ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

1,961 to 1,980 of 4,090 messages
17/12/2012 at 13:32
Rudolf the Reg nose reindeer wrote (see)

Malcs I've think I got your secret santa present sorted yesterday. Will post a picture later tonight.

Ooh, ooh - and I thought the excitement was all over! 

17/12/2012 at 13:36

Clive - you seem to be struggling for a xmas name - how about 'Nacliverty'

17/12/2012 at 15:12

Asics 5 peeps - which half marathon are you entered into as part of the competition?

17/12/2012 at 18:21
Evening all. I'm a little behind with reading through the posts today. Sam has pencilled me in to run the Dorney Lake Race Your Pace Half Marathon in February.

Feeling left out now with all the festive names flying around!
A.W
17/12/2012 at 18:33

Evening. Its hard to keep up with all the threads going at the same time! I need more imagination and find myself a suitable festive name!!

Not sure about the half marathon, I think Steve/I will try and find one that fits in with the races I already have in the diary. Need to have a look at the choices!

A.W
17/12/2012 at 18:35

Ah, for some reason I thought you were all going to be doing the same race. Would have been nice to all meet up.

Are you not allowed to change your name? I can't see why not. 

17/12/2012 at 18:57

Hey Guys!

Reg - The trick for christmas eve is to track santa on the internet! he moves so quick, I have never managed to get the kids home and into bed so quickly!

17/12/2012 at 20:15

It would be cool for all of us 5 to do the same half ... shall we see if we can coordinate? I'm happy to travel!

The Christmas names are fab especially ChristMalcs Cracker

17/12/2012 at 20:26

Tigger - nice trick, I will use that one last year. Sounds alot safer than pumping them full of Calpol.

RRR - what the devil is Bacon eating in that photo on your thread? Looks suspiciously pastry based 

Steve - are you sure you picked up the right programme and not a menu for Greggs?

17/12/2012 at 20:47

Hi guys,

Sorry for the radio silence! Been a bity of a mad day at work, up at half 5 this morning and only got home about an hour ago... but just got back from my first training run and will set my shiny new thread this evening.

Malcs, it was... bacon substitute. Scouts honour,

I've got the Watford Half Marathon marked in on my training plan as a potential race...

seren nos    pirate
17/12/2012 at 20:49

i thought last year all the shortlisted ones had a free entry to the same half so that you could all meet up again.........

i am a bit baffled as to why the coaches/ mentors haven't made an appearance.......in the past they were always on the threads form day 1 taking charge and clarifying training schedules etc..............

the only exception is the year Bud was a mentor and they forgot to tell him that part of that was to visit the forums daily giving out help and advice...........after a couple of crap weks they brought ina  replacement..........

a brilliant coach apparantley but not comfortable in the forum ....

sp where are the coaches............maybe they are trying to work out how the hell they are going to make the asics schedules work

17/12/2012 at 20:50

evening all! it's been a long long day....home now n trying to catch up with everyone. Have all the 5 target 26.2 threads started.. cos I can't find steve??

17/12/2012 at 20:55

Hi Jen, sorry been out literally all day and only just in this evening... will be up before I go and get my beauty sleep, promise...

17/12/2012 at 20:59

Hi steve! I've been looking at marathon plans on n off all day today..... want to see yours

Edited: 17/12/2012 at 21:00
17/12/2012 at 21:34

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/263237/gallery/picture2.jpg?width=350

Specially designed for us Malcs, only problem is when i went back to the shop today they has sold out. Darn it

17/12/2012 at 21:58
jinglebellsjen wrote (see)

Hi steve! I've been looking at marathon plans on n off all day today..... want to see yours

He'll show you his Jen if....hang on, no, I can't possibly sink that low.

Reg - this is a disaster. Worse stull it was on special offer! I bet it was the other Martin - he bought up the whole supply just to spit us. 

17/12/2012 at 22:05

I knew I laid myself open for that one Malcs!

Has anyone else chosen a plan yet or are we all waiting on the asics 5?? I did buy myself a nice page a day diary to write it all in today,

17/12/2012 at 22:10

Haha wait til you see the photos of the new leggings!! 

Finally got round to getting the thread up and running

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/spring-marathon/target-262---first-timer-steves-journey-to-paris/235810.html

17/12/2012 at 22:21
Reg - The trick for christmas eve is to track santa on the internet! he moves so quick, I have never managed to get the kids home and into bed so quickly!

Thank you tigger, I'm on this, although i do like the calpol route.
18/12/2012 at 07:23
seren nos yn canu wrote (see)

the only exception is the year Bud was a mentor and they forgot to tell him that part of that was to visit the forums daily giving out help and advice...........after a couple of crap weks they brought ina  replacement..........

a brilliant coach apparantley but not comfortable in the forum ....

That really was an awful start.  I felt sorry for USB for getting no mentoring, but I also felt sorry for Bud who clearly had no idea what was expected of him in the forums.  It all turned very vitriolic, which didn't help anyone.   Steve and Sam have been brilliant.  I've had a lot of great feedback from Sam, and she really took an interest in the runner's on the threads (not only the official Asics runners).   The Asics team were much more successful last year than the Lucozade teams of previous years, so they have a lot to live up to this year .  It will be very interesting to see if the change of training plans is a good or a bad move.  
1,961 to 1,980 of 4,090 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.