ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

1,941 to 1,960 of 4,103 messages
16/12/2012 at 21:12

Thanks, what's your average mileage during typical marathon training?

Good luck and congratulations on winning.

16/12/2012 at 21:18

Love the pic Sarah - looking good!

Re new shoes, luckily mine are similar to what I had before - having watched the vids of my gait back for about 20mins (they were taking soooo many photos!!), they really do seem to help my gait a lot so fingers crossed they will work out ok...

Ady, was nice to all get together! The sizes were all over the place, weren't they?? I've come home with things in S, M and L!!

Edited: 16/12/2012 at 21:19
16/12/2012 at 21:29
Sounds like a great day. That 3D Gait Analysis sounds really interesting, I've been thinking about getting a full on biomechanics checkup as I've had a few issues with my knees in the past, one of which still hasn't recovered from the other week
16/12/2012 at 21:42

Grinchy (awesome),

It was an amazing bit of kit - apparently it costs 7 grand a pop (and the Oxford St store has four of them!!).

I have some photos of the results that I'll post on the new threads we're starting this week - it really is interesting (if you don't mind looking at my feet!)

16/12/2012 at 21:58
Sounds good Santa, now, is that ??7k for the equipment or to use it! I'll keep an eye out for the photo's, looking forward to seeing your training plan too!

Going to sign off for a bit as struggling to concentrate on sports personality...
Edited: 16/12/2012 at 21:58
16/12/2012 at 22:08

Glad to hear you had a BRILL day out you 5 . Looking forward to the training blogs and photos (SLB and co) in a few days.

Well done  Paul & STTO!! We'll definitely be seeing so much more coming from both of you in the near future. DSanta2 that's sounding like pretty impressive pace that you've got going there already!

I've decided after much toing and froing and with a bit of a sad heart not to enter the F6 as I think I will enjoy and be much more useful and suited to supporting and encouraging you all in the Forum 6 and Asics 5 so you definitely won't be hearing the last from me  I've got a place for the '13 VLM so you can bet I'll be asking y'all for advice along the way! Lots & lots of love xox Caroline alias CaroT alais CarroT

Edited: 16/12/2012 at 22:10
16/12/2012 at 22:47

Grinchy.......loving the name change! I definitely found it useful........especially when they compared the different trainers I'd ran in next to each other on the computer screen. Could really see the difference this way.

Moraghon....in the past I've gone up to about 48 miles (but that's the heaviest mileage week and with less tempo and speed work).

Steve........I'm exactly the same........Mrs. Shady_Ady wants me to put a picture of me in the red muscle top on here.......not a chance! 

Early start tomorrow followed by a sober XFM Winter Wonderland tomorrow night. Night all!

Caroline.........Sorry to hear you aren't entering Forum 6, but happy to hear you'll be supporting everyone in Forum 6 and Asics 5. Hopefully they'll be some tips that'll get you a new PB in VLM. 

16/12/2012 at 23:03

Thanx Shady

16/12/2012 at 23:06

Wow Paul!! That's amazing - well done!

Had a fab day today although apparently I have a very strange gait! (Knew I should have admitted to having a wooden leg Couldn't believe the kit I was given - kept expecting someone to stop me as I walked out of the door with it!

We've been asked to start new threads each rather than keep the voting ones open so I'll put a run down of my training plan on there when I get it so you've an idea of what's going on.

I'm going to be training for a sub 3:30 so I'll have a few minutes leeway with the GFA for Boston!

Can't quite believe that this time last year I hadn't even entered my first marathon! ... or half!

17/12/2012 at 00:07
I didnt shady but some how I managed to aquire a bottle of wine!

Looking forward to reading your new threads.
17/12/2012 at 00:26
Too much to read here - I will have to catch up tomorrow. Today has been taken up laying the necessary foundations for tomorrow's hangover which, at the moment, is looking like being immense.

Hic.
Edited: 17/12/2012 at 00:27
17/12/2012 at 07:41

Hi everyone Londron trip sounds great be good to here about everyone's training plans

DSanta, glad to here you had a better weekend manage 10 miles on Saturday so will get some speed work in this week!

17/12/2012 at 08:42

good morning everyone- all set to start the trainng???

CarroTs by Candlelight wrote (see)

Glad to hear you had a BRILL day out you 5 . Looking forward to the training blogs and photos (SLB and co) in a few days.

Well done  Paul & STTO!! We'll definitely be seeing so much more coming from both of you in the near future. DSanta2 that's sounding like pretty impressive pace that you've got going there already!

I've decided after much toing and froing and with a bit of a sad heart not to enter the F6 as I think I will enjoy and be much more useful and suited to supporting and encouraging you all in the Forum 6 and Asics 5 so you definitely won't be hearing the last from me  I've got a place for the '13 VLM so you can bet I'll be asking y'all for advice along the way! Lots & lots of love xox Caroline alias CaroT alais CarroT

Caroline, sorry to hear that but I have also decided not to enter the Forum 6 Things at work have changed in the last couple of weeks, It looks like I will be going for a new job in mid February, so should put my energies into that.

I am still running, and will be supporting everyone here all the way. Will do an autumn marathon for definate (possibly Chicago??)

17/12/2012 at 09:01

"Clivey" - nice!

Rightski, hangover has moved down to defcon 3 but please, no loud noises or shouting this morning, still very fragile here.

Really great to hear about Sunday - thanks for coming and posting about it. I agree, the 3D thing sounds quite amazing. I might have to pop in and check it out.

Best of luck on training kick off day. Sounds like they are easing you in Ady

What's this about a red muscle top? 

17/12/2012 at 10:43

I see Mel has her new thread up!

PS. RRR - you won the name contest! Can't believe I didn't spot the Christmas link. I now have enough options to last me a lifetime.

17/12/2012 at 12:26

Whoa lots going on on here. Had a weekend of not posting as sooooooooo busy.

Q: how do you calm overexcited 3 year olds down at this time of year?

Malcs I've think I got your secret santa present sorted yesterday. Will post a picture later tonight.

17/12/2012 at 12:42
Rudolf the Reg nose reindeer wrote (see)

That's easy, just tell them you've cancelled Christmas. Problem solved...

17/12/2012 at 12:48
GrinchyMcQueen wrote (see)
Rudolf the Reg nose reindeer wrote (see)

That's easy, just tell them you've cancelled Christmas. Problem solved...

OK, just called home and told him Christmas is cancelled!

How do I stop the crying?

seren nos    pirate
17/12/2012 at 12:59

can't believe they are making you set up your own threads.in the past the RW team have done it so they are uniform and easy to find.......i struggled to find the couple that have been set up.........I'm sure there is a reason for it.............

but after the best pre winners campaign ever ... i hope that it doesn't fizzle out with poor management and bad training plans that the majority will be unable or unwilling to follow...........

there are some great winners here so i hope that the next 16 weeks continues to do them credit....

17/12/2012 at 13:07

Seren - I will happily set up my own thread and make it easy to find if you select me for the Forum 6 

1,941 to 1,960 of 4,103 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.