Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

2,101 to 2,120 of 4,505 messages
13/11/2012 at 13:37

D'oh ... my credit card is already heavy with the kids Christmas presents....  must... resist...

13/11/2012 at 14:09

BoD  1:46 was a great time!  What time will you be training to run in the marathon... sub 3:45?

13/11/2012 at 14:23

Thanks Ten, don't worry, it's only plastic...  I think I'm gonna look at sub 3:45 and see how I go. I've signed up for Reading 1/2 as a prep race.

13/11/2012 at 16:26
Hi Bo, good to see you on here.
13/11/2012 at 16:28
Choisty - I may look at the CG to Overton 16 and use it as a training run for the Wall - its close enough for me and I like the idea of a long xc event and the timing of early April fits well.
13/11/2012 at 16:38

Thanks oscarr. Sorry about the Wall, spoke to Mrs BoD and she wasn't having any of that £170+ for a run malarkey... Looks like a great one that.

Oh well, following year maybe

mcs
13/11/2012 at 16:50

You have done amazing Bo to get down to 1.46 and to be aiming at 3.45 already respect. Still looking for a sub 4 here!!!  I knocked nearly 30 mins off from my no 1 to no 2 marathon so sure you can do the same.  Headtorch charged ready to roll home. Had to visit a factory this afternoon, shutting down, 50 jobs gone, had to go and get our kit out, not nice. Good evening all have a pleasant evening.

13/11/2012 at 17:04

MCS: You'll get there mate. I've not dropped the time yet, suspect it's gonna hurt...

Bummer with the jobs, really difficult situation at the moment. Gotta keep hanging on...

13/11/2012 at 17:25

Oscarr, it is a quality race my favourite on the calander, some ultra nutters have run up to the gibbet before running back as part of the race!

BoD, hows the training going?

13/11/2012 at 20:50
Choisty: it's going we'll mate. Trying to make sure I get my pacing right at the moment, been out for a 8 miler this morning and trying to remain consistent and build the mileage nice and easy like.

You?
13/11/2012 at 22:19

Thanks for the run report FH. I saw the nomination for the Reading sports personality and checked out the website - I was really impressed and didn't know it was you!
Bo - Nice to see you here. You've improved by leaps and bounds over the past year - I'm really impressed.
My (free) time has been spent  trying to set up a junior parkrun in Reading from scratch. There is quite a lot to do - getting all the required permissions, getting some coaches on board, getting 3,000 pounds of funding from the local community (unfortunately I can't just pay for it myself). But the legacy ought to be worth it.
Re running, did my first run today in nearly a week. Was feeling pretty poorly since last Thursday evening, which stopped me running the Datched XC over the weekend.
I'm looking forward to visiting the running club tomorrow night 

13/11/2012 at 22:32

AC8,  The secret is out !!  Where did you see th nomination ?  

FH

13/11/2012 at 22:39

Hi FH I read about you on the Reading Roadrunners facebook post on Saturday (and "liked" it) but had no idea it was you...

14/11/2012 at 07:28
AC8, that's funny, will catch up with you next time I'm down on a Wednesday, should be next Wednesday.

FH
mcs
14/11/2012 at 09:35

We have a star amongst us!!! Where do we vote??
Got home last night to find my 11 year old wanting to go running as doing cross country at school and she was in her footie boots as the school field is mud and slippy so she went out off and did 1.2 miles in a little over 10 mins.......I thought I might have put her off by making her run down Great Gable in the Lakes in driving rain.
Ageing seems to be the only available way to live a long life.

14/11/2012 at 12:52

BD, my view on pacing (until Steve got hold of me) was go out hard and wait for my ability to catch-up! took 7 years! I have a HM at the weekend but after that I 6 weeks of base building before starting in earnest for VLM

Ooooo FH can we vote??? I like a good vote and I'd rather vote for you than a police commisioner

14/11/2012 at 19:41
Choisty, your support knows no bounds! But you can't vote, sorry. If I get to boot camp I would love your support!

FH
15/11/2012 at 07:28
FH: just had a look at your site. Outstanding fella! You totally deserve to win that!!!

Choisty: it went target pace for two miles then 10-15 over for three then target for another three... Then wee in blokes house... Then BANG.... Rosie must have overtaken me when I was in some random blokes house, using his loo for the longest number one in history........ Oh the lack of dignaty is shocking.

On the upside, Beds half on 6h.

I've found a replacement for hill training! The flatlands here require me to jog to a flyover and run up and down the cycle path next to it. Now got some ankle weights... Did four mile this morning with a large bag of sugar strapped to each leg... Lactic acid!!!
15/11/2012 at 09:52

FH...you get through to the voting stage and I might clone myself to vote multiple times!  Still I did vote for a police commisioner, although I do think that politicians delegating the responibility to the electorate so they can avoid any bad press around law and order is not on and there should of been a box to keep the police authority.  Still I am sure politicians will take a pay cut to recognise there reduction in their responsibilities.  rant over

BD...never been a fan of ankle wieghts, just run faster on the flat as hill reps are about increasing VO2max

15/11/2012 at 10:05

FH - good luck with winning!  

AC8 - you'll be getting nominated next year for the efforts with the kids running.

BoD - you knocked on someone's door and asked if you could take a dump? LMAO.

I'm still in two minds about the Bedford Half.  It's an enjoyable race, but I'm seeing the orthopaedic consultant just a few days beforehand.  I will probably enter the Oakley 20 (also around Bedford) next March, having realised that it is exactly three weeks before Brighton.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.