ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

1,781 to 1,800 of 4,093 messages
13/12/2012 at 21:07

For sure SO4 has to pop in there. Anyone else who's not ventured further than this thread should do that too. I've had so much help already, it's quite amazing.

I'm definitely going to pitch for the Forum Six too. I better get moving on that or I'll miss the deadline!

13/12/2012 at 21:07
Tenjiso, that's class!

Clive, that was my first though.....drinks at my OH xmas party now.....I'm going to get drunk....marathon training doesn't start for another two weeks! Hope you have a good night.

Hi DS2 I will have a look tonight and join the club,x
13/12/2012 at 21:09

Good for you Sarah! Are you going to do a Forum Six pitch?

13/12/2012 at 21:09
Does that mean were going to be up against each other in the forum 6 now aswell, I don't know if I can cope with the pressure!!
13/12/2012 at 21:11

Ha ha! . Well we could both make it if we're lucky. 

13/12/2012 at 21:17

You should definitely go for the forum 6! Look forward to reading the pitches!!

Just spent the evening with my son - he loved looking at the website and reading all the lovely posts on the forum. Most fun I've had in ages

13/12/2012 at 21:20

Excellent! I hope you have a beer in your hand sir - you should be celebrating!

I watched the start of The Mummy with my two tonight - mainly because their real mummy is away so we can do what we like! Pizza, chips and beans for tea...mmmm...

13/12/2012 at 21:21

Wow, I feel I can actually keep up with this thread now it's moving at a more sedentary pace. Unfortunately that doesn't mean I've actually got anything to contribute

13/12/2012 at 21:28

That'll do just fine Indy

13/12/2012 at 21:29
DS2 wrote (see)
I'd like to say a special well done to RRR from my category. Yours is a great story, now finish it off with that GFA time. Comiserations to Sills and Tony.

Clive Kelty wrote (see)

Steve, alex/AW, RRR, Melanie J, and Ady- WELL DONE!!! All the very best of luck to all of you. Really deserve it

commiserations to the rest of us, we all did well to get this far, and certainly I feel better for the experience. got loads of advice, and some new friends- hopefully we'll all stay on the forums

DS2 wrote (see)

Well done to the successful 5. Gutted I didn't make it but right behind you. Good luck!

Good evening everyone, what a day - none stop, only now being able to get to a computer.   I would just like to offer my congratulations and support to the lucky 5 who have made it through and agree with the posts i have listed above and commiserations to all those who did not.

I had a great time and enjoyed making it as far as I did, it has rejuvanated my love for running and given me motivation to get back to a level of fitness I once knew!

13/12/2012 at 21:36

Good on you Tony. I hope you'll be sticking around - you have a great deal to offer!

13/12/2012 at 21:40
Sounds like you've found the perfect way to celebrate bacon! Glad your having a nice evening with your son, he has every reason to enjoy reading about how well you've done.

My days just gone from disappointment, to extremely stressful, to complete guilt. My OH talked me in to going straight home after work and going for something to eat, so instead of me going for my run, I've ate duck and cashew nut stir fry with noodles and had a bailys coffee....I can hardly breath now! ............(very) long run tomorrow now!
13/12/2012 at 21:53

You'll burn that off in no time Sarah - forget the guilt & enjoy the rest of your night. Tomorrow is another day!

13/12/2012 at 21:59
Hi Sarah do not beat yourself up about after all the stress of what we have been through I think it was a good idea

Don't punish yourself I have seen runners do
this by all means have a run but do it in a positive state of mind and not as a punishment for having one meal and missing a run - remember rest is as important as running!
13/12/2012 at 22:04
Hi Malcs yes still around and looking forward and adjusting my goals

If I make progress in getting my minute miles down it could be Duchy 03 march but see how it goes starting my training this side of Christmas a big positive

How about yourself where now?
13/12/2012 at 22:06

The love in continues! Despite the many disappointments today there has been such a positive attitude. I have to say it's the best let down I think I've ever had.

The whole thing reached it's peak when I rang my dear old mum earlier today. She put her virtual arm round my shoulder and said these magical words:

"Son, it's a sign..."

"...you're too old, give it up before you hurt yourself."

Awww. Mums. Always there for you when you need them....ahhh...

Edited: 13/12/2012 at 22:07
13/12/2012 at 22:09

Excellent Tony - I need to decide on a race for April pronto then I'm going to pitch for the forum 6. 

13/12/2012 at 22:15
Lol Malcs that is so funny!! I always reassure my granny (98) that I never run on my own and I never run more than a mile at a time!
13/12/2012 at 22:23

Yes Minni - better to shamelessly lie through your back teeth and know that they are not constantly worrying than tell them anything near to the truth!

Hey - where did you get that heart from? Don't tell me there's another whole set of smilies out there?!!!

13/12/2012 at 22:26

1,781 to 1,800 of 4,093 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.