ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

1,821 to 1,840 of 4,091 messages
14/12/2012 at 09:18

Thanks Becky. I wouldn't consider anything less than doing that 

14/12/2012 at 09:41

Guys, when you're up in town on Sunday doing your supermarket sweep, if you see a disheveled looking character with his face pressed up against the window like an orphan left out in the cold then...that'll be Reg.

Just ask someone to draw a curtain or something. You don't want that kind of sorry image spoiling a perfectly good photo shoot.

That said, if his annual review goes well he may be doing the sweep with you! Fingers crossed Reg!

14/12/2012 at 10:14

Haha..........if Reg's annual review goes well, he'll be buying everything before we get there 

From the sorry state of me in my BC photo, I think it will be me that will be spoiling images again. At least my BC photo makes for a good 'before and after' photo. I'll remember to breathe in next time!

Good luck Reg!

14/12/2012 at 11:21

LOL - good point. You better get there before they open just in case!

If you're concerned about your image myself and Reg have bodies like Adonis and would happily step in as a double if you ever need one. Not that I think you do of course - I'd rather stay neutral on the matter if it's all the same to you. It's a general rule of mine not to comment on other mens attractiveness, one way or the other .

Just thought I'd offer our services as fellow plateau-ers.

Edited: 14/12/2012 at 11:22
14/12/2012 at 11:39

Morning everyone. Hope everyone recovered from the excitement of yesterday!

Feel slightly jaded today, going to have a rest day I think. so icy outside probably safer too.

Minni- is the Forum 6 only for a Spring Marathon? I'm thinking about it, but may decide to go for Chicago in October instead...

14/12/2012 at 11:45

Just about Clive - how are you feeling?

After the last two days of siberian weather down South, it's mild as anything down here today. Haven't even got the heating on - I'm not lying!

14/12/2012 at 12:13

Just read the 5's pitches again. When you read them one after another like that it is really inspiring. 5 great stories! 5 top people!

14/12/2012 at 12:21

Malcs, just read your forum 6 pitch! Great stuff, I will def come n cheer you on in GWM and supply granola bars!

I'm having a rest day too Clive, but I've got youth club xmas party tonight...I'm going as an elf.  

14/12/2012 at 13:34

Jen - I reckon you should be the Forum 6 official cook and dietician... I may drop out of target 26.2 and apply myself... 

14/12/2012 at 13:35

Thanks Jen - that's a date then! If you set up a little trestle table at Burry Port harbour   or the finish line I reckon you could make a fortune selling post race snacks .

I just hope it's not a scorcher - last time I did it I nearly died.

14/12/2012 at 14:02

Clive - yes Spring marathon to run alongside the Asics one. 

14/12/2012 at 15:13
Right guys I'm still in a job! But still cannot afford to go shopping so your safe.

Malcs - body of an Adonis, me, no chance, it's only since i started running that I realised I had feet!
seren nos    pirate
14/12/2012 at 15:18

To the % who are going to get their kit off and on oin sunday..............Can you do us all a favour and ask about the training plan that they are planning to use......on the bootcamp video they mentioned the asics online training plan................which to anyone who has looked at it .it looks a load of bollocks.................or to suggest running just 2 to 4 days and such light mileage for all times seems very extreme in the wrongway..

thank You

seren nos    pirate
14/12/2012 at 15:19

and also tell the asics team that although i have always ran in asics.their online shoe calculator is crap as well..

thanks

A.W
14/12/2012 at 15:22

Will do seren nos, its top of my agenda for questions too as I'm running way more than the peak weeks it suggests now!

Im sure all will become clear when Steve/Sam get in touch.

A.W
14/12/2012 at 15:45

Hi Seren and A.W

Sam emailed last night (she's coaching us slow ones - Alex, you'll have Steve!) - she said that they will use the planner as a starting point then she will tweak that for each of us based on the info we provide about what we do currently and what our goals and capabilities are...

seren nos    pirate
14/12/2012 at 15:47

that sounds a bit stupid to me Steve... tweaking suggest a minor change to suit the individuals position......those schedules need to be totally rewritten surely.....

It will be my first question nexct week to the mentors....do they think that the basic schedule is appropriate for the majority of runners with only a bit of tweaking needed for a few

14/12/2012 at 16:01
Reginald wrote (see)
Malcs - body of an Adonis, me, no chance, it's only since i started running that I realised I had feet!

14/12/2012 at 16:09
seren nos yn canu wrote (see)

they mentioned the asics online training plan................which to anyone who has looked at it .it looks a load of bollocks

Don't sugar the pill seren 

14/12/2012 at 16:12

LOL - Tenjiso, I love it.

1,821 to 1,840 of 4,091 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.