave before I post - disgraceful I know .

Whilst I mostly agree with the sentiments shared so far I think our own Indiana McQueen makes a valid point. After all, some people may not be comfortable reeling off stories of naked bedroom encounters, humiliating pursuits by gangs of teenagers or late night strolls home under heavy vegetable fire. I think we have to respect that.

Edited: 12/12/2012 at 20:00
12/12/2012 at 20:00

phew.. that took me age to catch up.! I'm now wrapping xmas pressies and have my computer right next to me....

12/12/2012 at 20:12
Green and white tigger wrote (see)

I would have said you were a budding Christian Grey in the training especially with the Forum name of Shady Ady '50 shady ady greys'

Not that I have read the books or have any clue what they are on about!!!

We've got a book at work called '50 Sheds of Grey', Genius, I'm thinking of writing a sequel called '50 Spades of Grey', anyone know a good publisher? Or even a bad pne...

Malcs wrote (see)

Jen - showering before posting? only goes to show what a true lady you are! I sometimes don't even shave before I post - disgraceful I know 

One of the many benefits of cultivating a beard.

Edited: 12/12/2012 at 20:14
12/12/2012 at 20:15

Obviously me, not Jen

12/12/2012 at 20:21

LOL -  nice rescue Indy!

12/12/2012 at 20:24

as a lady I was maintaining my dignified silence again about that comment!

12/12/2012 at 20:25

Tigger........so sorry to disappoint you.......RRR was spot on.......just the plain, old world of engineering.

Malcs.......I did try to go to work unshaven thinking I was pulling off the George Clooney look.......everyone said I looked more like George Michael.......designer stubble has been on the back burner ever since.

Also apologies if my naked bedroom and humiliating pursuit stories caused any offence, or images that can no longer be erased from memory.

On a brighter note, I can finally see the new Xmas smilies when writing my messages!  

12/12/2012 at 20:28

Indy/Malcs/jenf - great banter! I hope they pick some of the witty writers. It will keep me entertained at least!

Tigger - I knew you wouldn't stay away. Tomorrow, if we all find out, we should definitely try to get the 'failed forum'off the ground! What's all this 50 shades about then???

12/12/2012 at 20:29
Been out for a run myself with the hope it would make me feel less anxious... Have to say I feel pretty much the same.... You guys do put a smile on my face though
12/12/2012 at 20:42

I've got a session booked on the heavy bag tomorrow eve.. that will sort me out either way result goes!!

12/12/2012 at 20:47

Ady! Excellent . The bedroom image has now been replaced with your George Michael look - still pretty shocking but we're heading in the right direction! 

Andrew, just relax. This is only the biggest opportunity you will ever have in your running career. You will never get this close ever again and if you lose your world will cave in on itself descending you into a downward spiral of doom and depression which will torment you from now UNTIL THE END OF TIME! Muah ha ha haaa! What's there to be anxious about? 

Anyone staying up throught the night btw? Just waiting on word from Reg re. the swingometer.

Edited: 12/12/2012 at 20:50
1,601 to 1,620 of 4,091 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.