Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

1 to 20 of 4,502 messages
27/04/2012 at 13:32

Hi Folks,

As discussed on previous threads, have started this one so we can organise two/three and sometimes four conversations into one discussion thread. 

And thanks for following us over the past few months... Really appriciate it.

27/04/2012 at 13:41
Hi Bo Duke! What a great idea! I hope to be able to be a little more active on this thread! How are you feeling after the marathon? Have you managed to convince your partner to run the marathon du medoc? 
27/04/2012 at 13:54

Hi Emmy: Feeling good now thanks. You? The medoc: not a chance, but off to a lodge type place for a holiday this year instead.  Oh well, Brighton is on for next year instead. 

27/04/2012 at 14:07
Yippeee - found ya!
mcs
27/04/2012 at 14:41

I'm in to say hello.  Big run this afternoon at 4pm as busy weekend on. Need to do 21 eeekkkkk getting twitchy........

All men are of the same mould, but some are mouldier than others.

27/04/2012 at 14:46

Yea, gathering the gang again! 'Ello Sleepy

Good luck on the run tonight MCS.

27/04/2012 at 15:00

auviour?

short for Au Revoir i presume? 

27/04/2012 at 15:11
Bo - see you didn't pick up any French lessons while doing the marathon!! great idea to go to one thread though - are Colin and Lee staying on theirs?
27/04/2012 at 15:11
27/04/2012 at 15:24
Clearly, failed French at GCSE... Oh well... What can you do? Oh yea, try harder... And not be dyslexic... Even worse in someone else's language...

Think the idea is shared for who ever wants to use it.
27/04/2012 at 15:31

There's a time and place for grammar and spelling pedantry - this is not it! We know what you mean Bo so don't worry!

Go mcs Go!  Happy daydreaming in the latter stages - hope you've got some goodies for your pocket?

I'm a happy bunny as I've just had a new kit delivery - mine's all in the wash and unlikely to dry in the rain but thanks to postie - Cinderella shall go to the parkrun!  Yay!

Off to do my second treadmill sesh now - decided to split today into 2 to keep boredom at bay.  I shall save my drenchings for tomorrow and Sunday by which point I will have dry kit (not that there's much point as it'll just get wet again LOL)

Happy Friday everyone ...

27/04/2012 at 15:44
Bo - no worries with the French, crazy language anyway !! good luck with parkrun in the morning SB, tell all after - mcs, i've almost forgotten what its like to do long runs as i'm enjoying my taper so much; can feel the fitness oozing in, least i think its fitness !! 
Scuba Trooper    pirate
27/04/2012 at 16:01
Hi all

Just wondering whether you would recommend Paris for a spring marathon in 2013. I did London this year and last year and was looking for a different experience for spring 2013. I would be aiming to break 3:30 having done 3:42 and 3:37 at London.

Whats the course, organisation and spectator support like?
27/04/2012 at 16:25

Hiya Bo Duke - that's a shame - next year? I'm doing well - completed London and now have a colleague trying to convince me to run Paris - would you recommend it?

How has your recovery been? Are you still out running?

27/04/2012 at 16:41

Hello everyone, this is a great idea BD, I shall hang around here now if that's OK.  I think the speling error is in keeping and glad it's there .

Scuba Trooper, yep I would recomend, the course is flat, apart fromt he dreaded under passes, of which there are 4 in quick succesion at about miles 16-17 (correct me if I'm wrong as I was lacking faculties by that stage), the wind made it trickier, however I ran a 10min PB so it suggests it's not slow.

Just completed my first hardish session since Paris 12 x 19sec strides followed by 500m at 5km pace...there is some pace left but it was tricky.  Rain was fun felt like I was a duck at times especially as the wey has burst it's banks so running on the flood plain is out...is it treadmills now or are others braving the rain too?

mcs
27/04/2012 at 19:32
Hi guys forcing some tea down after 21.22 miles in 3.08 bit fast and a positive split but made it. Four weeks to go to Edi. Great to see you guys getting back to it
mcs
27/04/2012 at 19:36
Why do we mortals try to run marathons? Cliff Shot blocks are good and an sis gel but stomach bit iffy tonight. Maybe running at four is abit of a strange time to run........have a good weekend all. Get up the Monsal Trail if ever you are in Derbyshire bootiful route to run.
mcs
27/04/2012 at 19:38
Not stop raining all week here C.......
27/04/2012 at 19:44
Hi all, just pulling up a chair and getting comfy.

Great running mcs!

I'm off to learn dinghy sailing with a bunch of teenagers tomorrow. Did another Pilates class today and an hour on the bike, no running yet.

Love the spelling.
28/04/2012 at 00:12
Ive been told that to run 13 is too far this weekend and that I should be resting. planning on six instead ... what do you think?
1 to 20 of 4,502 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.