Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

2,481 to 2,500 of 4,501 messages
08/12/2012 at 17:58

Ha Ten!  You crack me up.  

Yes I wanted to and usually do Oakley, but had the wrong date for it originally.  

08/12/2012 at 18:06
reikirabbit wrote (see)

Ten I'm going to try to do a very steady 10 miler tomorrow, about a min/mile slower than you went today

That is exactly what I had planned! 

Normally Oakley is three weeks out from London.  I was pleased, though, that they had changed it next year to match my Brighton plans.

08/12/2012 at 18:07

Craig - good luck for tomorrow!

08/12/2012 at 19:40
Thanks Ten! Pastaing up right now...
08/12/2012 at 20:23

Mousaka and chips for me ... tee hee!! washed down with a guinness (good for the iron!!)

08/12/2012 at 21:24
On the iron front. My 2 year old had his hand in the marmite pot and licking it off his hand while I had my back turned... Good boy!
09/12/2012 at 08:56

Nice one that lad!

Good luck to all today!

09/12/2012 at 14:50

Back from Handy Cross XC - soundly beaten by Oscarr of course, but had a great workout - HR was pushing way higher than it would normally up the hills. 

The elevation changes were tough for me (that's forgetting ankle deep mud). 
-60m in the first km. Then +70m in the next km (overtook a lot of walking "runners"), then -40m over next 1/2 km, then +50m over the next 400m, then flattish for a bit, then  down 50m in 600m, then up 50m in 400m, then flattish to down for 1km, then sharp down 50m in 300m, then up 60m in 700m then down 80m, then uphill sprint for the finish. *grin* I'm looking forward to seeing where I finish - didn't do too badly for a first attempt and was overtaking people pretty much all of the way through - especially up the hills, which I only resorted to walking for 2 very short times.

Had a good catch up with Oscarr afterwards and some of the other runners from my club. I also really enjoyed the bath when I got home  

Edited: 09/12/2012 at 14:50
09/12/2012 at 15:12

Andy Reading 10k 2012

Cold - ish, dry and windy just about sums it up.

3km of the 10km were dead into the stiff wind including k's 2-3 which were also up a long incline, same for everybody of course!

Decided in advance to try and keep a 7:00min/m off the score card and almost made it - 3 secs over on 1st mile through the village and 5 secs over into a tough (5th mile) 8th km, into the wind again.

Overall pace was 6:50 min/m which got me home in 42:29 and a course PB (actually 2nd fastest 10k ever). Also moved up the pecking order and finished MV60 3rd place so happy days and my last official race of 2012. Including parkruns, this was race No.29 for the year.....

A week or two to wind down and then it all starts for marathon training 2013 style!

09/12/2012 at 15:14

Well done AC8 & Oscarr - XC is definitely habit-forming and good for the character, or so my old PE master used to tell me!

Anyone else doing the Berkshire XC champs - 5th Jan 13 I believe, Braywick Park, Maidenhead?

09/12/2012 at 15:24

Yayyy AC8, oscarr, Mike, Bo

Great fun at the Lincs League xc for me today - cycled there as I planned - someone told me there were a couple of decent hills on the way but I didn't believe them.... I should have!  The course started atop the Lincoln Cliff (as it's called).  Got there in plenty of time to recover though and really enjoyed the course - not sure where I finished V-wise but 20th in the S/V/U20 Ladies.  That'll do for me - can't really expect much on 13 miles a week LOL.  Really, really enjoyed freewheeling downhill on the way home though! And discovered a nice 12 mile loop with a couple of decent hills in it!!! That'll be handy when I start winding things back up again in a few weeks.

Marmite - yakkkkkkkkk unless it's in the veggie nutloaf that I occasionally make when it's lovely! But on its own...

09/12/2012 at 15:32
They sound like great races guys. Might give xc a go at some point, but bound to have flashbacks to dodgy PE teachers, freezing weather, pain and having cheeky fags in the bushes....

Well, Bedford half was 'fun'. Lots of in the face wind, but dry, chilly and bright. Nice run around the countryside with some great people. Came in 1:43:49 and felt every last inche of the course and not what you would call 'comfortable'. PBed by 2:39!!! Woohoo!
09/12/2012 at 15:54

Fanatstic running everyone.  Mike, you should be well pleased with all your times in 2012.  Bo, that's a great HM time and just think where you were a year ago!!  Sleepy, hills in Lincolnshire, you're havin a larf !!

Great xc today - knee deep mud, mega hills and a cold breeze - just what Sunday mornings are for.  Sleepy - you will be pleased to know that your panda cows are still there.

09/12/2012 at 15:55

Oh, great to have such a good chat with AC8 after the xc today.  Good luck again with raising the funds to get your junior park run started.

09/12/2012 at 16:05

Yayyy for the panda cows!! This is what they look like for anyone who's wondering

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/614617/gallery/panda-cow.jpg?width=350

How were the cakes today?  Any particularly fine home-made specimens?

Apparently our ladies' team has been squeezed out of our 3rd place league spot - no trophies for us then Must have been close!

09/12/2012 at 17:02

^^^ I believe that is a holstein cow. If I'm not mistaken they originate from the Friesland area of Holland and were developed for high milk production. 

Check my geekness out. 

09/12/2012 at 17:20

Great running everyone!!!!  I haven't even run yet, but I've only got a few easy miles to do today.  Two sets of Christmas lights both failed today.  I can't find the faults and got a headache trying , so it looks like I've got some unscheduled shopping to do tomorrow.  The tree just doesn't look the same without them.  At least the outdoor lights worked.

Great time at Bedford BoD!  There are usually plenty of walkers in the last quarter-of-a-mile.  It's pretty deceptive.  Last year a guy flew past me just before that final incline.  Minutes later he looked like he had been poleaxed.

What marathon time will you be targeting?  Sub 3:45 must be on the cards!!!

09/12/2012 at 17:26

Ten: it was a bit of a shocker. I normally pick up in the last mile or two, but had to hang on and try not to stop. Wasn't expecting it to be quite so hard, but very pleased. Nightmare with the lights, our decs are not going up till next week, we've got bare concreate on the kitchen floor and have to drag all of the white goods into the lounge... Bummer.

Think I'm gonna have a punt at 3:45 now... *thinks of the burning legs and flayed lungs*

09/12/2012 at 22:20

NOOOOOOO BO - it's a panda cow ya hear! Once a panda cow, always a panda cow

3:45 - yayyyyyy do it do it do it

09/12/2012 at 22:21

oscarr - I will take a pic of the hill when I go recce the route by foot - even promised I'd go show Ben it - it's that good a hill and only 3 miles from home - perfect warm up, hill reps then home! (For him....)

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.