Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

2,361 to 2,380 of 4,501 messages
mcs
04/12/2012 at 13:28

Awsome times there Mike you are flying well done. Just been looking round to see if I can see a 10K near me over the holiday period. Never raced a 10K.  All the best for a recovery for Bedford Bo! Not nice.......loads of kids seem to have it at the moment near us.

04/12/2012 at 15:54
Over in west Wales seeing my son and his very pregnant wifey - due in a week's time. Plenty of hill work for me this week.
mcs
04/12/2012 at 16:26

Boredar is the extent of my welsh!!! Have fun Oscar....

05/12/2012 at 06:50

Morning all - just gearing up for an out and back progression session, waiting for light and thawing.

05/12/2012 at 07:03

Meanwhile it's snowing!

05/12/2012 at 07:59

Crikey reiki - get yer woolly knickers on love!  Enjoy making those first footprints!

Agility class with Rascal for me  (I'm sure thast counts as intervals! ) and then MTB + yoga.

Am on countdown here now - my training starts to increase in the New Year and I'm looking forward to it.  The problem I have with base training/having a seasonal rest if that I don't feel like I'm doing anything - although I know I am really from a physiological point of view! Och well - I'll be eating those words after my TRX sesh tomorrow!

Have a lovely time oscarr - hope your midewife skills aren't called into play in the middle of the night!

Voting opens today for the 26.2 lot - how odd does that feel!

05/12/2012 at 08:31
Thanks guys - we had a hail storm last night when taking the dog out - really hurt on the face and head and the dog was most confused!! 8 mile hill run for me today.
mcs
05/12/2012 at 09:13

Freezing up here this morning............cycled in with gloves and polar buff. Dentist at 5pm and then off to see Jools Holland tonight at Sheffield City Hall, looking forward to it, he does a great concert.
Flat marathons for a sub four effort next year then guys suggestions please? Milton Keynes is a flat one May bank holiday Monday...............

05/12/2012 at 09:19
Mcs - Abingdon in October is flat and a lot of folk I know got PB there this year- need to keep keen eye out for entry which this year opened on feb 1st and was full inside two weeks. Chester is also October and is flatish but uphill in the last few miles. MK sounds a good one in the spring is flat and great stadium finish but not a particularly inspiring route if you want scenery as well.
mcs
05/12/2012 at 09:23

thinking thinking.......

05/12/2012 at 11:48

I'm gonna have a crack at entering Abingdon in October.

Also voted for the new 26.2 bunch, based on their statements. Runny RunRun's got my GFA vote (being that I met her last year and is really nice).

mcs
05/12/2012 at 13:31

Voted, some right speedy merchants in there this time. I have voted for the slower lot and those around my speed.

05/12/2012 at 14:06
mcs: me too, looking for a thread to follow that is close to my aims.
mcs
05/12/2012 at 14:11

Abingdon is a possibility though fancy using the training over the next 16 weeks for an earlier marathon. What are you aims for next one then BO? 3.50 sub?

05/12/2012 at 14:42
I'm hoping to do Abingdon 2013.

Mind you this morning's progression run was a bit of a joke, was supposed to be 15 mins from start point then back quicker, but in fact I got one pathway confused Di ran a simple (very convoluted and twisty) 15 mins each way.

Managed 1.77 out, 1.80 back.

Mmmmmm
mcs
05/12/2012 at 15:00

I have a place in GNR but not going to do it this year done it three years in a row. Message me if anyone wants the place.

05/12/2012 at 16:38

I've waited four months for my appointment with the orthopaedic consultant, so it came as no surprise to me that the roads were a nightmare because of snow.  After walking the kids to school, I then walked the three-odd miles to the hospital - overtaking the bus on the way 

Also, I know the only law guaranteed to apply to me is Sod's law.  So of course I would have absolutely no knee pain at all today.  One of only half-a-dozen such days since August.

Having walked to the hospital, I made it well in time for my appointment.  Unlike the consultant, which meant my appointment was about ninety minutes late anyway 

Anyway, I had an X-Ray.  This showed no damage to the joints.  After further examination the consultant says that I have some thinning cartilage and a rough inner surface - a normal product of aging.  No real ITB problem and no need for severe intervention by way of an operation.  Maybe I will need a steroid in the future, but not now.  I am being referred for physio to help.  I suspect the physio will involve quad strengthening - but I forgot to ask (d'oh!).

Best news was there is no problem with running and training for a marathon 

05/12/2012 at 16:41

Whoooopy whooooooooo Ten - hope you get a nice physio who doesn't make you work too hard!

05/12/2012 at 16:48
Great news Ten you must be pleased.
05/12/2012 at 17:19

Great news indeed ten

MCS Abingdon or there is Berlin, Frankfurt or Amsterdam??? I love abingdon great race, fills up quick mind

loved the tracks in the snow today 10M in 65mins faster than the trains!!!

On the ASICS Target 26.2, did you see the chap looking at 2:20 can't wait for his thread as I want to know how he thinks that is achievable for a first marathon, blikin' flip

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.