Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

2,421 to 2,440 of 4,501 messages
06/12/2012 at 14:51

SB - based on my marathon times, I'll pwn you all 

Reikki - nice one!  Have you decided on a plan to follow, and when will you start?  You're HM time is faster than mine, so I'd say you have a better chance than me.  Oakley is indeed three weeks before Brighton on 24th March (unusually next year, it is four weeks before London).

06/12/2012 at 15:14

Not if we 'pwn' you first - care to explain yourself?  It helps if you stop dribbling on the keyboard - tut tut

mcs
06/12/2012 at 15:14

I am up for the mileage comp SB the only issue is need to run a "m" in 2013.........have to log my miles in Run Britain from January 1st then........

Cup of tea time anyone. Getting dark here and wet stuff coming out of the sky again. Going to get wet me thinks again..
Love thy neighbour as thyself but choose your neighbourhood.

mcs
06/12/2012 at 15:15

What is Ten up to????

mcs
06/12/2012 at 15:15

If we keep this chat up all day we can keep Asics off the top of the page!!! Really must do some work now goodbye.

06/12/2012 at 15:37

Choisty - Yep - I thought I'd go with a Boston qualifying time and anything below that a win! What was Paris course like? I reckon I should be able to knock quite a few mins off of my marathon time if there isn't a hill like Parliament Street at mile 22

MCS - Yep - was me at bootcamp last year! Bootcamp was my first introduction to a running track - I got a bit (EXTREMELY) carried away but nailed the pacing this year ... was bang on what I'd written on my entry - to the second! Thought I'd better show I could actually do the whole pacing thing this year!

SB - Was just talking about you on my Forum thread! I said how you'd shown me that a sub-4 on the first go was possible! (It seemed such an impossible target a year ago!)

RR - You doing Reading half again in 2013? I did it this year but the dual carriageway bit at the end was was boring ... as for the doubling back ...! Have you done Bristol? Really enjoyed that one this year - bit more to look at and distract me!

06/12/2012 at 16:05

RRR - I'm always right I am .  Glad I helped plant of seed of belief in your swede - that's all it takes for some folks.

I remember thinking 'gee whizz' when you went off at about sub 20 pace!  But your 10k PB was faster than mine so I didn't think to grab you by the elastic and calm you down a bit.  Still .... it's all worked out for the best and all that!

Think Ten has had something-to-keep-the-chill-out in his tea today!

Go careful out there mcs - has been a real hoot here today watching Rascal do Bambi impressions on the iced over puddles!  Knowing how you like your local races - what about this one?white-peak-marathon.  

06/12/2012 at 16:09

SB - Remember you reining me in with appropriate galloping motions when I started pegging it in Sam's session last year though! Hee hee! Live and learn ... and come back for a second go ...!

06/12/2012 at 16:14

My horsey!!!!!!!!!! He's alive and well I assure you - regularly comes out for a gallop!  I was merrily jurmping over some gymkhana jumps that were set up in a field on a club run over the summer.  My current clubmates didn't know me that well at that point and I think were a little worried.... they know what to expect now!

06/12/2012 at 16:21

If I'm reading SB's competition correctly:

Lots of running + crap marathon time = winner

Thus...... I pwn.

PWN (verb) An act of dominating an opponent. 

06/12/2012 at 16:39

Ahhhh of course (thank goodness for wikipedia) - you're using that "down-with-the-kidz" type lingo again!!!!

No - lots of running = winner (of which there'll be 3 as decided by how they also do in their marathon of choice).  Most miles per marathon time category..

I'm about to take away your professor status

So far the contestants are:

Me

mcs

Ten

Entries close midnight on New Year's Eve - no further entrants will be admitted buyond those fateful bells!

06/12/2012 at 16:41

You bunch of annoyances you know I can't resist a competition...my mileage this year so far is 2955 (according to my Garmin), with the longest month being January...special mention must go to March and September though as both topped 300 too.  Longest week was 97! Not sure I will go that far next year although a 100 mile week might happen.  Looks like I will top 3,000 for the first time this year.

All I need now is to go back to running 6:43 marathons!

06/12/2012 at 16:49

Choisty - you must have the biggest improvement record of any sub 2:45 marathoner. 6:43 to 2:43 amazing. Did you hop the first one?

06/12/2012 at 16:49

hee hee hee

Entry list:

Me

mcs

Ten

Choisty

06/12/2012 at 16:51

DS2, took fifteen years and around 30,000 miles, but the journey was fun

SB, based on that entry list, can we have Ten go straight to doping control?

06/12/2012 at 16:59

Choisty - even more impressive then! Shows what consistent training can achieve!

This thread looks good fun. I will lurk a little longer and see if I can work out what's going on!

06/12/2012 at 17:02

Good luck with that!!!! We're here every day and we rarely know...

Join in our little comp if you like - the more the merrier - general idea was formed a page or so ago!

Choisty - I don't think they've yet invented a test for what he's on!!!!!

06/12/2012 at 19:06
I have no idea what the rules of this comp are but count me in anyway!

DS2 - if you find out what is going on in this forum please keep it quiet or else we all might get sectioned !
06/12/2012 at 19:11

Yippee - just log your miles next year (ideally on runBritain so we can all spy on you) and do at least one mara next year....Simples

Entrants:

Me

mcs

Ten

Choisty

oscarr

(no where are the rest of the usual suspects????? - Shall we just rope them in without their consent I wonder....)

06/12/2012 at 20:34
I'm in! Put me down for sub 4:00. Gonna have a crack at sub 3:45 though. Is that reasonable????

Excuses (seems like a week ago): I'm a fat lazy git and can't be bothered to get up and train... Like that one?

I'm in for Reading this year, but that other one looks good Ten. Entered a 10k to assess first months training (getting to like them). PB is 45:40something, so sub 45 much needed. Speedwork!!!!

Lost my thread now, bloody 14 hour days....
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.