asics target 26.2 vote Jenny

i 'd love a new PB

1 to 20 of 81 messages
05/12/2012 at 18:56

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself and give you all chance to find out more about me.

But first, I did promise that if I got through to this stage I would share my granola bar recipe.....so here it is. 

Jens granola bar

200g porridge oats, 200g mixed seeds, 100g dried fruit ( be imaginative, mango, cranberry, blueberries are good!)

100g butter, 100g light muscovado sugar, 3 tblsp honey melted together.

mix wet and dry ingedients, tip into a lined tin 18x25cm approx, press down lightly.  

Bake 30mins 160degee fan oven.

drizzle with dark choc (optional) remove from tin when cool, cut into squares, eat and enjoy. Simple!!

I started running 3 yrs ago, never having run before because I wanted a new challenge. I bought my first running shoes on my 50th bday. I started a run/walk programme that i'd read in RW and then entered a 10k race 4 months ahead and trained for that goal. the feeling as I crossed that finish line was amazing!I was hooked! I've gone on to run all distances, but I enjoy the discipline of marathon training the most. I've done 2 marathons,first in 4.40 and then 4 27. I'm really excited to see what I can achieve with help and support from RW/Asics. I look forward to being able to share my progress with the forum.

05/12/2012 at 19:09

Hi Jenf - you got my vote based on your enthusiasm and family conversion! Nothing to do with the yummy recipe honest

Good luck

05/12/2012 at 19:49

thanks sleepy bear.... I have more wicked recipes to share ......

05/12/2012 at 20:08

WHOOOO HOOOOOO VOTE FOR JENF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would write more only off to bake!!

05/12/2012 at 21:08

amazing granolas....they definatly sealed my vote for you!!!!..... x

06/12/2012 at 07:04
morning please feel free to comment/ask questions,
I'm unable to access www during work so will pop back in during my lunchtime, so
please don't think I'm ignoring you.

thanks Mel
Edited: 06/12/2012 at 07:04
seren nos    pirate
06/12/2012 at 07:39

what is your favourite runnersworls thread..........and will all votes get your granola bars

06/12/2012 at 08:03

Seren these bars are seriously awesome! can not gush enough about them!!

06/12/2012 at 08:13

I like you already - there's nothing worse than waiting around for responses not knowing when someone'll be online.

Gotta go - the oven's on preheat!

06/12/2012 at 12:16

Hi Seren, my favourite RW thead at the moment has to be the Asics26.2-2013 started by Knight rider. The guys I met on there prior to bootcamp, and everyone on there now are just great! I do like dipping into new discussions aswell though and putting my answers in to random questions on gear, yoga, infections etc!

With regards to granola bars... I always take a supply to events...and I'm always willing to share   and I'll be happy to supply any Llanelli event upon request!

Hi G&W, Sleepy Bear, how did the bars turn out then??

06/12/2012 at 13:15

Hi jenf. I only met you briefly at BC on the track after the "photo" lap round the track I think? It's you and me and against the boys!!! Please can we be / stay friends no matter what . All the very best! You have a very inspirational story. Loving the first running shoes buy on your 50th! xox

06/12/2012 at 16:35

Hi JenF! Didn't have as much chance to catch up with you at bootcamp (read: eat your food) as I would have liked! Hope campaigning is going well and you still have fingernails left!!

06/12/2012 at 19:50

evening all    just in from work, followed by a great session in gym, does anyone else like playing in the heavy wts corner? As well as loving running I get great satisfaction from lifting wts.

I'm just off for a walk around the forum now......

06/12/2012 at 20:01
jenf wrote (see)

I'm just off for a walk around the forum now......

Jenf - turning into almost a second full-time job, isn't it?!

Everyone is being so nice and engaging with us, can't believe it!

06/12/2012 at 20:01
CaroT wrote (see)

Hi jenf. I only met you briefly at BC on the track after the "photo" lap round the track I think? It's you and me and against the boys!!! Please can we be / stay friends no matter what . All the very best! You have a very inspirational story. Loving the first running shoes buy on your 50th! xox

Wish we could "like" posts on here!

06/12/2012 at 20:06

I've thought the same myself steve!

06/12/2012 at 21:15

Hey! me too! sometimes so many posts get posted that by the time you have read them you have forgotten what was said in the first or is that just me......

oh and homemade granola bars are the future!! whats next????

06/12/2012 at 21:40
hi tigger. . how's it going? can't believe that this time last week we'd not met!
06/12/2012 at 22:31
My job for tomorrow....buy ingredients to make these infamous granola bars. I just hope mine are as tasty as I've heard yours are!
07/12/2012 at 02:46
can't sleep.. my mind is buzzing!

forgot to say on your thread Caro that after buying my trainers I drove to the sea front , ran 20mins to the best icecream shop in the world, had a sundae, then ran back. best birthday ever!

RRR. .if we both get through I''ll keep you supplied with granola bars!

happy baking Sarah! it's a foolproof recipe .
1 to 20 of 81 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.