ASICS Target 26.2 - 2013

A great prize & challenge

1 to 20 of 4,093 messages
28/10/2012 at 01:12

I can personally vouch that this is a top quality experience. What I have learned this year and gained from this experience will stay with me forever!! For those unaware of this competiton get yourself registered and apply for it. Be genuine in your application and get on the forums to build up your presence.The coaching for Steve Smythe, Sam Murphy, Ruth Mc Kean, Sarah Connors & Victor are worth their weight in gold.

I loved my time doing this and the the wealth of knowledge, experience, generiousity involved just goes beyond anything you could imagine. I wish I could do it all again! For those lucky 5 that get picked I am soo jealous and pleased for you. If in doubt just apply, you have nothing to loose.

This is a true, genuine runner's experience - enjoy the whole process !

28/10/2012 at 17:45

Just read about this in this months magazine, tried to register my interest, but tells me the competition has ended

28/10/2012 at 18:47

I had the same problem - gutted

28/10/2012 at 23:51

From memory there was an online application last year which I think went up after. It looks like by doing the register your interest you get a chance to win a pair of ASICS shoes. Competition hasn't ended as it hasn't started!

29/10/2012 at 07:44

Just completed the Town Moor marathon, and hungry for the next one! Registered my interest yesterday, this is an incredible opportunity!

mcs
29/10/2012 at 15:05

Dont think they go in for mature chaps of 50 though it would be nice to get to Paris and us more mature runners have more cash apparently Asics if you are reading this you need an older chaps presence.........

29/10/2012 at 17:58

Working now!

29/10/2012 at 23:48

Good luck to all those that apply.

02/11/2012 at 14:30
Good luck to everyone who applies. I have put my name in the hat as a first timer to try and help me break my mental barrier about being able to complete a marathon. Would be even better to do it with a bunch of like minded runners to share such an experience!
02/11/2012 at 17:47
I registered the other day when it came up on my email account , seems a great opportunity to get some proper training and support , some great prizes on offer as well as the marathon entry it self , good luck to everyone who enters and might see you at the camp stage if we get picked !
03/11/2012 at 22:03

It sounds such a great opportunity to learn! I sent my entry today. Good luck people!

04/11/2012 at 00:08

mcs  - go for it again dude! I think you would be an excellent candidate.

05/11/2012 at 19:04
I have to try and stop thinking about it - I so want to know if I am through to the next stage!
05/11/2012 at 20:44

to knight rider,  What happens at the boot camp stage?  I have applied.  Fingers croosed for me.  It will be a dream come true

05/11/2012 at 20:51

to knight rider,  What happens at the boot camp stage?  I have applied.  Fingers croosed for me.  I will be running my first marathon in May.  Could do with lots of help lol

05/11/2012 at 21:25

It's a certainly nail biting week Heather waiting to find out.

Hi Jen, don't want to spoil it too much, but it's a good day out meeting the other runners and coaches. You can also pick up some good tips too as they give you a few running based tests to do. It's not meant to be too competitive as they aren't necesarily looking for the fastest runners etc, but more the individual and their story/aspirations.

Good luck!

06/11/2012 at 11:02

I think it would be pretty exciting just to get to the bootcamp stage! To have access to coaches who can set you in the right direction for this type of event would be an amazing experience. Now like Heather I must put this to the back of my mind now and try to keep my expectations in check. Did they tell you how many people entered last year Knight Rider?

06/11/2012 at 22:02
I've put my application in. Now just to wait ... And hope! Good luck to everyone ... Except those in my category of course
06/11/2012 at 22:20
I've just entered as they say you've to be in it to win it. Good luck you never know!
06/11/2012 at 23:45

Ant B1 - you're right, you have to enter to have a chance!

Warbs, I think there was something like 1600 - 1800 applicants last year. The experience was fantastic and it's good to go into it with an open mind and take on board all the advice. The bootcamp was a brilliant experience in itself, just meeting other runners after the same goal and all very nice peeps too.

RunnyRunRun - the waiting is the worst part!

1 to 20 of 4,093 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.