Asics training starts now...!!

Here we go......

461 to 466 of 466 messages
10/04/2013 at 12:15

A huge congrats Mel that is an amazing time. I hope you are now basking in the sunshine. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed Paris experience and that was really my key worry as I have often doubted my ability in shorter runs. I dug deep when I started getting blisters at 15 miles and when the quads were aching but I just told myself its going to be tough so keep working. The crowds got me through it but I also have to say thinking of your story and I made it.. In under my real target of 5 hours....4.51 and am so happy that it was such a great experience.  Enjoy the rest and thank you for sharing your running story over the past few months. S x

10/04/2013 at 19:27

Hi Mel,

Have yourself a great holiday! I will say it once again but you really are an exceptional person. Well done on reaching your goal, you set out to achieve a goal at the most difficult time of your life and not only did you achieve it, you did it with such grace.

Best of luck and I will think of you and your girls often.

Ruth

10/04/2013 at 20:55

Have a great holiday Mel. And don't put those running shoes on until Sunday at the earliest! You've got my email, so please do stay in touch and maybe come and do a race down the coast a little way sometime - would love to see you xx

13/04/2013 at 19:58
I dragged myself away from the sun for half an hour to touch base!!!!.... All your kind words have left me a little tearful in the hotel lobby!!!.... I guess I have the time now to reflect on the last 6 months and how it could have gone..... I guess its just hit me how much Runners world really took a gamble on me , as I was such an "unknown"....... Thank goodness I didn't let then down!!!!.....

Yes Sam most certainly I will keep in touch..... It would be an absolute pleasure!!!!....Let me know of any races near you that you are doing..... I would love to join you and your running group......!!
Have to confess I have been out in the mornings since thursday just for a 2 mile jog.....couldn't quite leave it a whole week..... But taking it really gentle!!!!...

Thank you Ruth for being so lovely..... And let me know when you have the next addition to your family!!!!!..... I'm a sucker for good news!!!!!....... X

And Sarah physio..... Thank you also for being so lovely!!!!.... Whenever I watch silent witness I think of you!!!!!......and of course when I'm using my foam roller!!!!

Sarah 6..... Well done!!!!!.... That was fabbbbb!!!!!!..... I'm so pleased I could drag someone through a tough time..... Funny what resources we use!!!!....

And a massive good luck to all the lovely arunners...... And everyone else running brighton tomorrow.....!!!!!.... You know I would be there if I could..... But that pesky sun bed just won't let me!!!!....

The beer is calling.... I have been upright for far too long!!!!!...
Edited: 13/04/2013 at 20:02
14/04/2013 at 21:15
Hey Mel, hope you're having a good time in the sun and still basking in the glow of your marathon success. Less than a week to go for me now....x
23/04/2013 at 13:02

hey wiggly....dont know if you will come onthis thread.....but if you do, I was wondering how you got on Sunday!!????.....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
461 to 466 of 466 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.