Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

2,301 to 2,320 of 4,505 messages
27/11/2012 at 17:46

Oscarr, thanks for the reports sounds ace, I would love to say I would be up for it next year, but nippers will get in the way...doh!

MCS..I need a new pair of inov8's so the e-mail would be ace

I've just got back from a session that I've wanted to do for a while but never quite managed, I ran a 10M tempo run in 59:59...think I must be back on form.  On the downside my white longsleeved top is now black and my bottom is still numb from the cold (skins really have no thermal properties!)

27/11/2012 at 19:29
Wow Choisty!
27/11/2012 at 21:52

Fabulous OCD time for 10m Choisty   I wish I could run that pace, just for one mile.  I ran three miles "tempo" tonight, but I'm embarrassed to say it was 8:30 pace.  Definitely not worthy.

On a completely non-running related subject.  Remember I went AWOL to prepare for my uni exam? No? Well I'm reminding you now.  Anyway, I just got result notification and.....drum roll..... I got a distinction!  Sooooooo chuffed 

27/11/2012 at 22:57

Wow Choisty! That's amazingly quick! I couldn't do 5km at that pace! Wow! Although I managed to knock 22 seconds off my parkrun PB on Saturday - woo! (If only ONE of those miles was at your 6 min/mile pace!!

Nice one Tenjiso! That's fantastic!

28/11/2012 at 08:02

Ten 

Be proud, what a result. 

28/11/2012 at 09:07
Ten - brilliant exam result, really well done and impressive.
mcs
28/11/2012 at 09:20

Mr super speedy Choisty send me your email address and I will forward you that email. Great run. Skinz are good but when its cold wow you feel it........

FANTASTIC always great to pass an exam. Congrats TEN.....well done.

the past is but the beginning of a beginning.

28/11/2012 at 09:28
Anyone thinking of Cyprus next year, I have been talking to other folk about different ways of booking and different ways of staying which are very much cheaper than the way I did it this year so you can learn from my experience if you wish. Been on some other sites to check it out already. Talk later to anyone interested.
28/11/2012 at 10:02
Me Oscarr! I have found the same with my solo ventures into running tourism (usually as a spectator), but I do value convenience, prime locations, and facilities, so it's always worth weighing up all the factors if we have the information, and thanks to you we do!
28/11/2012 at 10:31

Thanks guys

Reikki - I've started using the roller just before going to bed.  Without doubt my knee feels much better in the morning, whereas before there was always pain when I got up first thing.  I'm getting hopeful that this is the way to go, in spite of my earlier doubts.

I finally get to see the orthopaedic consultant next week.

28/11/2012 at 11:40

Ten, congratulations  great result after endless hard work

Pace isn't everything...effort is.  to that end has anyone read Matthew Syed's book Bounce (the myth of talent and the power of practice)?  an excellent read and some well made points, but the basic thesis is that practice or more correctly purposeful practice and embracing failure is the only way to succeed.

28/11/2012 at 12:24

Sounds interesting, I remember reading something from Paula about how many girls even in her year in school she reckoned had equivalent talent. 

Ten my knee hurts!  Hip much better on the right, but left knee seems a tad sore round the edges, perhaps even as a result of the exercise where you press it against the ball/wall as mentioned before. 

Just did 8.71 in 1:35 along canal and on the mashes, now for the flurry of activity and dash out the door we associate with work! 

28/11/2012 at 13:38

Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees all round!

28/11/2012 at 14:47

Well I've been taking the advice on base training for the London marathon and just completed my second hilly run (Sunday was the first) over the beautiful and big Surrey hills, what a pleasure

mcs
29/11/2012 at 13:34

What a cracking day here in Bakewell.......bootiful. INTERVAL SPEED TIME.....ouch....that hurt give me some food!!! Not done any serious hills yet Choisty so will do that tomorrow and Sunday......all the best for your base training, stay fit.

9.07-7.45-7.50-8.58-7.23-8.25-6.54-7.55....lovely sunny day, cold and managed to crash a couple of faster miles........tough.....couldn't get out of bed this morning but amazing how I kind of enjoyed that!!!

29/11/2012 at 13:47

Great running mcs

29/11/2012 at 14:55

Always nice to see a mile startign with  a 6 especially that deep into a session...lovely day here to but it is club night so no running at lunch, I start doubles next week

mcs
29/11/2012 at 15:02

Cheers guys must admit I fear intervals, well my CHimp does.......must read that book RR recommended.....where is the link? WHat do doubles comprise of for you C ? I do small ones to work and back but not lengthy ones!!!

29/11/2012 at 17:14

Doubles start as an easy 4M midday with reps/tempo in the evening, but the lunch run will creep up to 10M with either 8M of reps or 10M of tempo when I'm at peak mileage during marathon training .  How long is your commute run?

29/11/2012 at 21:33

Three runs so far this week a 5, 7 & 8m.

The first one was a bit of a milestone for me as I ran the whole thing in the 75% MHR zone for the first time - no drift at all and it is quite a hilly route.

Second run a bit quicker overall about 8:04 min/m - a dawn run, really beautiful and then 8m general aerobic run this evening in the moonlight but also about 4 degrees C. After getting warm enough to concentrate, I banged in progressive increases in pace per mile to 7:30 ish and then cruised home.

A very wet, muddy XC alongside the Thames at Culham awaits on Sunday.....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.