asics target 26.2 vote Jenny

i 'd love a new PB

41 to 60 of 81 messages
09/12/2012 at 12:06

Thanks Jen. Look forward to hearing your tips as you get faster - which I'm sure you will whether you get through or not. Hopefull we'll be hearing about your new PB soon, be it Paris or wherever. All the best with the comp.

09/12/2012 at 13:36
jenf wrote (see)

Morning all!

Welcome to the forum Delyth,  If I get through the BEST experience will be running in Paris with the support of a great team! What I will gain along the way will be a whole wealth of experience from the RW/Asics coaches and pros, and being able to share that with lots of other like minded runners on a thread will be great. Hopefully by the end of the 16weeks they will be lots of us running faster and stronger!

Building speed....hmmm, thats what I need to find out and work on myself...so watch this space...I have a feeling it will involve a lot of hard work. I read once that to be a faster runner you have to run faster.

Hi Jenf . . . . i hope you are well this morning . . . yes I agree getting through will be the BEST experience running Paris, as for getting the training done I hope you are finding discussing our running with like minded people where we all have our goals very motivating and uplifting

Following what Steve Smythe has told use the speed will come I'm sure ( i need to improve my speed!)

09/12/2012 at 19:48
tony ..you are in a different class for speed one I dream of!

thanks for the good wishes delyth.

any newbies out there please feel free to ask questions. I can still remember that feeling of absolute elation when I ran my first mile without stopping. Now 3 yrs on I've run 2 marathons, n I ran the second one without stopping!

so set a goal, make a plan and go for it!
09/12/2012 at 20:00

oh yes that feeling!!!...amazing.....I took my 14 year old daughter out earlier today and she ran 3km without stopping and the look on her face was magic!!!.....might get her running marathons yet!!!!......x

09/12/2012 at 21:05

I ran a 5k race with my daughter this summer, It was brilliant. I agree, nothing beats that feeling of achievement.

10/12/2012 at 06:59
good morning!

I have so much adrenaline pumping through my body I've not slept s night through since bootcamp was announced!
10/12/2012 at 12:41

here is a thought for the day

'Much of ones capabilities lie within the mind' (Joe Simpson)

10/12/2012 at 12:47

Nice words. These are perfect for a marathon as mental toughness is about as important as physical toughness (that's what I've been told anyway!).

I have exactly the same problem....full of adrenaline, even after I've ran or worked-out.

10/12/2012 at 13:31
Green and white tigger wrote (see)

Seren these bars are seriously awesome! can not gush enough about them!!

+ 1

Gonna need to make some more soon!

10/12/2012 at 20:47

evening!

well I turned all that adrenaline into good use this eve at gym and achieved a PB heavy front squat  so together with my 10mile run yesterday at my new goal MP(just to see what it felt like) I am feeling gooooood!

10/12/2012 at 20:49

Apparently you say that these fabulous granola bars can last up to a week in an air tight container........ I think you must be lying!! Short of that my container lid doen't fit properly, it jumps off and the granola bars just happen to call to me each time I go into my kitchen! therefore I feel I must limit my baking as I will no longer be able to run more like wobble! although brutal circuits in the morning may be the key!?!

10/12/2012 at 21:11

Ha ha ha G&W...I have visions of granola bars jumping around your kitchen now!  I've taught mine to say ' hands off, unless you are running in an hour!' 

10/12/2012 at 21:13

GOD YOUR GOOOD!!!

10/12/2012 at 21:42

Nah! I just can't face brutal circuits!

10/12/2012 at 21:54

Ooo its good, boxing gloves, totally kick ass!!..... can't move my arms for days after but thats the point isn't it??

10/12/2012 at 21:59

actually I do like boxing... I like giving the heavy bag a pounding! 

10/12/2012 at 22:07

detemined to sleep tonight.. x

11/12/2012 at 07:01
thought for today

'it's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.'
11/12/2012 at 11:16

Wise words Jen! How did you sleep last night? If you can't sleep well after a session of power squats then you might have to see someone

11/12/2012 at 12:46

lol, thanks Malcs! I actually slept really well last night, so I'd recommend them

just popped in during lunch for a quick look around the forum to see what everyone is up to.. fairly quiet..People must actually be doing some work today

41 to 60 of 81 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.