Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

2,501 to 2,520 of 4,505 messages
10/12/2012 at 08:25
Loving the panda cow!

Awesome running guys, all of you have inspired me this morning as I await the G trainer!

Managed my prescribed slow 10 yesterday no problem.

I'm on the look out for hills but it's either the couple of short ones in mile end park or 4 miles to Springfield for decent ones,
10/12/2012 at 10:23

Great running out there this weekend, feeling a little light wieght without running

Amazing PB BoD made the sub 1:45, you must of been working hard in training

Mike excellent age group, was there any bling?

RR great discipline

XC guys..is handy cross just stupidly hilly???? I used to run at the track round there

I had a manic weekend, which resulted in me running 16miles with a hangover at 7:30 on sunday morning with my super fast training partner at an average 6:35 pace. He left me a couple of times and did a little loop before running off again!!! still I got my own back as he stopped for a pee at 13miles so I kicked-down the pace to 6:06 so he had run at 5:50 pace for 2 miles to catch me! last mile was murder after that!

10/12/2012 at 10:23

SB when are your 40, as I become a vet 40 mid feb...not too far away

10/12/2012 at 10:32

Evil Choisty 

Today is the official start of my marathon training.  It is a rest day 

I'm going to base the training on the P&D up to 55 mile schedule to start with.  I'll see how I get on and make changes as necessary.  I think their focus on tempo runs, rather than intervals, will help keep me new-injury-free.  They also prescribe higher mileage long runs early on, which suits me fine.  I might struggle with the longer midweek runs, though, which is where I will have to tweak the schedules.  This week I'll reduce the overall mileage slightly, so that I don't overdo things early on.

Don't quote me on this, but I think I'm going to make more of an effort with core training and nutrition.  Maybe. 

10/12/2012 at 10:55

Ten Will be fab to follow how you get on...

Choisty - about a week after you!  You can let me know how it is - maybe I'll delay it LOL

reiki - hills = precious things!

mcs
10/12/2012 at 10:55

Nice running to all over the weekend and podium position for Mike and a PB for Mr BO well done to all.  I keep saying I will work on core stuff too TEN, lets make a pact you do it and I will do it. Perhaps SB can set a competition to help us get it done. 
Had a busy weekend and got out Sunday am in the pouring rain and strong wind blowing into my face all the way our for 7 miles before I turned and ran back another 7 managed to keep going, though wanted to stop all the time, think the glass of red wine, which is rather a rarity for me on Friday night was in my legs. Anyway managed 14 miles in 1.58 which was too quick really, but hey done, so happy. Having a rest day today as the legs a touch sore. 

10/12/2012 at 11:18

The trouble with core work for me is that any benefits are burried deep within the michelin-suit I wear.

mcs
10/12/2012 at 12:31

Is that why you dont have a picture up Ten??

SB I have just been on the run britain site and you cant put your mileage down for training or am I missing something?  It says its finished.........sure I am missing something......

10/12/2012 at 12:48

mcs - Scroll right down to the bottom of the page - under your list of races that you've taken part in...  You'll probably only be able to see it if you're logged in as you and looking at your own profile!

Hmmm now then - how can we monitor your core strength.... will have a think about that one

10/12/2012 at 12:52
Ten I keep meaning to ask for a reminder as to what P&D is..
mcs
10/12/2012 at 13:16

Yep I can see that dont think I had signed in properly......will have to put the last years figures in now!!!

10/12/2012 at 13:24

mcs Hee hee hee - what else are Mondays for... stats day across the globe surely!

Here you go reiki... P&D overview

mcs
10/12/2012 at 13:36

Just smashed the sales figures of all time, so I am smiling. £3.7 million from my desk this year......Not bad eh, the best ever. And heard the export sales guy just got sacked in Holland and more to come this week but not this office we are no.2 in Europe only the group of Scandinavian countries beat us. Better do some more figures!!!

10/12/2012 at 13:38

Good effort mcs!

10/12/2012 at 14:22

Brilliant sales effort, mcs - any year end bonuses coming your way??? could be your marathon entry fees!!!

10/12/2012 at 14:43
Awesome work mcs!

Cheers SB I just had a read on the bus, I love Mondays because I get to travel to do Athletics at a school across the borough.

High knees and running backwards and all.

I'm still in awe of the weekend's performances, whoopido, can't wait to do a race after being so good and exhibiting much restraint.
10/12/2012 at 14:53

LOL at the thought of reiki on a school bus

Hope you're not causing mischief on the back seat

mcs
10/12/2012 at 16:45

Just been doing Pilates for the core page 41 of June runners world mag, sore now!!!! Much prefer to run!!!!! 6 miles easy tomorrow......1-0 to me Ten!!!
Bonus a no no I am afraid, the company are just going after more and more profit and shrinking I think......see what the new year brings hopefully another year of employment!!!

The only time I have been on a bus to school was when I used to take my double bass the rest of the time I would walk and save the bus money!!!!

10/12/2012 at 18:01

Reikki - P&D is Pftzinger and Douglas - referring to their book "Advanced Marathoning".  An excellent read.

mcs - I'm still working on filling my core with, erm.... fuel.   Well done with the sales!

10/12/2012 at 18:09

Choisty re bling: 3rd on the podium doesn't mean much when they only have two prizes on the table to hand out for the Vets, and there was no podium anyway!

Bit of a let down really.....never mind. It's on the official list and that's what counts I guess.....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.