Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

2,001 to 2,020 of 4,505 messages
06/11/2012 at 11:15

Sleepy - congrats on posting the 2000'th message on this little forum

06/11/2012 at 12:36

Yay me - just had a celebratory doughnut

Sore throat was a bit sore outside this morning - maybe my cold's not quite gone then!  But then, there is ice on the puddles so cold air's not gonna be the best test LOL

I'm sure I'll live - back to bike riding tomorrow - hope the road's less icy!  Looks like it's due to warm up as the week goes on - who's racing next weekend then?

Me & oscarr - Datchet xc

anyone else?

06/11/2012 at 12:43

I'm combatting withdrawal symptoms by booking an 18 mile organised training run next March, because it fits in nicely with my marathon mileage plan (sandwiched between 22m and 20m runs ).

06/11/2012 at 13:11

I liked the Numbus shoes and they fitted very well. Did you know ASICS do an extra wide fitting (4E) - neither did I? For years I have struggled to find the right fitting shoe as they were either a  bit too long or right length but too tight on the width. I tried the Excel 33's too Oscsr and like them. I tend to just race in them.

Which reminds me, must go out and buy some new shoes for marathon training!

mcs
06/11/2012 at 14:18

Ten get up to Grindleford Gallop March 9th a nice training run a Saturday race too so time to chill on Sunday..... WELCOME Matt.

07/11/2012 at 10:27

Morning all!

Ten - tell more - is it a club one or one some of us can join in? Where, when, spill, spill.  How's the bendy thing this morning?

Hey KR  - ooooh getting more nimbiiiiiiii?  Which marathon you going for next?

mcs - I can see you have a soft spot for that one LOL.  Do they only run it once a year?  Surely you're not gonna make me do a spring marathon so I can fit it in one year are you

07/11/2012 at 10:45

Thanks for putting that one on my radar mcs.  Any idea when it normally fills up?

SB - It's one of the training runs organised for next year's Milton Keynes marathon.  Approximately 18 miles on 17th March.  It's open to anyone, hence I've entered even though I won't be running the MK marathon next year.

The knee is fine.  It's not 100% as I can hear a slight "crackilng" sound in the morning, but it is much better than it was prior to the HM race.  I ran three easy miles on the treadmill yesterday, so it's holding up well.

Having taken part in the cold wet race on the weekend, I'm the only one in my family that doesn't have a cold at the moment.  That'll teach 'em for lying in bed on Sunday .  Still, with my luck, it's only a matter of time before I catch it.  Time for some zinc and extra vitamins.

07/11/2012 at 13:19

Going for Manchester in April SB.

Is there a list on here (I love lists) of who doing what and when? If not I'll start one...

07/11/2012 at 13:20

28.04.13 Manchester Marathon - Knight Rider

07/11/2012 at 18:42

Lists are always good...

18.05.13 Cape Wrath mara - SB and oscarr

22/23.06.13 The Wall - SB and oscarr

Think there are a few lining up for Brighton - who entered in the end??

Personally I'm sticking to one mara a year (not counting the wall as won't be running the whole way).  No I am - am still resisting temptation!

07/11/2012 at 19:16
SB, 2000th post, well done from America !

Tempted by the wall, will sit down and work out my 2013 running plan in the next 2 weeks. I have a place for Wokingham Half and Reading Half. will race Wokingham Half as i am training / pacing my.sister for her 1st half. Also i have a place for London, but would love to accept a 26.2 Paris spot!!

Its snowing here !

FH
mcs
07/11/2012 at 20:07

List

18.05.13 Cape Wrath mara - SB and oscarr

22/23.06.13 The Wall - SB and oscarr

09.03.12 Grindleford Gallop - MCS and Oscarr

23.03.12 Coniston 14 mcs, oscarr and Reiki and maybe Choisty to win it????

08/11/2012 at 07:20

Morning!

We'll be at Consiton too mcs - how could I forget that LOLOL

More strength work and an easy run today then massage tomorrow to ease the ensuing DOMS ready for the weekend.

Are you ever coming back FH?

08/11/2012 at 09:56
Anthony - great to see you at the track last night

Two more races for me;

22-25 nov 2012 - Cyprus Int Challenge
17 feb - Bramley 20m

Gorgeous morning here.
08/11/2012 at 10:13
Hi all I'm on a training course in combat techniques, totally awful.

SB how does that pace you mentioned translate, or compare with, say, MP?

Hoping to run home after I get beaten up a few more times.

I now have a race list for the VLM build up, should I post if here?

This weekend will just be doing a Park Run (hopefully)

Have been doing the glute medius exercises for the right side since Monday, and u swear they have eased my hip already. Also had astonishing massage on Tuesday.

Hi Matt!
08/11/2012 at 13:58

Hey Reiki - hope you're giving as good as you get!  You need to be able to keep yourself safe out there!

MEP (most efficient pace) is roughly about MP, MAP (mostly aerobic pace is just slightly slower - I spose ultra-ish pace as I have to walk sometimes to keep my pulse down) and SAP (speedy anaerobic pace) is 10k ish for me.  It's just another system for making sure you develop all round fitness really but with the emphasis on longer races.

Yes please - what ya got planned?

Astonishing?  Am intrigued - is that good or bad?

Still in one piece after my TRX session - did more upper body stuff today (cos I warned him I have a run on Sunday so I'd like to be able to walk LOL).  I was totally rubbish at suspended push ups but that's the whole point I guess - my yoga is certainly benefiting - am getting loads better at that!

08/11/2012 at 14:45
Legs a bit tight this morning - we did sprinting session at track last night which is first time for quite a few weeks the legs have gone that quick - 3 sets of 100 fast 100 rec 200 fast 200 rec 300 same 400 same. Just started Brain Training book and if he's right then last nights session should be done a lot more in base phase so will keep that in mind over the winter xc season - supplementing with weights and cond exs as well - bring it on!!!
08/11/2012 at 17:28

SB thanks for explaining - must say that if we are in normal speak Marathon Pace would not be my MEP, I'm sure I'm loads more foreverish considerably slower, 60 or 90 secs slower that is.

Astonishing massage is delivered by this guy I just discovered and who is two streets from my HOUSE! He gets toally stuck in to glutes every time, and targets problems rather than doing a once over like most. 

So far I'm finding this very effective.  He doesn't hold back, but I can trust that it's not actual damage he's doing, more the confidence that comes with experience. 

My sister just told me I'm having tui na tomorrow afternoon too, can't wait.

Races coming up...

08/11/2012 at 17:43

OK not counting the various XC Champs, SEAA etc, park runs, here's what I have signed up to so far :

02 Dec  Perivale 5

30 Dec  Buntingford 10

06 Jan  Tadworth 10

20 Jan  Fred Hughes 10

03 Feb  Watford Half

17 Feb  Brighton Half

03 Mar  Surrey Spitfire 20

10 Mar  Worthing 20 or MK Half or neither [the only 2 on the list I haven't entered yet]

17 Mar  Reading Half / Finchley 20 [date got changed]

23 Mar  Coniston 

31 Mar  Oakley 20

Any thoughts?  In particular, I'd like to know what you guys think for 10 and 17 March, bearing in mind that VLM is on 21 April. Finchley have offered a refund for changing dates on us.  

08/11/2012 at 19:29

Hi guys sorry for not posting I just havn't stopped traveling recently, still managed a race in UK Lordshill 10 last w/end in 57:05 so back on form at long last.  I will look though posts later as I just read the last couple of pages.  On races mine are:

Gosport HM in 10days
Stubbington 10k Jan 20
Bramley 20M (see you there Oscarr)
Salisbury 10M March
Eastliegh 10k March

VLM April 21ish

plus possibly

Gibbet
Grindleford Gallop
Wall

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.