Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

2,601 to 2,620 of 4,501 messages
13/12/2012 at 08:29

PS I can't see Ten!  

mcs
13/12/2012 at 09:00

Me neither. Blimey its cold this am freezing hoare frost on the five mile cross country I did to work. Took some pics on the camera will have to put them up somewhere. Thanks for those numbers SB  thinks the first set are the ones I am going to go for while I am fit and young enough!!!

13/12/2012 at 09:23

It's so cold. Think I over did the gym yesterday, not my arms, sholders and back are suffering DOMS. Oh well...

First post Bedford run planed for tomorrow.

I've calculated by paces as:

Easy: 9.01

Tempo: 7.32

Fast: 6.45

Longs: 9.01 - 10.15

From RW training pace calculator...

Can't wait to properly start training for Brighton now. Bring on the long runs!

13/12/2012 at 09:42

I've started BoD!  

Congratulations Reikki!!!!   You'll be indispensible by the time six months is up.

This morning have my first DOMS from running that I have had in ages.  And that's after my first official marathon training run!  Today is my nine mile GA run.  I'll go with steady 10:20 pace (5.8mph) on the treadie while monitoring my heart rate.  Why the treadmill?  Because I'm absolutely useless at sticking to slower paces outside! Fact.

Which reminds me.... must charge my mp3 player and download marathon talk.

13/12/2012 at 09:45

How long does it take them to accept an avatar photo?  I want my inspirational reminder on all my posts!  

13/12/2012 at 10:27

for Reikki

I didn't make it out for a run yesterday suppose to be 20M, but on the same session during marathon training I tore my psoas in the rediculous cold so decieded to be christmassy instead.

There was a thread on marathon pace vs half on here earlier inthe year and the conclusion was half plus 20mins as a good rule of thumb.  My conversion was rediculous 1:19:52 to 2:43:59 but I was a mjor outlier.

On traing paces these are mine:

Long:  6:35-7:35
Easy:  6:35 - 7:05
Steady: 5:55 - 6:15
Tempo:  5:49 - 5:59
VO2 Max:  5:13 - 5:23

They actually shocked me

13/12/2012 at 11:31

LOL - Choisty's easy pace is my fastest ever.  

I assume you mean double the half, plus 20 minutes?  ie. 2hr HM = 4:20 marathon?

13/12/2012 at 11:48

Ten...yep double HM plus 20mins

Now where is your avatar???

13/12/2012 at 11:54

Dunno... I've submitted it twice.  11k in size (ie. tiny), so I don't know what's taking so long.

mcs
13/12/2012 at 12:48

Speedy times there....Choisty excellent speed.
Just put a bird feeder on the office window to feed the birds, loads of them tucking now. Hoare frost and freezing fog means its still minus four or so here in Bakewell. Yuk......got to run home tonight too, lovely......

13/12/2012 at 13:25

I already know what Ten looks like 'cos I met the superstar on the rainest day I've ever expreainced.

Pleased to see that RRR and Finest Smoked Back have got there 26.2 places...

13/12/2012 at 14:02

Kind hint... cos it's nearly Christmas - have a peek on his runBritain profile

Reiki - go get em girl....

Your figures:  Based on your half: recovery -10.15-11.30 / base  9.18-10.14  / MP 8.46 / HMP  8.27  / 10K 8.03

Based on your mara : recovery  10.52-12.12  /  base  9.54 -10.51  / MP  9.20  / HMP  9.02  / 10K  8.36

I have conclusive proof that a mince a day is good for you - my body fat has officially been overtaken by my lean muscle mass (29.5% vs 30%) - whoop whoop - weight and visceral fat are showing a very slight drop but have been pretty much stable for the last 9 weeks.  (overall body fat down 3%, muscle mass up  2.3%).  He worked me hard today - plyometricy type stuff - evil but obviously worth it!  So it must all be down to the mince pies as far as I'm concerned

Yay for Sarah and Baconchops and the rest... Sarah - just you remember - my horsey is watching you - you may not always recognise me - but if you hear a neigh as you pass a field - it may be one of many outfits

13/12/2012 at 15:18
SB

Thanks for that ! I'm well confused, thought the marathon time was comparatively better, big difference there.

One thing I'd like some input on I'd the impact of the extra you run on the marathon, like I have never come in under 27, and my pace last year was under 9.

Doesn't seem to happen to anything like that degree in the halfs

That's some pace you're running, or some paces, I could just about manage the slow end of your long run as a V02 max session!

Accepted the job.
13/12/2012 at 15:24
Reiki - congrats on your new job, well done- onwards and upwards!

Congrats also to RRR and Bacon Sarnie for getting through to Paris - it's a great prize and experience so enjoy it.

Visiting my mate in Watford today- just walked the dog followed by open fire in pub, couple of Adnams and a sausage and onion baguette, awful really!!
13/12/2012 at 15:33

Oscarr, that sounds like a tough day there, you better relax now

RR, it's all about effort not speed though, on that I always train at target time based paces rather than PB's that way I might actually get to the target!  You're right about marathons being long as Paris was 26.5 for me an extra 0.3 was worth 2 minutes so I could of been in 2:41's...must run on the blue line in VLM.

Bacon Sarnie & RRR...congratulations, just a couple of pieces of advice, listen and have fun, the rest will just come

13/12/2012 at 15:49

Congrats rashers, shady, rrr, aw and mel let the stalking begin

13/12/2012 at 15:50

Aw thanks guys, I'm blushing  I'm also intrigued as to how many bacon-related nicknames can be thought up between now and April! Bacon sarnie is my favourite thus far... 

Reiki - congrats on the new job!

Ten - still waiting for the big unveil eh? Mine took a day or so...

oscarr - sounds rough, don't know how you do it...

ps as I am now officially en route to Paris, the french for bacon sandwich is "sandwich à lard". Sounds... pleasant 

13/12/2012 at 16:50

Steve: you could have had 'Streaky', but Choisty can have that one cos' his slow is my 1 mile PB... 

13/12/2012 at 16:58

mmmm..... lard sandwiches.  Is that like bread and dripping?  Now that takes me back to an old favourite.

Theye didn't dare not put Sarah through, in case she started a hate campaign against Asics 

I've completed my nine mile GA (general aerobic) run.  I ran it at the fast end of the pace range (10:20), because I knew it would be well within the heart rate tolerance.  Very comfortable run on the treadie, listening to marathontalk.

mcs = marathontalk contributing superstar.

mcs
13/12/2012 at 16:59

Bacon butty well done lad, you streaked it easily, hope you are not too lardy for when that training kicks in.....

Congrats RR......Time for me to don the head torch!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.