ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

1,921 to 1,940 of 4,103 messages
16/12/2012 at 15:26

That's Fab Paul!!  only run related thing I have ever won, is Club member of the year of our running club!!! 

Can't wait to hear how they all got on today!! high as a kite and kitted up to the eyeballs I should thing!

16/12/2012 at 16:02

Well done Paul!!

I won a trophy in vets category once...but I was the only entry! Ha ha

Tigger/Malcs I just put my pitch in on forum 6,

16/12/2012 at 16:46
Thanks guys, still considering my pitch and how to do it
16/12/2012 at 17:20

Anyone heard from any of the winners yet? looking forward to them all coming on here all excited. Hope they do. I wouldn't want them to feel that they can't. They should be able to enjoy their moment in the limelight!

Personally, have got on with things after the disappointment of last week and got two good runs in this weekend. 5.7 miles at 7:48mm yesterday and 10.88 miles at 7:30mm  average today with 6 at MP or below (7:17 - 7:25mm).

Feeling pleased with myself and highly motivated!

16/12/2012 at 17:34
How did some of you manage to run before your shopping spree today? You must have been up so early, I'm impressed! How was your day?

I enjoyed the Santa special, ended up being 4th lady despite not really racing so I was quite happy. Will try and post a pic in a bit.
16/12/2012 at 17:36
Sounds like two great runs DS2, glad that your over last week and enjoying your running. I have no idea how far I ran and my pace today due to me forgetting my watch, was quite nice without it for a change!
16/12/2012 at 18:53

I forgot to take my watch to work a couple of days the week before last and it was quite refreshing. I might do all my recovery running that way!

4th lady without even racing - impressive!

Edited: 16/12/2012 at 18:54
A.W
16/12/2012 at 20:21

Hows everyone doing tonight?

Thought I would check in quickly and say hi! Had a really good day today with the store day and photo shoot with the guys from Asics and Runnersworld. Hope my video was better than the one at bootcamp! Met Steve properly and had a chat about the training program that's going to be put into action from tomorrow! As soon as I have it I will post more!

Found some really interesting stuff out with regards to my bio mechanics while having the gait analysis. I've had orthotics since I started running properly some 11-12 years ago as I over pronated heavily, discovered that I've strengthened my muscles to such a degree I don't need the orthotics anymore and I am now a neutral runner!

Happy days!

A.W
16/12/2012 at 20:22

Hi guys,

Wow, what a day! It's been a long one but absolutely amazing from start to finish!

Seriously, everyone needs to get themselves down to that Oxford Street store - it is out of this world and the staff there were absolutely great - so friendly and knowledgeable and didn't complain once about us completely taking over their store and getting under their feet for the whole day

How has everyone's weekend been?

16/12/2012 at 20:23
Hi all

Paul.......great work on your first trophy. Never even came near winning anything to do with running.

Sarah......another well done on your run today. 4th isn't too shabby at all and more importantly you made the effort and got in the Christmas spirit.

DSanta2.....thanks for saying that. I do worry that writing something might be taken out of context and could be seen as gloating even if its the last thing on my mind.

Luckily I don't live too far from London so was able to get up at 7 and still do my run. It was an informative day again. After spending the last few years buying my running clothes at Sports Direct, I quickly learnt how expensive quality running clothing is and how hard it was to stick to our guidelines. I did buy my first pair of leggings, which apparently help support your muscles and keep your running style more efficient. I never knew such things existed.

The gait analysis was impressive compared to the ones I've had before, including 3D modelling of the feet. Also found out I should be wearing a neutral show and don't over-probate. I've been wearing trainers for serious over-pronating for years. I'm interested to see what difference this makes.

Ony way home from having sunday dinner with an old retired boss. Does upside down pineapple cake count as one of your five a day?

So my training starts tomorrow. 4 miles easy @ 9:30-10:15 pace. Couldn't have asked for a more easier first run. We should be setting up new forum pages over the next few days so we can blog about our training plans,etc. I will struggle to get this up and running tomorrow but should be up to speed by Tuesday evening. At the moment my heaviest week mileage is 39. Very happy with variety prepared by Sam. Ill hopefully be able to share my first training week if not more when my forum page is up and running.

Is everyone ready for the last working week before Xmas? Any more Xmas parties planned?
Edited: 16/12/2012 at 20:26
16/12/2012 at 20:30

Alex, Ady - great to meet you guys 'properly' today!

16/12/2012 at 20:33
great hearing from you guys!
seren nos    pirate
16/12/2012 at 20:36

just a word of a warning to those having a different kind of shoe to what they normally have..............be caerful and listen to your body.............

in the past the asics team have changed the shoes for all the runners and a few have gone on to develop injuries very quickly from the change.........

if you have been having problems and lots of injuries and niggles recently then it would make sense to change...........

but if you ahve been running injury free with what you are wearing at the momnet..........i would be very very reluctant to change now when you are in your peak training months.............

if it ain't broke don't fix it...............you might lose out on a shiny new pair of shoes but the physio costs and lose of training might add up to a hell of a lot.....

so if you change go carefully and look out for any problems that might occur......

i hope that this year none of you suffer from this problem............so does it all start tomorrow

seren nos    pirate
16/12/2012 at 20:40

39 seems very low ady.......did they explain the reasoning and research into going for a low mileage schedule as appossed to the normal ones..................even slow runners usually hitaround 50..

in the past the wisdom was that the long run never takes up more than half of your weekly total.........i am interested in the research into these new schedules and where they have been used and the success rate

16/12/2012 at 20:40

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/644249/gallery/sarah_santa_0.jpg?width=350

Me and a fellow maltby runner before the start of the race. Unfortunately no action shots!

16/12/2012 at 20:41

Sounds like you had a fabulous day guys. Really glad that you enjoyed it and have taken alot of advice home with you. Lets hope its the start of good things to come.

16/12/2012 at 20:41

Hi Seren, was chatting to Katie from RW today - she was telling me lots of nice things about you

Thanks for the advice - will see how it goes in the new shoes!

Yep, training starts tomorrow - can't wait to get out there

16/12/2012 at 21:02

If you've been injury free as a runner you'd have to be certifiable to change footwear strategy at this point.

Shady - what's your mileage been like for the last 8 weeks?

Edited: 16/12/2012 at 21:03
16/12/2012 at 21:02
Nice shot Sarah. Was there a prize for best outfit

Seren Nos. Thanks also for the advice. I can see where you're coming from. I was using New Balance before today but watching the videos of the different shoes including the over-pronation shoes, the advisor showed that these were causing more issues with how my foot was landing.

While it might have been correcting a tiny issue on my right foot, it was creating issues on my left foot. I'm having to give them a shot but like all niggles that come along ill assess them properly and choose the best preventative action.

My mileage has also been increased quite considerably as well. I was expecting more but I am more than happy to put my trust in this plan and what's been devised. Ill probably be able to discuss this more when my plan is made available on my forum page. First week though my weekly mileage is 26 over 4 days with 2 days of cross training.

Steve.......very nice to meet you, Alex, Mel and Sarah again too.....even if you were getting to the few medium items on the shelves quicker than me Definitely need to start my speed work
16/12/2012 at 21:07
Moraghan.......mileage has been around the 25-30 mile mark. I did Athens Marathon at the start of November so had a couple of rest week afterwards and easier weeks beforehand. Just moved back up to 25-30 which is my normal weekly mileage when not training for a marathon.
1,921 to 1,940 of 4,103 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.