asics target 26.2 vote Jenny

i 'd love a new PB

21 to 40 of 81 messages
07/12/2012 at 06:43
Hi Jenf, haven't spoken for a bit. How's the campaigning going? I see you are still all talking about granola bars!!!
07/12/2012 at 07:00
morning Ds2. was just thinking about all my fellow bootcampers! can you believe one week ago we were on our merry way to bootcamp.

I'm still replaying in mind all the stuff we learnt there. It really wetted my appetite to work on pacing etc I found it a good exercise trying to do laps in strict time to the second. I'm still having to work hard on doing a bridge without using my back muscles though!
07/12/2012 at 07:50
as I said yesterday I can't access www at work, but I'll pop back in lunchtime. please leave questions comments. thanks
07/12/2012 at 08:06
That's what I need.....I don't tend to get the time to bake/cook so I need all the help I can get!
seren nos yn canu    pirate
07/12/2012 at 09:04

Morning

i appreciate that you can't pop in at work......so your lunchtime question is

what do you hope to gain from the forums and what do you think you can give to the forums 

07/12/2012 at 12:28

Hi Seren, Well...

Gain; I have already gained more confidence from the forum. My weakness is being over cautious - I do tend to hold back, but everyone has been so encouraging and supportive.I really appreciate all the advice I've picked up so far, and whether I  get through or not I hope to continue doing this.

Give; I'd like to think by sharing my day to day training, highs and lows, that other 'newer', 'slower', 'older' runners will realise that a marathon goal is achievable to anyone prepared to put in the training. Whatever happens I plan to support the final 5 in any way I can through the forum.

Right I'm off for a quick walk around the forum and try catch up..

07/12/2012 at 16:27
yeh ! it's Friday! n I got to finish work early time to chill out for a bit then off out for the eve.

Friday is my 1 rest day from running or anything called training , but it's not complete rest cos I run a youth club...I could be doing anything this eve!
07/12/2012 at 19:36

I hope you have enjoyed your rest day.

A youth club - good luck!!!

07/12/2012 at 21:47

well I'm back in one piece DS2...hand ball tonight! Great kids!

07/12/2012 at 21:50

Good on you - I still have fond memories of attending youth club myself.

What ages are they?

07/12/2012 at 22:05

11 - 16 yr olds. They shriek a lot still !

07/12/2012 at 22:08
Hi Jen, I was in your group at boot camp. I have just made your granola bars with my 7 year old boy, so easy to make! We will be taking them to park run with us next week! Good luck in the competition. I would be really interested in reading your training plans and notes on the forum if you get through. As you say above you are representative of a lot of 'newer' and 'slower' runners and I think a lot of forum readers would be interested in following your progress. Kind regards, Rosemarie x
07/12/2012 at 22:15

Hi Rose, I remember you! It was such a good day last friday..I met so many lovely people. Good to hear from you,please do stay in touch on this thread. I'm glad you liked the granola bars, they are my staple running fuel.

08/12/2012 at 07:50
good morning!

I love Saturday cos I get to run with others. As mentioned in my blurb, a few of my friends now run. We meet every Sat morning, run for about an hour, then have cup of tea n chat together. It's a beautiful morning here...so time to make porridge for breakfast.
08/12/2012 at 08:47
Finally getting the chance to catch up looking at everyone's threads. Good luck! Your granola bars have been discussed frantically. My wife was going to cook some cookies over the weekend so I've pointed her to your recipe to see what all the fuss is about
08/12/2012 at 09:15

Thanx for your kind post Jen. I've been feeling the same about you and sad we're in the same group. I know that your family & friends must be VERY proud of you and all that you've achieved in such a short space of time. As Running Rose said You DO represent a lot of "newer" runners and "slower" (although NOT FOR LONG with your many PB's to come!) and I agree that I think you would have a lot of followers. Enjoy your day with friends after the youth club last night

08/12/2012 at 13:17

Had a lovely lovely run this morn, v cold n a bit slip under foot, so we just took it steady, (not slow as coach Sam told us at bootcamp. I liked that.. I'm not a slow runner.. I'm a steady runner )

08/12/2012 at 17:50

Hi Jenf. I'm a  new and VERY 'steady' runner, ( love that positive definition!! ). I'd be interested to know what you think you could gain from the experience if you got through, in order to help you reach your new pb. Also, any tips on how to build up speed?

08/12/2012 at 18:26

Evening Jen! Hope you've had a good day! Your run along the coast sounded amazing!

09/12/2012 at 09:12

Morning all!

Welcome to the forum Delyth,  If I get through the BEST experience will be running in Paris with the support of a great team! What I will gain along the way will be a whole wealth of experience from the RW/Asics coaches and pros, and being able to share that with lots of other like minded runners on a thread will be great. Hopefully by the end of the 16weeks they will be lots of us running faster and stronger!

Building speed....hmmm, thats what I need to find out and work on myself...so watch this space...I have a feeling it will involve a lot of hard work. I read once that to be a faster runner you have to run faster.

21 to 40 of 81 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.